B-Class (W245) Discuss the new B-Class MPV: B200 Turbo, B200 CDI, B180 CDI, B150, B170, B200

Judder from 2009 B200 CVT - normal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes B200
Judder from 2009 B200 CVT - normal?

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum having just purchased a 2009 B200 CVT (non-turbo) with 98,000 km on the clock. Car appears to have been well looked after with a Mercedes service history.

I have an issue that I can't quite work out whether it is a real problem or just the way the car drives. There is a very slight judder when driving that feels like it's coming from the engine or gearbox. It causes the car to very slightly 'hesitate' when driven. almost like a very soft jerk. I just can't work out if it's a serious problem or not. When I shift up and down gear manually it is very smooth, but when cruising on the highway it can be felt or while accelerating. Doesn't seem to do it downhill.

At the last service the dealer recommended the transmission oil and filter be changed. Would old oil have this affect I am experiencing? I know I should take it to an MB dealer for diagnostics but just want to find out if this is normal or not.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 B200CDi
Hi raptor guy

I had the same judder when pulling away from a standing start, but it disappeared after about 30 km/h. It is a precursor to your push belt breaking - expect to be stranded suddenly with the only warning being the dreaded "Transmission - visit workshop" appearing on your dashboard when it breaks. Expect MB to deny any culpability in design defect and to pay more than what your car is worth for the repair! Good Luck!

Not happy.....