Battery exchange on W246 B200 petrol

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes B -200 W246
Battery exchange on W246 B200 petrol

The original battery is a Mercedes (produced by Varta) and stamped with the part no. A000-982-21-08.

It is 80 AMP AMG, which has gone very weak due to telephones for Webasto heater, the heater itself, GPS Tracker etc.

I have read, it should be quite easy to exchange yourself, but is there a Varta no, which differs from the Mercedes part-no ?
Old 05-13-2016, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W246 B200
Originally Posted by ebyskov
The original battery is a Mercedes (produced by Varta) and stamped with the part no. A000-982-21-08.

It is 80 AMP AMG, which has gone very weak due to telephones for Webasto heater, the heater itself, GPS Tracker etc.

I have read, it should be quite easy to exchange yourself, but is there a Varta no, which differs from the Mercedes part-no ?
G’day ‘ebyskov’,
You have most likely already replaced the battery in your B200 by now but just in case I have the Varta Battery details you were after.
You have the same battery as that fitted to my W246, it’s an 80Ahr/800CCA AGM battery and you can find all the Varta details at the Web address below.

http://www.varta-automotive.com/en-g...ilver-dynamic/

The level of technical conversation on these Forums is fairly low, it’s the same at the BenzWorld site, most posts are about fairly superficial stuff with a bit of owner feedback on their likes and dislikes, but I guess that's fine, not everyone wants to get into the nut & bolts of their cars.
Also a lot of the info people are looking for when they post can be found fairly easily on the internet, for instance the Varta web address I have noted above was there for anyone to see.
Anyway hope this helps.
BenzieB