Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our MBWorld Marketplace classifieds forum.

Warning: Michel Maurer repair – fraud and theft

Old 11-28-2015, 11:49 PM
dvg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350, 1991 500SL
Warning: Michel Maurer repair – fraud and theft

Hello,

Here is my story

I purchased the cluster repair service from eBay membermercedesw124club (second eBay account mikeandmarisa.541). I shouldn’t have doneit with the guy who has 5 negative feedbacks on each eBay accounts. I paid for it 109.99 plus 9.99for shipping the part back to me. mercedesw124club offered me to send him the whole cluster not just thespeedometer gauge. I paid $47CAD forshipping. After that he charged me another $31 for shipping it to me inaddition to 9.99 I already paid. When I received the cluster I also paid thecustom due of $29CAD and put it on the car and still it didn’t work. Mostlikely the job was done poorly and the gears were installed not correctly, theycould be jammed and caused the burn of the electric motor on odometer gauge. Igot in touch with the seller and he suggested me to send the cluster to himsecond time. He assured me that he was going to test it before sending it backto me second time.

So, on November 6 I sent the cluster second time and paid$35CAD for shipping. According to USPStracking system the parcel has been delivered to the seller’s parcel locker in SPRINGFIELD, OR 97478. Theseller denied the fact he received it. I contacted his local Post office andafter 2 day investigation I was informed that the parcel was actually deliveredto the seller. So, buying this repair service from the membermercedesw124club I lost $225 US dollars(repair and shipping) and the cluster itself.

I sent refund request via eBay a week ago. It was escalatedto the claim and after I called eBay and explained what happened they issued mea refund taken from his account. They also said that they can’t help me withcluster return. When I filed the claim he sent me the picture of the clusterand said I made an error in the address but he got it and he is going to sellit to somebody for $500.

Here is his address:

Mike Maurer

4101 Forsythia St,

Springfield,

OR 97478

And here is his last message I received:

michelmaurer8one

Nov 26 (2 days ago)to me
What are you waiting for?? Christmas? You get your $120 back and i get to keep your cluster andsell it on eBay for $500!!! Is that what you want??? It sure looks that way
Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  

Last edited by dvg; 11-28-2015 at 11:56 PM.