new to me c350 coupe edition 1

Old 08-25-2016, 05:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C350 Edition 1
new to me c350 coupe edition 1

Hi,
After checking so many cars, today I bought 2012 C350 coupe Edition 1.
Only 50 of these cars were imported to Canada so I do feel pretty privileged.
But what sold me is the matte paint and the piano lacquer trim, together with the navi, park assist, rims and lightning package.
And can't go wrong with Mercedes star certified 2 years warranty and only 36.000km.

Few pics while dirty but more to come once I get it on Saturday.

Few mods are on my mind already.
X pipe, lowering and lime green accents to start with.
Car is way too quiet.
Attached Thumbnails new to me c350 coupe edition 1-img_20160825_101350.jpg   new to me c350 coupe edition 1-img_20160825_123814.jpg   new to me c350 coupe edition 1-img_20160825_123819.jpg   new to me c350 coupe edition 1-img_20160825_123825.jpg   new to me c350 coupe edition 1-img_20160825_123834.jpg  

Old 08-26-2016, 07:16 AM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C350 Edition 1
What do you guys recommend for
Lowering suspension
Ecu tuning
Rear diffuser
Rear view camera

Are there any vendors on this forum to chime in?

Thank you.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:26 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
2005 Porsche 911, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 2012 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Kav,
Welcome to the MB club. Great looking car.
Unfortunately this particular side of the forum is very quiet. I use the C204 Sedan forum as there is a little more activity over there. I like the car, looks great. Most of those topics have been discussed at length on that forum so I would do a search on each one before asking as some folks tend to get snippy and you may get a lot of "great another newbie that doesn't know how to use the search function"

Anyway to try to answer your questions:
There are two brands that are the primary brands for lowering: Eibach and H & R. Most go with Eibach. Depends on your vehicle specs (4 matic etc). There is a whole thread with lots of pics on the sedan page. Believe their is one here as well

ECU Tuning: OE Tuning seems to be the preferred vendor. There is a thread on the C204 sedan specifically to this topic and there is currently a group buy going on. Could be perfect timing for you. This may void your warranty which is why I have not done it. Unless you go back to stock when it goes in the shop. Caveat Emptor

Rear Diffusser: There are a couple of vendors on here that sell carbon fiber ones. I bought mine on Ebay. Not very good fitment but I spend a lot of time working on cars and was able to make it work. I would spend the little extra money and go with one of our vendors. You will have better recourse if something doesn't fit right. Easy to do if the part fits right. If you want the stock C63 piece it just snaps in place. Carbon fiber is all after market and fitment can be tricky.

Front lip Splitter: Didn't ask but again looks great and again buy from one of our vendors here. My ebay one fits but it's not 100% and it took 3 of us to line it up. It should not have been that difficult to install. Used more screws underneath than I should have had to.

Muffler tips: You didn't ask but you will more than likely need quads if you get a CF diffusser as the openings are bigger. Get the H Shape quad. They weld on. Any muffler shop can do it. Pick them up on the Ebays

Sound: You can go with the magnaflow X pipe. Seems to be a very popular mod. I personally would save my $200 as it barely makes any difference on post lifted (2012-2015 coupes). I have it on mine but it's barely noticeable. Go upgraded total exhaust or remove muffler which may be too loud for you. All preference. There is an entire exhaust thread with YT clips and part numbers on the sedan page. Keep in mind our C350's sound different than the C300 and post lift cars sound different than the 08-11 cars. I personally think the best sound is secondary cat (really just a resonator) and true resonator replacement with Magnaflow X pipe. The challenge again is removing what some folks say is a secondary catalytic converter. It may void your warranty and may give you a hard time with your emissions control folks. Again caveat emptor

Rear view camera: Haven't seen this discussed a ton but there is at least one thread on the sedan page and there are two options. Buy the OEM camera and have it wired in to your head unit. Almost guarantee the port is there. It's not cost effective for an OEM to build two separate head units for the same vehicle. Do a little research on that one. Second is an aftermarket piece. Come both wired and wireless. Unfortunately that involves a separate screen.

Spacers: This will push out your wheels so they are flush. Looks way cleaner. 10MM front and 12 MM rears. You need 40MM bolts as the stock ones will be too short.

Side markers: Get rid of the orange ones. I bought some on ebay and gave them a shot of VHT Nightshades to darken them up a bit. Huge difference and inexpensive

Hope that helps. I just picked mine up about a month and a half ago but my wife is on her third C class sedan. I also have researched almost everything you are for my own car besides the camera. I would really encourage you to read all the threads in the first couple of pages of each of the two C forums (sedans and coupes) you will be amazed at how many people do basically the same things.
Here are a couple of pics of my car with stuff done:

Day I bought it

Front lip spoiler and smoked side markers on

Side markers in the off position

Quad tips, carbon diffusser and carbon wing which replaced my OEM AMG type wing

Rear wheel prior to spacer install

Rear wheel after spacer

I also replaced the door pins with aluminum ones from ebay. I did not get the ones that say AMG, just plain

I also wrapped the chrome around my windows and the trunk piece. Did not care for all the chrome trim.

With chrome window trim

After wrapping chrome trim

After debadge but before chrome wrap

Last edited by Atlas Grey; 08-26-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 c63
Door pins

Originally Posted by Atlas Grey
Kav,
Welcome to the MB club. Great looking car.
Unfortunately this particular side of the forum is very quiet. I use the C204 Sedan forum as there is a little more activity over there. I like the car, looks great. Most of those topics have been discussed at length on that forum so I would do a search on each one before asking as some folks tend to get snippy and you may get a lot of "great another newbie that doesn't know how to use the search function"

was as it difficult to install the door pins? Was it a simple spin off ?

Anyway to try to answer your questions:
There are two brands that are the primary brands for lowering: Eibach and H & R. Most go with Eibach. Depends on your vehicle specs (4 matic etc). There is a whole thread with lots of pics on the sedan page. Believe their is one here as well

ECU Tuning: OE Tuning seems to be the preferred vendor. There is a thread on the C204 sedan specifically to this topic and there is currently a group buy going on. Could be perfect timing for you. This may void your warranty which is why I have not done it. Unless you go back to stock when it goes in the shop. Caveat Emptor

Rear Diffusser: There are a couple of vendors on here that sell carbon fiber ones. I bought mine on Ebay. Not very good fitment but I spend a lot of time working on cars and was able to make it work. I would spend the little extra money and go with one of our vendors. You will have better recourse if something doesn't fit right. Easy to do if the part fits right. If you want the stock C63 piece it just snaps in place. Carbon fiber is all after market and fitment can be tricky.

Front lip Splitter: Didn't ask but again looks great and again buy from one of our vendors here. My ebay one fits but it's not 100% and it took 3 of us to line it up. It should not have been that difficult to install. Used more screws underneath than I should have had to.

Muffler tips: You didn't ask but you will more than likely need quads if you get a CF diffusser as the openings are bigger. Get the H Shape quad. They weld on. Any muffler shop can do it. Pick them up on the Ebays

Sound: You can go with the magnaflow X pipe. Seems to be a very popular mod. I personally would save my $200 as it barely makes any difference on post lifted (2012-2015 coupes). I have it on mine but it's barely noticeable. Go upgraded total exhaust or remove muffler which may be too loud for you. All preference. There is an entire exhaust thread with YT clips and part numbers on the sedan page. Keep in mind our C350's sound different than the C300 and post lift cars sound different than the 08-11 cars. I personally think the best sound is secondary cat (really just a resonator) and true resonator replacement with Magnaflow X pipe. The challenge again is removing what some folks say is a secondary catalytic converter. It may void your warranty and may give you a hard time with your emissions control folks. Again caveat emptor

Rear view camera: Haven't seen this discussed a ton but there is at least one thread on the sedan page and there are two options. Buy the OEM camera and have it wired in to your head unit. Almost guarantee the port is there. It's not cost effective for an OEM to build two separate head units for the same vehicle. Do a little research on that one. Second is an aftermarket piece. Come both wired and wireless. Unfortunately that involves a separate screen.

Spacers: This will push out your wheels so they are flush. Looks way cleaner. 10MM front and 12 MM rears. You need 40MM bolts as the stock ones will be too short.

Side markers: Get rid of the orange ones. I bought some on ebay and gave them a shot of VHT Nightshades to darken them up a bit. Huge difference and inexpensive

Hope that helps. I just picked mine up about a month and a half ago but my wife is on her third C class sedan. I also have researched almost everything you are for my own car besides the camera. I would really encourage you to read all the threads in the first couple of pages of each of the two C forums (sedans and coupes) you will be amazed at how many people do basically the same things.
Here are a couple of pics of my car with stuff done:

Day I bought it

Front lip spoiler and smoked side markers on

Side markers in the off position

Quad tips, carbon diffusser and carbon wing which replaced my OEM AMG type wing

Rear wheel prior to spacer install

Rear wheel after spacer

I also replaced the door pins with aluminum ones from ebay. I did not get the ones that say AMG, just plain

I also wrapped the chrome around my windows and the trunk piece. Did not care for all the chrome trim.

With chrome window trim

After wrapping chrome trim

After debadge but before chrome wrap
Old 12-04-2016, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Welcome!