Sponsored by:

2015 Mercedes C63 AMG Bi-Turbo V8 Testing Spy Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mercedes C63 AMG Bi-Turbo V8 Testing Spy Video

I believe no AWD will be offered like the E63 models but the new C63 sure sounds and looks very fast.

The prices of the current C63 cars have been very stable over the years, I wonder if this new model comes out it will drive the old gen prices down. A clean C63 in the low to mid 30K US range would be a heck of a deal.

Car wil have near 450 hp and also could have a more high-performance option that will make around 500hp

4 pictures and video in the gallery

Old 04-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trev0006
I believe no AWD will be offered like the E63 models but the new C63 sure sounds and looks very fast.
LMFAO
So, what makes you so sure?
If AMG has any sense, AWD will be on the option list.
If not, many others like me will buy a better car instead.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TT C6
LMFAO
So, what makes you so sure?
If AMG has any sense, AWD will be on the option list.
If not, many others like me will buy a better car instead.

I had seen a few articles that said no AWD to keep weight close to the M3.

Last edited by trev0006; 04-25-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
991 C2S, AP2 S2000, E400 Coupe
Originally Posted by trev0006
I had seen a few articles that said no AWD to keep weight close to the M3.
Yes, the head of AMG went on record with Chris Harris and confirmed that there were no plans to build an AWD version of the C63 at this time.

Also, don't mind TT C6. If anyone even suggests that the W205 C63 isn't coming with AWD and DCT he throws a tantrum and derails the thread.

That said, the mules look good. I've accepted that no forced induction engine is going to sound like the old 6.2 beast. I'm growing to like the sound of this new 4.0 and I'm willing to give it a chance. I think it sounds a lot better than the 3.0 in the new M3/M4.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:22 AM

c63 amg
the car looks extremely stable powering out of the corners with no slipping of the rear.

Maybe we are looking at an AWD version in the video.

Oh , and it needs a resonator delete (300$) at a muffler shop.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arcoril
Yes, the head of AMG went on record with Chris Harris and confirmed that there were no plans to build an AWD version of the C63 at this time..
Yup. But, he also didn't say there wouldn't be a C63 S with AWD.

In addition, head of powertrain has already been quoted saying that his PERSONAL daily driver is a W205 C63 with AWD that he's been driving for mionths.

Only an idiot would believe that MB would spend all the time and money to build a AWD C63 and not intent to mass produce it.
Also, only a coward talks crap about someone publicly while hiding behind his little computer screen.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Only an idiot would believe that MB would spend all the time and money to build a AWD C63 and not intent to mass produce it.

Also, only a coward talks crap about someone publicly while hiding behind his little computer screen.
You mean like this? ^^
Old 04-26-2014, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by zibby43
You mean like this? ^^
The best part is that he's super predictable with the way he reacts and he never sees the complete irony in his posts.

Unfortuantely, when he enters the thread the discussion usually goes completely downhill. Things would go much better if everyone just ignored the flamebait.

Anyway, I still think that this new engine's note sits at the top of its class in this new world of forced induction and lower displacement. Real-world sound clips of its closest competitor just don't sound that great to me:

Old 04-26-2014, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
The best part is that he's super predictable with the way he reacts and he never sees the complete irony in his posts.

Unfortuantely, when he enters the thread the discussion usually goes completely downhill. Things would go much better if everyone just ignored the flamebait.

Anyway, I still think that this new engine's note sits at the top of its class in this new world of forced induction and lower displacement. Real-world sound clips of its closest competitor just don't sound that great to me:

First delivered F80 M3 - tunnel video - YouTube
I've said this a couple times, but why did BMW make it sound like a tractor or a broken diesel? Every time I hear it, I think someone's mowing their lawn. It sounds like a John Deer. I'm hearing people say that BMW is still fine-tuning the exhaust note. How is that possible when deliveries have started?
Old 04-26-2014, 09:49 PM
Banned

I like the sound, but a little raspy at mid rpm.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E89 Z4
Turbo?
Old 04-27-2014, 09:25 AM

C63 AMG sedan
Just as the sound of F1 has changed so has/will the sound of our road cars due to turbos,etc.Yes we will miss the fabulous sound of the M156 but time moves on.We cannot deny the success of the F1 Team so far[Mercedes] and I am sure the new C63 will be improved over the old and well worth the wait.As per my previous post on another thread I have stated my reasons why a 4Matic version will be available.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:28 PM
Banned

That BMW sounds as weak as your posts. They both make me laugh.
BMW is a joke, and has been for a long time.

The E63 and new C63 are going to dominate the luxury performance market now that they both will have AWD and forced induction v-EIGHTS.
All they both need now are proper DCT transmissions.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:46 PM

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (Former 4x AMG owner)
That BMW sounds as weak as your posts. They both make me laugh.
BMW is a joke, and has been for a long time.

The E63 and new C63 are going to dominate the luxury performance market now that they both will have AWD and forced induction v-EIGHTS.
All they both need now are proper DCT transmissions.
I have owned three successive AMG 63s and I can honestly say that BMW is not a joke. Yes the last M3 had too little torque down low but it was a hell of a great all around car. The new one with gobs of new low RPM torque is going to the real deal. I also suspect the exhaust sound will sound much better in person than in YouTube videos. Personally, I'm only a few days away from placing my M3 order based on looks and the almost guaranteed top of class handling prowess. Adding in more torque and the high potential for tune-ability, it could be a real monster.

Lastly, though I love the side of the W205, I think the rear end view is a little Chick-looking compared to the W204. Kind of reminds me of that crappy looking now defunct S-type Jaguar.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by mcorliss
I have owned three successive AMG 63s and I can honestly say that BMW is not a joke. Yes the last M3 had too little torque down low but it was a hell of a great all around car. The new one with gobs of new low RPM torque is going to the real deal. I also suspect the exhaust sound will sound much better in person than in YouTube videos. Personally, I'm only a few days away from placing my M3 order based on looks and the almost guaranteed top of class handling prowess. Adding in more torque and the high potential for tune-ability, it could be a real monster.

Lastly, though I love the side of the W205, I think the rear end view is a little Chick-looking compared to the W204. Kind of reminds me of that crappy looking now defunct S-type Jaguar.
Lets not count our chickens before they hatch.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by mcorliss

Engine note aside, the F80 M3 is sure to be an amazing car. I'd like to stay with the Mercedes family so I'm waiting for the C63 to to officially debut. I'm not unconditionally loyal to either side, though. My money goes to the company that puts together the better car.

As far as engine tuning goes, the C63 is likely to be a tuning beast. When it comes to BMW, their latest ECUs have been locked down tighter than Fort Knox. It's been 3 years since the F10 M5 came out and no one has been able to crack the ECU for a tune. Even the top speed limiter can't be defeated. I'm hoping that the F80/F82 will be different, but it's not looking promising.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
What BMW lacks in tuning these days, it makes up for coding. You can code so many things into that car for personalization...
Old 04-28-2014, 12:55 PM

2013 C250 , 2012 SLK350 , 2014 GL450 Designo currently owned
Originally Posted by c63canada
the car looks extremely stable powering out of the corners with no slipping of the rear.

Maybe we are looking at an AWD version in the video.

Oh , and it needs a resonator delete (300$) at a muffler shop.
300? Lol , in southern Cali it's 60 bucks at every shop, unless they slam dunk you, but yes, if it's not loud enough, a quick resonator delete will make it sound, in my opinion similar to a F type jag.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
The E63 sound really good, The CLA 45 isn't bad either. You guys need to have a little more faith.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:31 PM

2019 C63S
^^ Agreed!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:49 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
Engine note aside, the F80 M3 is sure to be an amazing car. I'd like to stay with the Mercedes family so I'm waiting for the C63 to to officially debut. I'm not unconditionally loyal to either side, though. My money goes to the company that puts together the better car.

As far as engine tuning goes, the C63 is likely to be a tuning beast. When it comes to BMW, their latest ECUs have been locked down tighter than Fort Knox. It's been 3 years since the F10 M5 came out and no one has been able to crack the ECU for a tune. Even the top speed limiter can't be defeated. I'm hoping that the F80/F82 will be different, but it's not looking promising.
That is true, but JB4 does wonders with that car.
There is a few here in South Africa with JB4, and they are absolute monsters
Old 04-30-2014, 11:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'10 F150 FX4 SCrew. '14 S212S
My bet is that the M3/M4 will use the same ECU the current cracked 335 uses. Same engine, different tune. Low development costs.

The reason CLA45 tunes came out so fast is because it uses the same ECU as the B200T from 5-6 years ago. It has long been cracked.

Took people 4-years to crack the M156 ECU. I hope people are working on an M157 crack, but I am not hopeful as the engine is going away in favor of the new 4.0 V8 TT.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by benyl
My bet is that the M3/M4 will use the same ECU the current cracked 335 uses. Same engine, different tune. Low development costs.

The reason CLA45 tunes came out so fast is because it uses the same ECU as the B200T from 5-6 years ago. It has long been cracked.

Took people 4-years to crack the M156 ECU. I hope people are working on an M157 crack, but I am not hopeful as the engine is going away in favor of the new 4.0 V8 TT.
The new Bosch ECU in the M5 still hasn't been cracked, as far as I know! Hopefully the C63 is a easier to tune! I will never use a piggyback!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Im sorry but that M3 has wicked flatulence.

What the **** is going on over there? Are they all deaf?

They're putting out farting cars that play synthetic motor sounds through the stereo.
Seriously. They may handle like crazy and they may go like stink but they cant outrun their sound - the good stuff is fake and the real stuff is so bad that you hope the fake stuff drowns it out. They keep up this kind of work and BMW will sell a lot of Mercedes.

Im starting to think the M stands for "Mashugana".

Last edited by 604 C63; 05-02-2014 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Banned

The S1000RR is the ONLY thing from BMW worth buying in a LONG time....... and it's a motorcycle.
If the C63 gets a TT V8, AWD, and a DCT, it will be the ultimate DAILY driving machine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 Mercedes C63 AMG Bi-Turbo V8 Testing Spy Video