2010 c300 eyelid wire issues and lights in general.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E320
2010 c300 eyelid wire issues and lights in general.

Hey guys, long time no see. So I sold the 2003 e320 earlier this year and bought myself a 2010 C300 Sport. Everything (minus the peeling buttons on the steering wheel) were perfect! Had the frame checked, had a set of mechanics go through it (I no longer work at my shop, moved out of state) checked the paint, no runs or orange peel to speak of, unlike the other 12 I looked at. I actually purchased it through a Lexus dealer that had just got it on trade in. And drove it for about 2 months before the yellow lights were driving me insane. So I ordered a cheap HID kit (6500k) off amazon, installed it (drilled through the rear headlight cap) turned them on and after a short drive realized..... They were flickering (I just went into the computer on my 2003 E320 and change the setting to hid, also installed a capacitor, and they worked flawlessly for 4 years) I searched the forums and started to see people saying that Mercedes has gotten wise to altering the light settings and has made it so you can't do that anymore. So rather than take it to someone else's shop and have them charge me $50 to attempt it. I bought one of those anti-flicker kits off amazon for $15. Installed it and the lights have been working flawlessly since.

Then I went to change the eyelids because the yellow looks like **** and let's be honest, the eyelids don't really serve a purpose. So being an idiot I first tugged on the wires from the back seeing as how I don't have my tools down here and I hoped it might just pop out (I really didn't tug on them that hard). Long and short of it is I got all four installed and three work perfect. The fourth however isn't turning on. I thought bad led. So I told the seller, they sent me a new one, this time pulled it out using pliers. Put the bulb in, nothing. So I start looking at the wire, the insulation around the wire has cracked, ON BOTH WIRES! So I suppose my question is. ARE all four eyelid lights running on two* circuits or individual circuits? And if they are all on two circuits, what is required to replace the wires because I am not seeing a whole lot of access to them other than removing the headlight bulb.

Last edited by Boostedpower; 10-14-2015 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E320
Originally Posted by Boostedpower
Hey guys, long time no see. So I sold the 2003 e320 earlier this year and bought myself a 2010 C300 Sport. Everything (minus the peeling buttons on the steering wheel) were perfect! Had the frame checked, had a set of mechanics go through it (I no longer work at my shop, moved out of state) checked the paint, no runs or orange peel to speak of, unlike the other 12 I looked at. I actually purchased it through a Lexus dealer that had just got it on trade in. And drove it for about 2 months before the yellow lights were driving me insane. So I ordered a cheap HID kit (6500k) off amazon, installed it (drilled through the rear headlight cap) turned them on and after a short drive realized..... They were flickering (I just went into the computer on my 2003 E320 and change the setting to hid, also installed a capacitor, and they worked flawlessly for 4 years) I searched the forums and started to see people saying that Mercedes has gotten wise to altering the light settings and has made it so you can't do that anymore. So rather than take it to someone else's shop and have them charge me $50 to attempt it. I bought one of those anti-flicker kits off amazon for $15. Installed it and the lights have been working flawlessly since.

Then I went to change the eyelids because the yellow looks like **** and let's be honest, the eyelids don't really serve a purpose. So being an idiot I first tugged on the wires from the back seeing as how I don't have my tools down here and I hoped it might just pop out (I really didn't tug on them that hard). Long and short of it is I got all four installed and three work perfect. The fourth however isn't turning on. I thought bad led. So I told the seller, they sent me a new one, this time pulled it out using pliers. Put the bulb in, nothing. So I start looking at the wire, the insulation around the wire has cracked, ON BOTH WIRES! So I suppose my question is. ARE all four eyelid lights running on one circuit or individual circuits? And if they are all on one circuit, what is required to replace the wires because I am not seeing a whole lot of access to them other than removing the headlight bulb.

I should also state that I only know that the third one works because it comes on for a second before both the lights on that side turn out. I have also tried the original incandecnt with no luck. My other question would be. If the inner eyelid comes on for a second but the outer one never comes on, could it be a faulty middle eyelid causing the outer eyelid to never receive power?

Last edited by Boostedpower; 10-14-2015 at 12:44 AM.