USB Stick Size Limit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C350 Coupe
Hey there.

I just got the same car here in Germany. I have the same problem with my 64gb USBstick but I have a workaround for you. You have to partition your USB-Stick to hold 2 or 3 FAT32-Partitions. If you don't know how that works ask your local nerd about it, or google, for it's a bit tricky under windows (you have to install a different driver for your usb stick, because NT/2000 based systems can't partition removeable media -> google:removeabletofixed). Then you can evenly spread your files across the partitions on your USBstick. Mercedes-Command let's you chose a partition to play from the MP3-submenu. This is, in my opinion, better than having multiple usb sticks, because the usb port is quite hard to reach during driving.

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope this helps. Greets from Germany
Old 05-03-2012, 08:20 AM

C350 Coupe
Hi waleran29

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely give this a go.
I run my own IT business here in Sydney so shouldn't be an issue.
Cheers!!
Old 12-06-2016, 12:19 PM

2013 E220 CDI Estate
Just thought I'd weigh in as I've been having similar problems and found a solution recently (at least for my E-Class with NTG4.7).

There is a limit of 8 levels of hierachy, no more than 255 items in each (items are folders or files).

What I have done is divide my music up into folders with no more than 250 files in each.

I have approx. 5700 tracks, COMAND was only reading around 4700 previously but since I've split them into these folders it reads the whole lot. I've attached an image of how the root of my USB stick is now structured.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails USB Stick Size Limit-music.png