B-Class (W245) Discuss the new B-Class MPV: B200 Turbo, B200 CDI, B180 CDI, B150, B170, B200

B200 ABS Errors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B200
B200 ABS Errors

I parked my car (2013 B200) by the roadside for 2+ weeks whilst on holiday ... returned to find an ABS error light, and after driving for 200m the car almost overheating. My local garage has already replaced the radiator pump, but can't seem to figure out the ABS issue. (As an aside, its very odd that these two seemingly unrelated issues should appear from two weeks of not being used).

After initial inspection, the garage suspected the ABS signal cable (some blue thing from what I saw, reminiscent of old airplane carbon fibre headsets). After waiting 2+ weeks for the component, it was replaced today, but only caused even *more* problems to be reported by the computer.

Diagnostic output as follows:

Both garage and I are now baffled, and I might have to bring it back to the Mercedes dealership (which would be pricey). Has anyone come across something like this before?

At least with the coolant fixed, I can drive it to the dealership now... but would prefer to get it repaired locally if possible.

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2016, 04:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
What' the problem replace the speed sensors and get on with your life!!
Old 05-28-2016, 10:18 PM

B200
Originally Posted by Plutoe
What' the problem replace the speed sensors and get on with your life!!
Thanks, but ... is that all it is? Computer also reports problems with the Electronic Parking Break, Power Steering, and Regenerative braking system.

The odd thing is, with the old ABS cable, I had none of those other problems - only a malfunctioning ABS!
Old 05-29-2016, 05:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
You may have a DAS Xentry system, but it is painfully clear that you do not know how to use the diagnostics nor do you understand the cars inter linkage of systems--if any thing follow what the screen shots are telling you and forget about the ESP screen for now!!
Old 05-29-2016, 10:26 PM

B200
Sorry, I wasn't clear: I don't have the Xentry system, nor do I pretend to know how to fix cars. These screenshots were from the garage. It is them who were scratching their heads, since fixing one thing led to another, which led to another etc...

I have a background in IT and networking (not cars) - but I do know that sometimes computers & networks have mysterious and illogical problems which leave me baffled.

Anyway, thanks... and i'll see if they have tried the speed sensors.