factory warranty question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C63s AMG and 2018 C43 AMG coupe
factory warranty question

Does any one know if condensation in the headlight housing is covered under factory warranty? I just picked up my car like 4 days ago, found a scratch on the windshield and the dealer say it's not covered, and now i found condensation in the headlight i am hoping it is covered. Thanks
Old 12-22-2011, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
The scratch and the headlight should be covered... in most states, if you dislike a car, you can return it within 3 days, no questions asked. Call MB Customer Care and complain about the dealership... that they handed you a car with a damaged windshield, that you complained within the 3 day period, and they blew you off... that you are NOT HAPPY!

Also condensation in the headlight is normal on all Benz's. The issue has been widely discussed for years on other forums... Our Benz's have it as well... it should dissipate as you drive. So if you see it when you first start up your car, but it's gone by the time you get to your destination... that's normal... if the condensation is still there, it falls under the warranty.

Good luck!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C63s AMG and 2018 C43 AMG coupe
I actually did contact Mercedes Benz customer service, and they told me it's really up to the dealer, to decide to cover the windshield or not.

since it's under warranty i'll drive it for few more days to see if that problem goes away if it doesn't i'll have it replaced.