Opinions on the C250 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
Question Opinions on the C250 Coupe?

Howdy -

Have been looking at buying a 2013 C250 and from the threads here, folks seem to be pretty happy with their coupes. Anything that you don't like or opinions in general about this vehicle?

I own a '10 GLK350 that I'm pretty happy with and my indie MB mechanic says the C250's are good cars, although he's not real hot on the inline 4 engine and prefers the 300 series V6. He said the only thing he's really seen any trouble with is the 7-speed tranny sometimes has issues but it's pretty infrequent (my GLK had a tranny leak that was fixed under warranty but otherwise it's been very trouble free).

My very old '90 BMW 325 convertible with 300K has been a fantastic car but the engine is on it's last leg so looking for a sporty replacement.... Thanks!
Old 06-29-2015, 06:37 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
likes/opinions on the MB C250 coupe

Originally Posted by magendim2;6477316. [B
anything that you don't like or opinions in general about this vehicle?
Thanks!
[/B]
C250 1.8 Turbo 4 in Iridium/Ash............. probably the best looking car - of 18 - this sailor has ever owned.

Not as fast as my 69 'Vette or 90's Supra Turbo.

Not as fuel efficient as the VW diesel alongside in my garage.

But - after 4200 miles - this car is a real treat.

ez
Old 06-30-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
18 E300, 12 E350, 08 C300
Originally Posted by magendim2
Howdy -

Have been looking at buying a 2013 C250 and from the threads here, folks seem to be pretty happy with their coupes. Anything that you don't like or opinions in general about this vehicle?

I own a '10 GLK350 that I'm pretty happy with and my indie MB mechanic says the C250's are good cars, although he's not real hot on the inline 4 engine and prefers the 300 series V6. He said the only thing he's really seen any trouble with is the 7-speed tranny sometimes has issues but it's pretty infrequent (my GLK had a tranny leak that was fixed under warranty but otherwise it's been very trouble free).

My very old '90 BMW 325 convertible with 300K has been a fantastic car but the engine is on it's last leg so looking for a sporty replacement.... Thanks!

Doors are huge!!!! And the transmission lag!!
Old 07-01-2015, 01:05 AM

C250
I just purchased a 2013

Two weeks ago and I really like it. I have owned a Porsche 911 4S and Cayenne Turbo. I am just coming out of a Focus ST. All that for reference.

I am really glad I got the Coupe. It is a beautiful car and draws looks. The interior is very nice. The gauge layout is easy on the eyes and is effective at conveying information.

The performance of the 250 is well..ok. Not as bad as I feared, not as good as I hoped.I too would rather have the 350 or for that matter a C63 but there is a sizable price delta between the two. I got a 2013 w Sport Package, AMG Wheels, AMG appearance package with 33K miles for $26,350. Not bad.

I like the ride and it is much more comfortable than my ST. It was a lot faster than the Merc but I will take the comfort for my 1 1/2 hr commute. I dont think you will be disappointed unless you plan to modify the car. There are no real mods available for this car.

I dont think you would be disappointed witht his car. It is a nice, high qualiy ride.

Good luck.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:01 PM

C204, C117
Overall the car is great and really nice - you get the sporty seats that the sedan doesn't have. Trust me, the seats are night and day! Like others have said, the transmission and turbo lag is very noticeable. Otherwise, the car is great. I've had mine for almost 3 years now, also a 2013.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:44 PM

2015 C250 Coupe
Just picked mine up 2 days ago, & I'm in agreement with the the other posters on this one - beautiful car, but engine performance leaves MUCH to be desired. The turbo lag is awful, but not as bad as the CLA I traded in. Keeping it in sport mode seems to make it a little better. But only a little. Overall I like the car, but then again, it's only been 2 days.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:43 AM

01 C200K | 02 CLK320 | 11 C250 Coupe (current)
Picked up mine 5 days ago. Its an early assessment, but here goes...
I agree with all previous posts and i came out of a CLK.

- Its big and difficult to gauge size when reversing. Im utilising my reverse camera A LOT!!!
- Turbo lag is a bit of a downer, but when it is in sport mode it is a lot better.
- Sound...(stick with me here!) I find that it is too quiet when driving it aggressively and to loud when cruising on the freeway/motorway. When in Economy mode and driving very conservatively i feel it should be in a lower gear.
- Interior design and user interface is all good.
- When in sports mode or manual mode and driving it with the paddle shifts its a lot of fun.
- small things like the parking space indicator, pano roof inc. roof blind are great.
- climate control is spot on.
- command unit is awesome with the bluetooth streaming, traffic alerts, sms reading etc.

all in all a great car...for 5 days so far!!!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:21 PM

2015 C250 Coupe
I picked up a 2015 c250 at the beginning of the year, the last of the w204s' and I came from a 2007 Charger R/T. It took me some getting used to but I love it now. There is a definite turbo and trans lag but you get over it. I wish there was a bigger market for aftermarket parts. That is the only down side I have found so far.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 A220 4matic
Just picked up my 2013 C250 today. Mine is diamond white with multimedia package, keyless go and 18" AMG 5 spoke rims. I'm overwhelmed with the tech in this car specially coming from a 2012 Camry.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:36 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Great to see some new comers here to the C204 coupe

I've had mine from new since April 2012 and still love it just as much now as when I first got it, so all of you should enjoy this car for a long time !

Regardless of C204 variant, they're all good in their own way, in some Countries unfortunately you don't get the choice of all the available variants but as said this car is great overall regardless of variant type and if you've got one that's also fully loaded features/options wise it makes for a super enjoyable drive experience.

For those wanting to do mods, seek technical help etc. etc. search here (and the net) there have been numerous threads on that topic over the years.

Happy motoring all
Old 07-30-2015, 10:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C350 Coupe
I love my 2013 c250 a lot. It's Palladium Silver with Black interior and aluminum trim. It has the premium package, multimedia package and a lip spoiler. It's arguably the best car I've ever owned. My only gripe is turbo lag. I kind of wish it had a super charger like the c230 coupe I had back in 2004 - 2007. That said, it's only really a PITA when trying to make a quick left in traffic. A few times, I've actually found myself thinking I should have waited when the car takes a second or so to get going. I have found though that if I let the car roll a bit before turning, the lag is somewhat mitigated.

I don't think you can go wrong with the C250 and there might be deals now that the car is slowly coming to the end of its production and the new coupe is right around the corner. I'm actually a bigger fan of the current C than the new version. That nav screen reminds me of an aftermarket unit...
Old 07-31-2015, 05:18 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by BeaverMjr
I love my 2013 c250 a lot. It's Palladium Silver with Black interior and aluminum trim. It has the premium package, multimedia package and a lip spoiler. It's arguably the best car I've ever owned. My only gripe is turbo lag. I kind of wish it had a super charger like the c230 coupe I had back in 2004 - 2007. That said, it's only really a PITA when trying to make a quick left in traffic. A few times, I've actually found myself thinking I should have waited when the car takes a second or so to get going. I have found though that if I let the car roll a bit before turning, the lag is somewhat mitigated.

I don't think you can go wrong with the C250 and there might be deals now that the car is slowly coming to the end of its production and the new coupe is right around the corner. I'm actually a bigger fan of the current C than the new version. That nav screen reminds me of an aftermarket unit...
Nice to hear

It is unfortunate as said that in some Countries you don't get the full variants choice, I know some Countries don't bother with the diesels.

Mines a C250-CDI and I specifically chose this variant of C204 above all others including the C63, my only gripe on this car is with MB themselves in that MB did not bother to make a C204 C350-CDI that would've been even better again and IMHO the ultimate C204 variant.

With regards to my 250-CDI no problem at all with power or lag in this variant unlike the C180 and C250 petrols, stock standard it has instant response from stand still or on a roll and unbelievable torque combined with fantastic efficiency.

Mine now also runs a specific custom diesel tune and high end aftermarket exhaust system, the result is just fantastic it has more torque than a stock M156 powered C63 variant and almost the same amount of power as a stock petrol C350's V6 but consumes less fuel than a stock C180 petrol -
the best of all Worlds

I also ordered mine with the full options list included, to me it makes a night and day difference having all the features on board compared to a 'bare bones' example because that's one of the main things that makes a Mercedes Benz feel special when driving it being spoiled by all that kit

With regard to the new 205 series, I'm really liking it and am keenly following the new AMG variants, regardless what I acquire next I intend keeping my C204, it's such a fantastic car and one of the best MB have produce to date
Old 08-12-2015, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'13 C250 Sport Coupe, '10 GLK350 4Matic, '90 BMW 325i Cabriolet
Yep, I bought it... :)

So, yes, I ended up buying a 2013 C250 and has just about all the options I wanted. It's a CPO, 23K miles, red with sport package and AMG 19" wheels. It has the full multimedia package, tinted windows, black interior with red stitching and seat belts. I've owned it for over a month but have only driven it three times since I've been travelling most of the summer so far.

I don't care for the lag either but as others have mentioned it's better in Sport mode. My commute is includes about 20 miles of two lane mountain road and it handles like a charm, HK sound system is great. Only thing I really want to do is convert to dual pipe exhaust and remove the C250 badging (I just came back from Germany and noticed many of the MB & BMWs have no badging on the trunk lids and it looks a lot cleaner).

(For some reason don't know why I have two accounts on here, magendim & magendim2...)
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on the C250 Coupe?-2015-07-02-14.40.25.jpg  
Old 08-12-2015, 10:20 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by magendim
So, yes, I ended up buying a 2013 C250 and has just about all the options I wanted. It's a CPO, 23K miles, red with sport package and AMG 19" wheels. It has the full multimedia package, tinted windows, black interior with red stitching and seat belts. I've owned it for over a month but have only driven it three times since I've been travelling most of the summer so far.

I don't care for the lag either but as others have mentioned it's better in Sport mode. My commute is includes about 20 miles of two lane mountain road and it handles like a charm, HK sound system is great. Only thing I really want to do is convert to dual pipe exhaust and remove the C250 badging (I just came back from Germany and noticed many of the MB & BMWs have no badging on the trunk lids and it looks a lot cleaner).

(For some reason don't know why I have two accounts on here, magendim & magendim2...)

Great to hear your enjoying your C250

Re. the dual exhaust, do a search here (myself and lots of other members have done it) and explore the many options over the net.

Depending on what exactly your wanting and budget your wanting to spend there are many options ranging from cheap basic dual/quad conversions to proper high end systems specifically tested and made for specific vehicle types
Old 08-13-2015, 01:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'13 C250 Sport Coupe, '10 GLK350 4Matic, '90 BMW 325i Cabriolet
Originally Posted by AV1
Great to hear your enjoying your C250
Re. the dual exhaust, do a search here (myself and lots of other members have done it) and explore the many options over the net.

Depending on what exactly your wanting and budget your wanting to spend there are many options ranging from cheap basic dual/quad conversions to proper high end systems specifically tested and made for specific vehicle types
I was looking at DameMD's exhaust mod with the 1 to 2 Magnaflow and then two pipes & tips out the back. Simple, clean and seems like it gives a bit better sound.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:59 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by magendim
I was looking at DameMD's exhaust mod with the 1 to 2 Magnaflow and then two pipes & tips out the back. Simple, clean and seems like it gives a bit better sound.

Do the same if that's what your also wanting, I'm sure all necessary parts are still available
Old 08-28-2015, 03:27 AM

2015 Mercedes C220 CDI Coupe
Didn't get a C250, but did pick up a 2015 C220 CDI Coupe a couple of weeks ago. It's an AMG Sport Edition with Premium Pack in Fire Opal. Previous car was a '58 SLK200 (R171), which I enjoyed very much. Really like the C220, smooth, comfortable and sure-footed. Not really pushed the engine yet as it still has less than 1000 miles on it, but it feels like it has some decent mid-range pull. The only issue so far is that it sometimes gets stuck in P and has to be released using the manual release button under the shift lever hood. That will hopefully get sorted next week. Other than that, loving it.

Edit - it has not got stuck in P over the last week and 500 miles. The dealer updated the transmission software today (apparently) and found no faults.

Opinions on the C250 Coupe?-image.jpg1_zps6ysvki9i.jpg

Opinions on the C250 Coupe?-smallslk.jpg

Last edited by GeeJayW; 09-01-2015 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-29-2015, 11:08 PM

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 SL550
I joined this forum tonight, having just purchased a 2012 C250 coupe in Lunar Blue. Fantastic car and coming from a Toyota Prius, the performance is steller!! Yes, I've been hiding under a rock for several years...

The car has 37k miles and was only 21k (I think I did well).