2012 C250 Transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 Mercedes
Angry 2012 C250 Transmission

Hey everyone
Although I love my 2012 C250 coupe, it has been a pain in the ***! I have recently spent $3K on replacing "cam shaft adjusters" (just out of warranty) - my sunroof stopped operating this fall & now I have a howling sound coming from the car. I thought it was a wheel bearing, but my mechanic thinks it's tranny related.
This car is less than 3 years old! Granted I have high mileage 160K kms - (all paved highway) I have treated this car like my first born! This is my first Benz, & unless I win the lottery & have ridiculous money to burn - this will be my last.
Have I been cursed with a lemon, or am I just ahead of the curve because of the high mileage?
Has anyone heard of any recalls on this model (engine/trans/etc)?
goin broke :-(
Old 11-28-2014, 08:09 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
.....same 2012 C250 1.8 liter coupe here.........at 25,000 miles.

I recently called the dealer and they checked for recalls. There were none for my car.

I believe this is done by VIN number. You should consider calling your local MB dealer too.

Great car
so far........

ez
Old 12-19-2014, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 Mercedes
Tranny Noise Update

Thanks for the response to my post guys
Just a quick update on the of noise from my car (thought to be from the tranny or drive train). Weird thing - drove up to see my parent a 2 weeks ago (car making noise entire 100Km trip). After leaving my car parked on a slight uphill grade (nose up) for about 30 minutes, the noise stopped! I did have an appt with MB dealer to investigate the problem that next week. Service manager & I went for a spirited 15 minute ride to try & recreate the problem - nothing. All the manager could do was give his direct line & ask me to come back immediately to him if it comes back. Again, this was 2 weeks ago & noise has not returned. Oh well, just like your kids&wife - they can make ya mad; but you`still love em.
Merry Christmas!