Questions from a Noobie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c300
Questions from a Noobie

Hi all

Just bought a 2008 C300 Sport (black inside and out). Wonderful car - always wanted one and finally found a good one at a decent price. I need a little help learning about how to use the car's features.

1) The car doesn't have navigation. COMAND only runs the radio and the phone interface. Are there updates available for the system that I ought to get?

2) I can't figure out how to create an address book. I have my iPhone 5 connected via Bluetooth to the car. That works well. But to make a call I have to actually dial a number or choose an already entered number. I can't figure out how to attach names to those numbers.

3) I found the Aux port in the glove box. Is that all most people use for playing music/pandora off their phone, or do I "need" a iPhone kit for the car?

4) I need a booster seat for my 8 year old daughter. Nothing fits. My wife is a certified car seat tech (one of those people who have the training and certification to do official car seat checks) and between us we can't find a booster seat that fits in the back of the car. Our daughter isn't big enough to ride in the back of the car without a booster seat (the seats are too deep). But the space for the base of a booster seat is too narrow for us to find a booster that is narrow enough to allow access to the seatbelt receptacle. Has anyone found a booster seat that will work in this car?

5) The middle lower grill on the front of the car has a small chunk knocked out of it. Looks like I can buy the replacement part for less than $100. But it'll just put another plastic grill in place, which seems to beg another chunk getting knocked out of it. Has anyone replaced these lower grills with something more sturdy/better looking?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Mark

Last edited by Malargent; 09-14-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 Coupe
Welcome and congrats on the new ride.

I can't help you with your particular questions, but you might have some better luck posting in the sedan section that covers the 08' model.