2012 250 Coupe with HID and LED parking light

Old 01-24-2013, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C204 C250, E30 325is, E53 X5, Discovery Series II W204 250 W203 280
2012 250 Coupe with HID and LED parking light

I have 55W 5000k HID installed and 24 SMD LED parking light. I also changed high beam to 55W 5000k halogen bulb which has blue coating on the bulb so it looks a little bit blue. But actually my lights are close to OEM white. Also I adjusted my left head light lower so it won't blind incoming car(they usually aim higher since halogen are way dimmer than HID) so make sure you adjust it before you get on the road.

Here is the HINT for HID install... 90 degree screw drivers and a person with small hand. New H7 holder on C250 are adjustable. the base of HID bulbs are way thicker than H7 halogen. you have to adjust holder so it can fit HID H7 bulb into it. no adapter needed.

I will upload more pictures after I get home today.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 250 Coupe with HID and LED parking light-photo-4-800x600-.jpg  
Old 01-24-2013, 05:02 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Good result

And I like the way you've thought about and put some effort into reducing dazzling or blinding to other road users with this kind of modification - well done
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 PM

2012 C250
Can you fill me in on how to adjust the height of the headlights. I just bought a C250 and they're too low. Only good for seeing about 100 feet in front of the car. I'd like to make it more like 150. Any info would help.

Also, to be clear are you running factory headlights or are those the HID? They look like the Bi-xenons in the picture. I wanted that option on the car, but unfortunately the one I wanted didn't come with them so if you have suggests for brighter, slightly bluer lights I can buy, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Slammed02chevy
Can you fill me in on how to adjust the height of the headlights. I just bought a C250 and they're too low. Only good for seeing about 100 feet in front of the car. I'd like to make it more like 150. Any info would help.

Also, to be clear are you running factory headlights or are those the HID? They look like the Bi-xenons in the picture. I wanted that option on the car, but unfortunately the one I wanted didn't come with them so if you have suggests for brighter, slightly bluer lights I can buy, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
HID install on C250 is simple and easy... depends on you I personally bought H7 5000K 55W HID kit plus error eliminator, it is simply plug and play and have no problem at all. OEM xenon is usually at 4300K but I went 5000K because it is a little bit whiter but not blue. I also strongly disagree to go over 6000K since you can't see a s**t in the rain.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 250 Coupe with HID and LED parking light-headlamp-adjuster.jpg  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 PM

I just took some additional photos... I hope those helps... If anyone is interested in installing HIDs... make sure take off H7 base adapter from factory H7 halogen bulbs. You can simply it it off with a flat head screw driver, without those you are not able to hold HID bulbs on your lamp.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 250 Coupe with HID and LED parking light-photo1-6-.jpg   2012 250 Coupe with HID and LED parking light-photo1-8-.jpg   2012 250 Coupe with HID and LED parking light-photo1-5-.jpg  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by AV1
Good result

And I like the way you've thought about and put some effort into reducing dazzling or blinding to other road users with this kind of modification - well done
I have been blinded by some HID that aimed too high before, that's why I do worry about other drivers... But even in my BMW with OEM xenon I still get high beam anyway... Audi and Acura's factory xenon are blinding people too if you pay attention on the road next time... so... why bother...
Old 01-24-2013, 09:06 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by AV1
Good result

Exactly what I did, I aimed my headlights to lowest level. I have 4500k kit which looks just like the OEM HID's + Azn optics LEDs.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:54 PM

2012 C250
Originally Posted by stalklee
HID install on C250 is simple and easy... depends on you I personally bought H7 5000K 55W HID kit plus error eliminator, it is simply plug and play and have no problem at all. OEM xenon is usually at 4300K but I went 5000K because it is a little bit whiter but not blue. I also strongly disagree to go over 6000K since you can't see a s**t in the rain.

So where did you pick them up at? The HID's I mean? I suppose it's as simple as pulling out the old and popping in the new or does it require a new headlight assembly or??? Sorry if I'm asking really basic questions here, this is my first Mercedes and I haven't had much time to go digging into things yet.

Also, does anyone know about the issue I'm having viewing the pictures you guys are posting? When I click on the picture attachment, it brings up the dark shading on the window like it's about to show the picture, but then nothing ever comes up. I want to check out some of those helpful photos you guys posted.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:58 PM

So where did you pick them up at? The HID's I mean? I suppose it's as simple as pulling out the old and popping in the new or does it require a new headlight assembly or??? Sorry if I'm asking really basic questions here, this is my first Mercedes and I haven't had much time to go digging into things yet.

Also, does anyone know about the issue I'm having viewing the pictures you guys are posting? When I click on the picture attachment, it brings up the dark shading on the window like it's about to show the picture, but then nothing ever comes up. I want to check out some of those helpful photos you guys posted.

right click and "open in the new window" should show the picture.

HID... a lot of people say DDM which I USED to use a lot. But their customer services is like s**t lifetime warranty is basically a scam since you have to ship it back plus $12 dollars shipping back if they said your ballast or bulbs are fine(I claimed warranty twice and they would just answer "After our test, your bulb/ballast function normally") in the end I went for Philip OEM D2S because I had same problem for three times! D2S, H13,H7!

Nowadays HID are cheap like dirt... I would suggest you to get on Ebay, and find a BEST SELLER!! They usually are afraid of Negative comment so they usually take responsibility for return shipping and bad ballasts. 35w 55w depends on you, I tried both and they are all okay.

Last edited by stalklee; 01-25-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM

2012 C250
Ok so after poking around a bit I've come to a conclusion about the output I want for the headlights. I think 5,000 sounds good because I really like the look of the real bright white/almost slightly blue-ish color, yet I don't want it to look completely blue or effect driving visibilty. Those reasons are why I think going with 5,000k are best.

The part I'm not certain about still is whether I should get the 35 Watt or 55 Watt. I read an post from a guy trying to explain the difference in wattage between the 35 Watt and 55 Watt.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4152809AAgub8J
From the article I would say 35 Watt sounds like a better purchase. Does anyone have a picture of headlights using 35 Watt and 55 Watt in a side by side comparison that might help my decision?

I found this website with headlight offerings that seem good. I suppose you guys can verify for me that these are the ones I need for my 2012 C250 right? http://www.krautoparts.com/#!h7-hid-kits/crch

Lastly, do I need to replace the housing for my headlights? According to the Krautoparts website, they suggest having the proper Projector Lens housing as regular reflective surface headlights can cause glare and potentially be blinding to other drivers... read "Can my car run HID kit?" at the bottom of the page here: http://www.krautoparts.com/#!frequen...questions/cfvg

Thanks for the input/suggestions.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Ok so after poking around a bit I've come to a conclusion about the output I want for the headlights. I think 5,000 sounds good because I really like the look of the real bright white/almost slightly blue-ish color, yet I don't want it to look completely blue or effect driving visibilty. Those reasons are why I think going with 5,000k are best.

The part I'm not certain about still is whether I should get the 35 Watt or 55 Watt. I read an post from a guy trying to explain the difference in wattage between the 35 Watt and 55 Watt.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4152809AAgub8J
From the article I would say 35 Watt sounds like a better purchase. Does anyone have a picture of headlights using 35 Watt and 55 Watt in a side by side comparison that might help my decision?

I found this website with headlight offerings that seem good. I suppose you guys can verify for me that these are the ones I need for my 2012 C250 right? http://www.krautoparts.com/#!h7-hid-kits/crch

Lastly, do I need to replace the housing for my headlights? According to the Krautoparts website, they suggest having the proper Projector Lens housing as regular reflective surface headlights can cause glare and potentially be blinding to other drivers... read "Can my car run HID kit?" at the bottom of the page here: http://www.krautoparts.com/#!frequen...questions/cfvg

Thanks for the input/suggestions.
I take it you haven't been to www.aznoptics.com ? You should go there because they have a good price on HID's and matching LEDs for the parking/city lights. Get a 5000k HID kit and 5000K LED bulbs for parking lights and you are good to go. White with hint of blue and matches OEM.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:27 PM

2012 C250
Originally Posted by DameMD
I take it you haven't been to www.aznoptics.com ? You should go there because they have a good price on HID's and matching LEDs for the parking/city lights. Get a 5000k HID kit and 5000K LED bulbs for parking lights and you are good to go. White with hint of blue and matches OEM.
No i hadn't looked there yet. Which kit is the right one there? Did you notice there is also a note on their page though about not being able to fulfill demand for the HID kits due to increased regulations by customs and DOT? Even if I order it, it appears I could be waiting for a long time. What's the deal with the fog light replacements anyway? I got the 2012 model that has the LED running lamps anyway. Why do I want these aftermarket ones? Are they actually functioning foglights versus just running lamps?
Old 05-13-2015, 08:23 PM

2013 c250 sports coupe
Hi,
Can you tell me how you were able to change the front 194 parking light? Knowing it's inside the cap, it's a very tight spot. Also, is it a twist off or does it just pull out?

Thx.

Last edited by Bigtime!; 05-13-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:53 PM

Mercedes C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by stalklee
I have 55W 5000k HID installed and 24 SMD LED parking light. I also changed high beam to 55W 5000k halogen bulb which has blue coating on the bulb so it looks a little bit blue. But actually my lights are close to OEM white. Also I adjusted my left head light lower so it won't blind incoming car(they usually aim higher since halogen are way dimmer than HID) so make sure you adjust it before you get on the road.

Here is the HINT for HID install... 90 degree screw drivers and a person with small hand. New H7 holder on C250 are adjustable. the base of HID bulbs are way thicker than H7 halogen. you have to adjust holder so it can fit HID H7 bulb into it. no adapter needed.

I will upload more pictures after I get home today.
any specific brand name of the (24 SMD LED) Parking Light you use?