My New C250 Coupe and European Delivery (Full Pics on Page 3)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Here are some more pics from my DSLR

Here are some more pics.

Here was my route:

Inside the Welcome Center in Sindelfingen:

Having lunch at the Welcome Center, the Mercedes-Benz of desserts, lol:

Car at delivery:

Interior shot of the car at delivery:

Outside the Kudencenter:

At the parking lot of the MB Museum:

Pics from the MB Museum:

Last edited by nlpamg; 10-07-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

Driving through the Black Forest:

Hinterzarten:

Treiburg Falls:

Rhine Falls in Schaffhausen, Switzerland:

Front of the car after 300km and 140mph runs:

Zurich, Switzerland:

Lindau, Germany:

Tyrol, Austria:

Last edited by nlpamg; 10-05-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

More from Austria:

Swarovski Kristalwallen in Watten, Austria (I was driving through, so might as well stop by, lol):

Salzburg, Austria:

I'll post more later

Last edited by nlpamg; 10-05-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

The next place is one place that I only thought existed in video games--Hangar-7 (Red Bull):

Last edited by nlpamg; 10-07-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Since I was going to be in Munich, I decided to e-mail some buddies at BMW M to see if I could visit.

They gave me such a great welcome at BMW, took me to lunch at the real M cafe (which was actually for employees), showed me around the M studio AND the private lot where the prototypes were just swarming (including the M6 prototype).

I obviously couldn't take pics of a lot of things, but I was able to get tons of pics at BMW M and BMW Classic. BMW Classic is not open to the public, so being able to go there and see my favorite car of all time, the McLaren F1, in the FINA racing version was a dream.

Well, here are the pics:

M Studio:

BMW Classic:

Munich:

Parked in front of the hotel:

Last edited by nlpamg; 10-07-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some videos.

Driving through the Black Forest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00vJg5XTvZ4

Driving up to the Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2DvPcOtChs

Driving down from the Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol in the Snow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m44KAaa8XwE

The racing section of BMW Classic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nqe4pqpj5g

Last edited by nlpamg; 10-07-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL203
wow (again)... thanks for sharing the pics! i hope the new C treats you well... i'm definitely taking one for a test drive when i get the chance...

what camera btw?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:09 AM

nothing
hey now you already have the 250 for a while. How good is it on gas with a full tank what do you get ?

Not sure if i go with 350 or 250 but I prefer 250 as it`s cheaper on gas...
Old 10-05-2011, 12:46 PM

MB
beautiful photos, the car looks great. what colour is this? Calcite white or diamond white metallic?
Old 10-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Midnight Koop
wow (again)... thanks for sharing the pics! i hope the new C treats you well... i'm definitely taking one for a test drive when i get the chance...

what camera btw?
Thanks!

I'm dying for a new camera, lol. I'm still using my old Canon Rebel XSi with a Tamron SP 17-50mm F/2.8 VC lens for most pics and for the wide pics a Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens.

Originally Posted by georgec250
hey now you already have the 250 for a while. How good is it on gas with a full tank what do you get ?

Not sure if i go with 350 or 250 but I prefer 250 as it`s cheaper on gas...
The gas mileage is pretty good. I didn't really keep track of what the specifics were on a full tank. But it was definitely well over 24-25 mpg and I wasn't driving slowly.

Originally Posted by SLK_CA
beautiful photos, the car looks great. what colour is this? Calcite white or diamond white metallic?
Thanks!

It's arctic white.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by nlpamg
How did that Speck pic make it into a car forum? I remember something about this.

Backing up to be legal?

]
No stopping/parking zone- typical.

Taking pot shots.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
^ Outstanding pictures as always, nlpamg.

Hard to imagine a more appropriate and rewarding run-in regimen than that in its native environs.
Enjoying European delivery is another on the list of things to accomplish before my work is done.

Don’t often see a resplendent foyer like that while heading to the car park.
Are those ‘Lexus’ license plate bulbs? :D
Old 10-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Moar pics are up! The videos as well.

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
How did that Speck pic make it into a car forum? I remember something about this.

Backing up to be legal?

No stopping/parking zone- typical.

Taking pot shots.
haha, hey, speck is damn good!

it's private property, so I don't need to be legal

man, Salzburg SUCKED for parking. I paid 90 euros to park there. that was the hotel's valet area, lol.

Originally Posted by splinter
^ Outstanding pictures as always, nlpamg.

Hard to imagine a more appropriate and rewarding run-in regimen than that in its native environs.
Enjoying European delivery is another on the list of things to accomplish before my work is done.

Don’t often see a resplendent foyer like that while heading to the car park.
Are those ‘Lexus’ license plate bulbs?
Thank you, splinter!

It is definitely a great experience.

Those definitely are! The best part is that they're stock! MB FINALLY got with the program and put on LEDs. Now I don't have to mess with that
Old 10-07-2011, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
Nice pics! What hotel has a valet stand like that?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
Nice automobile! Congrats. I especially like the background imprinted on the invoice. Nice touch by Mercedes Benz.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:12 PM

C320 CDI 4Matic
Those are some fantastic shots of a marvelous car! It really looks stunning. Thank you for uploading them, I live in Freiburg, so I know a lot of the places you have visited and your photos make me want to go see those that I haven't been to, yet.
I'm on the road in your Black Forest video quite frequently. Your lane discipline is not quite up to German standards though, way too much left lane hogging ;-).

Enjoy the ride, wonderful car!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:38 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Im sure that's an awesome experience.. My uncle took euro delivery twice and it's definitely on my bucket list! Great pic's! Congrats on the car!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by alewifebp
Nice pics! What hotel has a valet stand like that?
Thanks! The hotel was awesome. It's the Interalpen Hotel-Tyrol. Probably one of, if not the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

Originally Posted by sinape62
Nice automobile! Congrats. I especially like the background imprinted on the invoice. Nice touch by Mercedes Benz.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by backdoc7
Im sure that's an awesome experience.. My uncle took euro delivery twice and it's definitely on my bucket list! Great pic's! Congrats on the car!
Nice, thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hannes
Those are some fantastic shots of a marvelous car! It really looks stunning. Thank you for uploading them, I live in Freiburg, so I know a lot of the places you have visited and your photos make me want to go see those that I haven't been to, yet.
I'm on the road in your Black Forest video quite frequently. Your lane discipline is not quite up to German standards though, way too much left lane hogging ;-).

Enjoy the ride, wonderful car!
Thank you!

Haha, I drove through Freiburg on my way from Strasbourg to Hinterzarten. I exited and wanted to go down and take a look, but I just got so lost and ended up on a cobblestone road (the navigation took me through it, lol) that I'm sure was only for pedestrians. Everyone was staring at me like I shouldn't have been driving there.

It was my second day driving in Germany and I think I had been caught by a speed cam in Stuttgart, so I definitely didn't know what to do! Now I know for next time!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:17 PM

C320 CDI 4Matic
Haha, yeah, Freiburg isn't exactly car friendly. The city center is car-free, in many places you can't make the turns that you'd want, there are plenty of speed and red-light cameras, and on some major roads you are not allowed to go faster than 30 kph between 10 pm and 6 am. As a European, I like cities that aren't built just for cars, so I don't mind it at all, but Freiburg is really confusing when you are new to the city – once you know your way around it's not so bad. You are allowed to drive where that picture was taken, you just can't go past that tunnel in the tower.

The sloping roofline of the coupé is quite stunning to behold.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Haha, yeah, Freiburg isn't exactly car friendly. The city center is car-free, in many places you can't make the turns that you'd want, there are plenty of speed and red-light cameras, and on some major roads you are not allowed to go faster than 30 kph between 10 pm and 6 am. As a European, I like cities that aren't built just for cars, so I don't mind it at all, but Freiburg is really confusing when you are new to the city – once you know your way around it's not so bad. You are allowed to drive where that picture was taken, you just can't go past that tunnel in the tower.

The sloping roofline of the coupé is quite stunning to behold.
haha, but I DID go through and past that tunnel I'm glad I was able to get out in one piece!

wow, I didn't know any of this. I tried to keep it slow, but I really didn't have any references aside from "oh, just drive normally," lol. good to know for next time.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:35 PM

C320 CDI 4Matic
Ha, good that you didn't end up in a Bächle. A unique Freiburger feature of water running alongside streets in the (mostly pedestrian only) city center. A few weeks back the pope was visiting Freiburg, including a meeting with former chancellor Helmut Kohl. Kohl's wife was driving the couple's Mercedes GL and ended up having to have it lifted out of the Bächle.

Driving in another country is always challenging, particularly when it comes to the details. This site has a good overview on the rules and regulations (and you know how we Germans love our rules and regulations ) of driving in Germany and shows you some of the symbol-based traffic signs that aren't used in the US. You didn't scratch your C or had it towed, so all is good in the end.

BTW, my two cents regarding the add-on spoiler are: leave it off, it looks nice and clean the way it is. How long before you get the car back in the US?
Attached Thumbnails My New C250 Coupe and European Delivery (Full Pics on Page 3)-topelement.jpg  
Old 10-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Your lane discipline is not quite up to German standards though, way too much left lane hogging ;-).
Bin froh das Du es gesagt hast und nicht Ich.

It was my second day driving in Germany and I think I had been caught by a speed cam in Stuttgart, so I definitely didn't know what to do! Now I know for next time!
Yeah, lay of the breakfast buffet. It (the Speck in particular) clouded your mind.

wow, I didn't know any of this. I tried to keep it slow, but I really didn't have any references aside from "oh, just drive normally," lol. good to know for next time.
You didn't get any of that from talking to me.

Last edited by amdeutsch; 10-10-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Ha, good that you didn't end up in a Bächle. A unique Freiburger feature of water running alongside streets in the (mostly pedestrian only) city center. A few weeks back the pope was visiting Freiburg, including a meeting with former chancellor Helmut Kohl. Kohl's wife was driving the couple's Mercedes GL and ended up having to have it lifted out of the Bächle.

Driving in another country is always challenging, particularly when it comes to the details. This site has a good overview on the rules and regulations (and you know how we Germans love our rules and regulations ) of driving in Germany and shows you some of the symbol-based traffic signs that aren't used in the US. You didn't scratch your C or had it towed, so all is good in the end.

BTW, my two cents regarding the add-on spoiler are: leave it off, it looks nice and clean the way it is. How long before you get the car back in the US?
Haha, I did see those and I was very cautious to make sure I would not end up in one of those. That GL is exactly what I did not want to be.

I did see that website and reviewed it. But there were definitely some places where I was completely clueless.

I think I'm going to agree with you on the spoiler.

The car should be here in about 6 - 7 weeks.

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Bin froh das Du es gesagt hast und nicht Ich.

Yeah, lay of the breakfast buffet. It (the Speck in particular) clouded your mind.

You didn't get any of that from talking to me.

You mean this stuff:

It didn't really help that the meals all looked like this either:

And this, this was genius:

P.S. Andy, I saw your edit! Google Translate FTW!

Last edited by nlpamg; 10-10-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Holy crap, dawgy, those are awesome! Even though it's less likely that I'm getting the car now (well at least not in the recent future), these pics still keep me wanting it. Maybe I will special order...LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New C250 Coupe and European Delivery (Full Pics on Page 3)