Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Coupes & Cabriolets > C-Class Coupe (C204)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #1

Drives: 2012 Mercedes c250
coffee cup?

i know that the coffee cup is there to show awareness of your drowsiness (ive been told?).. so has anyone tried to get rid of it without going through the cars menu to disable it.
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Hzkasbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #2

Drives: 2012 C350 Coupe
no way to remove it without going into the menu and disable it.

Mine - 2012 C350 Coupe Arctic White/Red
Dads - 2012 CLS550 Iridium Silver/Black
Moms - 2012 ML350 Lunar Blue/Cashmere
johnny--2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #3

lol so whats the whole point of having it?? someone might trying to get rid of it, so they overdose on Redbull lol.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #4

Drives: C
what is it for exactly? I noticed it is always there too...

how do you disable? I've been through the menu and didn't see anything
GuOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #5

Drives: '12 C204 C250, '05 SLK350 (sold)
Send a message via AIM to slktyperice
What exactly does it do? I know it's for Attention Assist when people are drifting off to sleep (or extremely drunk)...
slktyperice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #6

im not sure how it will know when your tired? but it just warns you that you need to wake up. but ive been on that five hour energy and coffee (bad mix) and it was still telling me to wake up. as if it wants me to drive it with more aggression lol.

and to turn it off i know you would need to go to the IC and flip right or left to the settings and it should be in one of the tabs i think the assistance tab?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2012 C250 Coupe
jctevere
Red face

This is the icon for attention assist (or something similar to that name). It doesn't know when you are drifting in and out of lanes, unless you have that specific package. But the car comes standard with a few safety monitoring functions.

This safety system monitors acceleration pedal usage, audio, climate, and other feature usage within the vehicle, along with steering wheel inputs and brake pedal usage. According to algorithims, it will believe that you are drowsy or unable to safely operate a vehicle depending on your certain driving habits, telling you to take a rest or stop driving.

The only way to get rid of the icon is to turn it off from the instrument cluster settings. And if you are driving on 5 hour energy or coffee and it is throwing the alert, maybe you should consider taking a rest or not using it, as it is affecting your driving...

Lol!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #8

lol i wasnt tired or it didnt effect my driving i was saying it just to be funny lol, like there is no way to get the coffee out without manually doing it.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #9

Drives: 2009 C300, 2012 GLK350, 2012 C350C
I've been trying to trigger the alert but can't seem to. i do not have lane tracking package
hellasmania219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #10

Drives: C250 Coupe
It tells you that the attention assist is on and is monitoring your actions, that is all, if the system detects your drowsy it will give an audible chime and text alert in the display saying "Attention,.. drowsiness detected"
albertz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellasmania219 View Post
I've been trying to trigger the alert but can't seem to. i do not have lane tracking package
lane tracking package is a seperate package, i believe the attention assist looks at your driving style and alerts you when your driving inputs change ( i.e. steering input, braking, acceleration ) and is more active above certain speeds ( when it thinks your on a motorway for example )
Old 02-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctevere View Post
This is the icon for attention assist (or something similar to that name). It doesn't know when you are drifting in and out of lanes, unless you have that specific package. But the car comes standard with a few safety monitoring functions.

This safety system monitors acceleration pedal usage, audio, climate, and other feature usage within the vehicle, along with steering wheel inputs and brake pedal usage. According to algorithims, it will believe that you are drowsy or unable to safely operate a vehicle depending on your certain driving habits, telling you to take a rest or stop driving.

The only way to get rid of the icon is to turn it off from the instrument cluster settings. And if you are driving on 5 hour energy or coffee and it is throwing the alert, maybe you should consider taking a rest or not using it, as it is affecting your driving...

Lol!
oops, exactly what he said!!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2012 C250 Coupe
jctevere
See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8mhsoQA2ps

For a good video explaining how it works... Pretty cool!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 PM

Tags
2012, c250, class, coffee, cup, dash, dashboard, display, icon, lane, mercedes, ml350, package, showing, symbol, tracking