B-Class (W245) Discuss the new B-Class MPV: B200 Turbo, B200 CDI, B180 CDI, B150, B170, B200

Thinking of buying B200 - Maintenance Cost Question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B200
Thinking of buying B200 - Maintenance Cost Question.

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a 2009 B200(w/20,000 km) in excellent condition. The price is right, but I'm having trouble getting a sense of what it will cost to maintain the car. It is still under warranty for another 1 1/2 years - so am wondering what the average cost will be per year to service the car while under warranty and then also afterwards?

Any recommendations on garages/mechanics to keep the costs down?

Also - what in your opinion is the 'real-world' gas mileage for the car?

Thank you very much for all your advice.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:51 PM

B200
Thinking of Buying a B200 - Edmonton

Meant to mention that I am in Edmonton - so any recommendations for a mechanic/garage that could service the vehicle at a reasonable cost would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
buy the car. I bought a 2007 model 2 years ago and haven't have a single problem. Get the extended warranty as they will give it to you ±50% as the car is already used. If it is the turbo you will have a nice smile on your face when you floor the gas....it scoots!

maintenance wise it is ok for a small MB around $280 including taxes for the service A (regular oil change + other checkup on the car) Nice thing is you'll only do it once a year or depends on your driving habits.

I do not think it will be a car that will be hard to maintain even after the warranty expires as the car do not have alot of electronic gadgets that tend to fail.

It's a german car so better expect to pay more than what you are paying for a japanese or american brand for maintenance either it will be done by a dealer or a independent merc mechanic.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:20 PM

E-350
Mercedes just started a new program called prepaid maintenance. It basically allows you to pre-pay for 3 services. This may not sound all that great but Mercedes-Benz services alternate between cheap, expensive, medium, cheap, expensive... and so on. I would recommend that you go to your local dealer and ask the service department to draw up a service plan for your vehicle. It should list the prices of the next few services for your vehicle. Then take that list to the finance department and ask them about a prepaid maintenance program for your vehicle. Compare the price of the pre-paid maintenance with the cost of your next few services. This could end up saving you like 500-800. This plan might not be available where you live though. If you want more info on the ppm there is info here.

Hope it helps,

Jacob

Originally Posted by beaubali
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a 2009 B200(w/20,000 km) in excellent condition. The price is right, but I'm having trouble getting a sense of what it will cost to maintain the car. It is still under warranty for another 1 1/2 years - so am wondering what the average cost will be per year to service the car while under warranty and then also afterwards?

Any recommendations on garages/mechanics to keep the costs down?

Also - what in your opinion is the 'real-world' gas mileage for the car?

Thank you very much for all your advice.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
buy the car. I have a 2007 turbo and not a single complain about it and no problems whatsoever. solid car and will be looking at trading it in for the new one when it comes out.