Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

New Lease Return Inspection Process - Oct 2016

Old 02-01-2017, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic
Thumbs down New Lease Return Inspection Process - Oct 2016

Don't know what's going on with MB, but they've switched how end of lease inspections are done in New Jersey to an outside third party. No more dealer inspections.

Just got hit with $4,500 bill on GLE350 4Matic 3 year lease. They charged for everything they could find - including tires that didn't have enough tread on them; scuff mark that was less than 1" long on bumber. A $500 lease disposal fee. Plus over $800 in 'miscellaneous taxes and fees'.

Spoke to my salesman. He stated he's got a pile of these on his desk and lots of very upset customers. Leased 7 MBs over the years, I've never experienced anything like this!
Old 02-03-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 E300 4matic Sport
Very surprised.

The end of lease fee of $595 is high compared to other manufacturers but waived if you lease another MB.

To have about $3900 of additional charges seems really crazy. Was the car that beat up? If the tread is less then 3/32nds, you are on the hook for tires. If the dings or scratches are beyond a certain size, you are responsible to repair. BTW, the price you pay MB at end of lease is usually less than what you would pay someone to fix them.

At the end, you can call MB Financial Services and they will work with you in reducing the amount.

My approach is to not let any 3rd party inspect my car at end of lease. Those inspectors are paid to find problems.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 338 Likes on 211 Posts
S560
Yes- MB switched to Autovin for their lease returns. Sounds like they are a nightmare. A friend just went through his pre-inspection and they hit him for a new windshield because it had a repaired star amongst other things. All in all a near perfect truck and he came away with a few thousand $ in needed repairs. It's the second time I have heard this now...

MJS- It's not your option to use them or not- It's the service MB uses...
Old 05-04-2017, 05:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
This has been going on a long time in ga. I dropped off my car to a local dealer and a few days later they sent a blurry photo of what they claimed was a broken windshield. After calling them, they claimed there was nothing I could do and wanted 2100$.

I immediately drove to dealer and found the manager that had taken car I told him what had transpired and he smiled and led me to the car. There was no crack on windshield and he informed me that they had bought the car the day after I turned it in. So this company not only created false damage, but then were trying to collect on a car they didn't even own.

I wrote a letter to Benz and never had a response.