steering to the left

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 Cdi Coupe
steering to the left

Hi my coupe seems to be steering(slightly) to the left while driving, when I mentioned this to the salesman he told me most new cars will do this as to avoid running into on coming traffic if you fall asleep etc, car has done 4500 kms, my guess is it needs a wheel alignment.
Any comments most appreciated.
Cheers
Richard
Old 06-02-2015, 10:57 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Benzlover11
Hi my coupe seems to be steering(slightly) to the left while driving, when I mentioned this to the salesman he told me most new cars will do this as to avoid running into on coming traffic if you fall asleep etc, car has done 4500 kms, my guess is it needs a wheel alignment.
Any comments most appreciated.
Cheers
Richard

Yes most vehicles including MB's will have this set into their steering set up for safety and ADR compliance reasons.

Depending on which Country your located in being either LHD or RHD it'll either veer off to the left or to the right.

Take it to a proven "tried and trusted" wheel alignment shop and have it corrected, I've done so (as well as corrected the rear wheel settings) and the car drives much better than before and also has better traction from the rear wheels alignment corrections
Old 06-02-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 Cdi Coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
Yes most vehicles including MB's will have this set into their steering set up for safety and ADR compliance reasons.

Depending on which Country your located in being either LHD or RHD it'll either veer off to the left or to the right.

Take it to a proven "tried and trusted" wheel alignment shop and have it corrected, I've done so (as well as corrected the rear wheel settings) and the car drives much better than before and also has better traction from the rear wheels alignment corrections
I thought that might be the case, I Am in Australia, thanks for your reply!