From Toyota Prius to Mercedes Benz B electric

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 03:26 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
MB
From Toyota Prius to Mercedes Benz B electric

Between my gas guzzlers Mercedes I own a Toyota Prius to balance the green part of my heart , well, last year I was close to replace my second Toyota Prius for the new plug in Prius, after read some information of a possible Mercedes Benz electric car I decide to wait, I got a call from my local dealer, new Mercedes Benz electric B class is now in stock, I decide take a look right away, after a week of search, look, sneak on every possible website I read reviews from some car rating websites, Mercedes Benz USA, and some other sources that just test drive cars for a couple of days, not reviews from customers like me, where my real interest was if replace my Prius for a B class is worth it. I don't care about 0 to 60 (well if car is under 9 seconds I'm ok ) or if the car can run in the desert for 24 consecutive hours... who cares. if I need a car to run 0 to 60 in 3.4 sec I will back to a AMG don't you think?

My first impression on a B class was not what I spec.. I like the front, the rear end, the sides? looks... looks... weird? ugly? estrange? . But I remember when I got my first Prius, a 2007, looks ugly from every angle but the rear end was not to bad, a incredible gas saver car (compare with my old E55 amg ). Funny, after you own a Prius it is very hard not to have one around, specially when gas reach $5.00 per gallon, many as a primary car, others as a gas saver, green car or whatever reason. After Prius change the body style I replace my older one for the new body style (2010), better front, nice rear end, nice interior, believe it or not, I like my Prius.

After visit MB dealer to check the B electric I start my search, since the color they have in stock was not my taste, the interior was plain black and only two in stock, red and gray color, with P01 package only. I want a little more, after years I learn that if you buy a Mercedes Benz you should get everything you want at once because if you try to save $1000 for not to get bi xenon lights (for example)then you will spend $2,000 trying to retrofit bi xenon lights (who knows what I mean?), most of the time people get what dealer have in stock, I want the P01 package, the multimedia package and later I learn, the most important package... the range package, why? because is not only the electrically heated windshield, it is the extended range of driving, 17 more miles ! meaning that you can drive up to 101 miles per charge, I know price jump from $41,450 to a little over of $49,000 whit all the goodies, the good thing, a federal incentive of $7,500 is going, a very good deal !! like instant discount, dealer check availability for me, only four white cars with all the options I want are in USA (as today), one was located about 130 miles away...

Guess what ? place my order yesterday got it Today! I got my Mercedes Benz electric B, for my surprise car had a little more than I spec, a Blind spot assist (code 234), a burl walnut wood trim matte finish (code H03) a combination of beige and black interior... (gorgeous), Illuminated door sills. The car looks so different from the other two, a combination of interior color, a matte finish dash, the Nav screen is bigger and nicer due to the multimedia package that include rear view camera, who own a Prius know that rear camera was a great option since the back window is small, well, exactly the same case with the B electric car, small rear window, better get rear back up camera, only in the Multimedia package.

I will keep posting my experience and concerns, I mean a real concerns from a real former Prius owner to a B electric car, is anyone here in the same boat?

Old 08-12-2014, 04:46 PM

MB
Now time to focus on B electric class...

Like every body said.. from inside is like drive a Mercedes of course is a "Mercedes", car is extremely quiet, "range" package include more roof and door insulation, I will say is quiet like my S550, no cabin noise, a very soft ride no kidding, I test drive the one w/o range package, yes, you can tell the difference between the two.

Last edited by wally AMG; 08-12-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S4
Hi Wally - can you please share more pictures of the exterior? How's the space? Similar to E or C Class inside?
Old 08-22-2014, 10:44 PM

MB
Salute the new electric generation... two weeks an I love it !

Old 08-23-2014, 12:58 AM

MB
Old 09-27-2014, 01:31 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Past 03 SL500,03 C240, 07 E350, 07 ML350, 10 ML350,11&14 E350 X2 2017 E300, 2017 C350e & 2000 S500
Test drove this car yesterday, and wow! I gunned it and it was peeling off for a good 3-4 seconds. The car needs better sticky tires but overall didnt feel any different then my w212. Enjoy the car and no gas stations!!!