2008 B Class ABS, ESP, loss of power

Old 05-11-2015, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b class
2008 B Class ABS, ESP, loss of power

I have done front wheel bearing replacement.

Today i have noticed when i drive above about 60kmh, ABS, ESP lights were lit, multifunction display was showing transmission problem and vehicle was slowing down like it is in 1st gear.

What just happened?
Can some one help me please?
Old 04-04-2018, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 B200 Turbo
I had something similar recently. I had to get my right front bearing replaced and when I put it all together I got ABS, ESP, Run flat inoperatable, no anti-roll back system (manual transmission) and my gas gauge would only work for about 3 minutes and then dive to zero, very unnerving to drive around with what appears to be a completly empty tank.
After alot of trial and error and working with a shop to scan the sensors, I found out that the after market bearing I put in had just a slightly smaller magnetic error surface area so the ABS sensor had a slight weaker/lower mileage reading than the other three, but all the curves looked the same. Which probably just pushed it outside of the acceptable tolerance levels. The mechanic I was working with said to replace the ABS sensor, but my electrical engineer came out in me and opted to replace the after market bearing with a new MB bearing. Now everything is back to normal.

What puzzled me in the whole project was that the gas gauge would just die due to a loss of the ABS system. When I first started the car it looked fine and then I noticed that when the range calculation went to zero the gauge also dove to zero. I guess it was all about the ABS/ESP software somehow.

I hope this helps someone.