Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Lease Transfer Approval

Old 08-19-2015, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 3 Series
Angry Lease Transfer Approval

Hi so I'm trying to take over a lease for a CLA 250. I got denied with a cosigner (mom) who has very good credit. And I tried with my dad who has good credit as a cosigner and got denied as well. Both have upper 700s fico scores. Then they tried together,MB called my mom for an person verification and I got an email saying they were denied. when my mom called MBFS they said that the application was still said it was being reviewed after I got the denial email. We currently have a lease on a luxury car and own the one. If my parents went to lease a new MB they would be approved. What are the chances of my parents being approved since it says the app is still being reviewed. They're willing to make all the lease payments up front. The reason I'm trying to do a lease takeover is because I need a car short term and not the general 36mons and I got a good deal with one.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:27 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
I know this probably won't help too much, but I've investigated lease transfers with MB before on Swapalease, etc. for the heck of it. All of my research online says that MBFS has extremely stringent guidelines for lease transfers.

From what I understand, they're more likely to accept the lease transfer only if the new lessee has better credit than the original lessee. Otherwise, for them, it makes sense to deny the lease transfer and enforce the current contract. Can't say that if I was in their shoes I would do differently. I could be wrong but it makes sense to me.