ADVICE NEEDED!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes C300 Sport
Question ADVICE NEEDED!!

Hello,

I have just purchased a 2012 C-300 Sport 4Matic with 29,000 miles.
I am interested in getting rid of the halogen headlights and need some advice as what is the best steps to take that will last the longest. I would prefer Hid headlights but i am open to hear any suggestions. I'm not sure if i should replace the headlight housing, or just install Hid headlights. I need something that won't give me alot of problems and will be as reliable as possible. I'm also wondering if it is possible to get my DRL's to have the same appearance of my upgraded headlights once i get them done. Please give me any information you have to offer. I will probably get them professionally installed. ADVICE NEEDED!!-img_0552.jpg

Thank you!
Old 05-26-2016, 11:42 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Depends on your budget, but what I'd do is swap the headlight housing with a set of DEPO that has built in xenon projectors, then pair with a quality HID conversion kit.

We have high end Morimoto HID conversion kits available. Just let us know if we can help
Old 05-28-2016, 03:14 PM

2012 Mercedes C300 Sport
My budget is 800 max but i do plan on paying professionals for installation. can you recommend any specific products for me to take a look at? Also if i buy the new housing wouldn't it already provide the Hid/ xenon headlights? Why would i still need a conversion kit?

I don't fully understand what exactly it is that i need and how it works. If you could explain i would appreciate it.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:39 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
DEPO headlights come in two variants, one without HID kit and one with. The pre installed kit is a cheap kit. Convenient, but not that great. You can buy the housing without pre packaged at cheaper price and pair with a higher quality HID kit.

Originally Posted by MbJo14
My budget is 800 max but i do plan on paying professionals for installation. can you recommend any specific products for me to take a look at? Also if i buy the new housing wouldn't it already provide the Hid/ xenon headlights? Why would i still need a conversion kit?

I don't fully understand what exactly it is that i need and how it works. If you could explain i would appreciate it.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:30 PM

2013 C250 Sport Plus Coupe & 2005 C230 Sport Sedan
Hi MbJo14, what Mike says sounds a good idea. I have made this conversion for my C230 2005. First I tried using cheap HID conversion kits with the stock reflector headlamps. Waste of money and worst than stock halogen lamps. I tried many aftermarket products and wasted my money. Finally I decided to buy OEM xenon headlamps. No more problems and it is much better than stock halogen. I got them from ebay for about $1100.

Depo + Morimoto sounds like a good option that would cost less. Both are very good aftermarket products.