Anyone can help me with lowering my C205?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 300 coupe 2017 (C205)
Anyone can help me with lowering my C205?

Can someone tell me what good lowering springs for c300 coupe 2017 (C205)?
Because I think I want to get rid of the big gap on the fender. I already do some search but almost all of it for the sedan model (W205). Is it has the same fit with the coupe model?
Thankyou.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:05 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
I would check with H&R directly, but I've seen a few websites in Europe that mention that H&R Sport Spring part # 28811-1 also fits the coupe. Please report back on what they say!

http://www.cksperformance.com/index....ducts_id=24560
Old 12-08-2016, 02:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by joshuajethro
Can someone tell me what good lowering springs for c300 coupe 2017 (C205)?
Because I think I want to get rid of the big gap on the fender. I already do some search but almost all of it for the sedan model (W205). Is it has the same fit with the coupe model?
Thankyou.
Josh, nothing on the website yet, but like Hapa said, I'd check with H&R; coupe & sedan likely take the same 28811-1s:

http://www.hrsprings.com/application.../25/Suspension

And you're right. Regardless, even if you're on stock 18s (like me), that 1.2" drop will make you quite happy. I look at mine all the time and think Perfect stance; don't even need custom wheels......though I may bump up to 19s one day. The usual good things lowering does to the driving dynamics will delight the sh-- out of you, as well. You will see and feel the car closer to the road every time you hop in and take it for a spin.

In other words, please do it. Though my sedan gives off a nice 4-door coupe vibe if you study the silhouette and imagine only 2 doors (pictures one of these days)..........your coupe is a real 2-door and will look even better, I say.

Do it-do it-do it-do it!!
Old 12-14-2016, 10:33 AM
sno

Received 146 Likes on 105 Posts
EQE 350+, EQS 450+, AMG C63
I would love to do the same with my 17 C43 coupe... I assume all of the them to include the C450 sedan have the electronic dampening? My understanding is that the springs are the same across the board. for the C450 / C43
Old 12-14-2016, 02:14 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by sno
I would love to do the same with my 17 C43 coupe... I assume all of the them to include the C450 sedan have the electronic dampening? My understanding is that the springs are the same across the board. for the C450 / C43
Correctamundo regarding the springs, that is, the only substantive changes to the 43 from the 450 are the new 9-speed transmission, torque split increased to 69/41 (rear/front) from 67/33, and an optional sport exhaust offered.....and the different badging, of course. Can't think of anything else.

Oh, and I took a look @ your black 43 coupe and it appears to be identical to my black 450 sedan.........black on black interior, with the night package blackening out the front splitter - side sill inserts - rear diffuser/exhaust tips.

My head & tail lamps have also been smoked, as well as the chrome strip on the trunk is blacked out...........but you don't have that strip, so you're good. And I have 18" wheels.

My point? You're looking very nice as-is, in that the 19s - to me - might fill in the fender well enough to not want the lowering springs..........for some people at least. It needed to be lowered with the 18s. Now, with the smoked lamps, all black wheels (the basic AMG 5-star wheels with the stars colored silver), the car flows nicely from bumper to bumper. I love it-I love it-I love i!!

So when you lower it on those 19s, Sno, you will find it the stance, driving feel, and new handling to be PERFECT! And I mean better looking, better feeling, better handling than my sedan, especially the stance. Every time you look you'll be like "What beautiful car you are. I love you." (Full disclosure: Wanted a coupe back in March; didn't want to wait.)

Last, but not least, when you get it done - if you want to.....hit me up. I'll meet you somewhere in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach to put the fraternal twins side-by-side. Then you might go get your lamps smoked, too. Only cost me $30 per lamp...$150-160 with my tip (a good friend @ the Swap Shop hooked it up).

Until another time, take it easy, Sno.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:24 PM
sno

Originally Posted by BRBM
Correctamundo regarding the springs, that is, the only substantive changes to the 43 from the 450 are the new 9-speed transmission, torque split increased to 69/41 (rear/front) from 67/33, and an optional sport exhaust offered.....and the different badging, of course. Can't think of anything else.

Oh, and I took a look @ your black 43 coupe and it appears to be identical to my black 450 sedan.........black on black interior, with the night package blackening out the front splitter - side sill inserts - rear diffuser/exhaust tips.

My head & tail lamps have also been smoked, as well as the chrome strip on the trunk is blacked out...........but you don't have that strip, so you're good. And I have 18" wheels.

My point? You're looking very nice as-is, in that the 19s - to me - might fill in the fender well enough to not want the lowering springs..........for some people at least. It needed to be lowered with the 18s. Now, with the smoked lamps, all black wheels (the basic AMG 5-star wheels with the stars colored silver), the car flows nicely from bumper to bumper. I love it-I love it-I love i!!

So when you lower it on those 19s, Sno, you will find it the stance, driving feel, and new handling to be PERFECT! And I mean better looking, better feeling, better handling than my sedan, especially the stance. Every time you look you'll be like "What beautiful car you are. I love you." (Full disclosure: Wanted a coupe back in March; didn't want to wait.)

Last, but not least, when you get it done - if you want to.....hit me up. I'll meet you somewhere in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach to put the fraternal twins side-by-side. Then you might go get your lamps smoked, too. Only cost me $30 per lamp...$150-160 with my tip (a good friend @ the Swap Shop hooked it up).

Until another time, take it easy, Sno.
Thanks BRBM and would love to shot the twins...

I like the wheels what I dont like are the way the run flats look on the wheel. They are not square they look some what stretched. On my CLA 45 the P Zeros fit perfect all squared up and the wheel comes right to the inside edge of the wheel well. So i'm going to lower it on my 45 I did coilovers here just springs.

I so want to tint the rear lights for sure so I may hit you up for that info...

Funny thing when I started to look for a C43 I wanted a sedan but when I saw this one in the showroom I said dang that is a sexy biotch LOL...

It also had the brown interior which kind of made it pop...
Old 12-15-2016, 07:42 AM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by sno
Thanks BRBM and would love to shot the twins...

I like the wheels what I dont like are the way the run flats look on the wheel. They are not square they look some what stretched. On my CLA 45 the P Zeros fit perfect all squared up and the wheel comes right to the inside edge of the wheel well. So i'm going to lower it on my 45 I did coilovers here just springs.

I so want to tint the rear lights for sure so I may hit you up for that info...

Funny thing when I started to look for a C43 I wanted a sedan but when I saw this one in the showroom I said dang that is a sexy biotch LOL...

It also had the brown interior which kind of made it pop...
Alrighty then.....one of these days, Sno. Not sure where you're located in the tri-county area, but I'm sure someone relatively close by can smoke your rears out for a reasonable price. But if not, my boy Tony @ the flea market on Sunrise can hook it up.

Regarding those run-flats, you'll easily replace those if you want, not to mention, how'd I miss that CLA45? Love the platform & performance and even had a GLA45 + E550 4matic in the running back in March, with plans t lower both of course. Oh, what a rare hot-hatch the GLA would've been when seen blasting up or down I-95, Turnpike or the Sawgrass Expwy. Dammit. But I'm over it.

Anyway, nice coilover setup (you're clearly a certified car nut), and the overall look reminds me of the C63 I traded - pics attached. (Sniff, sniff..... .....which I miss a little; I shouldn't laugh, right?)

Last but not least, can't blame you for snatching up that smokin hot coupe, either. I'll say it again, you...just...*&^%ing...wait! As with the 45, AMG has done in-house the bulk of the what might have been aftermarket work, so few things are needed to put the finishing touches on. If only I was more patient, but maybe one day.

So until next time, you take it easy; catch you later.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone can help me with lowering my C205?-drivers-side-2-.jpg   Anyone can help me with lowering my C205?-pax-front.jpg   Anyone can help me with lowering my C205?-pax-rear-quarter.jpg  
Old 12-15-2016, 08:01 AM
sno

Alrighty then.....one of these days, Sno. Not sure where you're located in the tri-county area, but I'm sure someone relatively close by can smoke your rears out for a reasonable price. But if not, my boy Tony @ the flea market on Sunrise can hook it up.

Regarding those run-flats, you'll easily replace those if you want, not to mention, how'd I miss that CLA45? Love the platform & performance and even had a GLA45 + E550 4matic in the running back in March, with plans t lower both of course. Oh, what a rare hot-hatch the GLA would've been when seen blasting up or down I-95, Turnpike or the Sawgrass Expwy. Dammit. But I'm over it.

Anyway, nice coilover setup (you're clearly a certified car nut), and the overall look reminds me of the C63 I traded - pics attached. (Sniff, sniff..... .....which I miss a little; I shouldn't laugh, right?)

Last but not least, can't blame you for snatching up that smokin hot coupe, either. I'll say it again, you...just...*&^%ing...wait! As with the 45, AMG has done in-house the bulk of the what might have been aftermarket work, so few things are needed to put the finishing touches on. If only I was more patient, but maybe one day.

So until next time, you take it easy; catch you later.
Sweet 63...

I'm in Broward so def see ya soon.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:08 PM

C 300 coupe 2017 (C205)
Thankyou so much all.
And do you guys no where to buy a second but in good condition 20" wheels?
Old 03-07-2017, 08:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe
Hope it's ok to resurrect this thread - I have a 4Matic, am I out of luck or do we have to wait a bit longer? I've never lowered an AWD car so I'm out of the loop.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:52 AM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by Jesse Jericho
Hope it's ok to resurrect this thread - I have a 4Matic, am I out of luck or do we have to wait a bit longer? I've never lowered an AWD car so I'm out of the loop.
Looks like you might have to wait a bit longer, Jesse. Go click on the H&R link above (I just did), and it appears they've only got the C300 RWD Coupe springs so far; at this moment, nothing for 4matics quite yet.

But, I don't think it'll be long before they supply the springs to meet your and others' demand.

Granted, you'll only see 2 part numbers for our W/C205s...#28811-1 (RWD Coupes & Sedans) and #28811-2 (4matic Sedans)... there could be another part # coming.

That said, I'm guessing they test the 28811-2s to see if they work on 4matics before creating another set. Regardless, you will absolutely LOVE the new driving feel and stance once you do it.
The following users liked this post:
Jesse Jericho (03-08-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 07:48 AM

2017 C300 Coupe
Looks like you might have to wait a bit longer, Jesse.
i figured I'd send H&R Germany an email to find out, got a response this morning:

We are planning springs for the car but it might take a couple of weeks still until we can offer these.
Sweet.

(Edit - just to clarify this is in reference to the C300 4matic coupe)

Last edited by Jesse Jericho; 03-09-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:07 AM

2016 C450
i figured I'd send H&R Germany an email to find out, got a response this morning:

Sweet.
Smart move.....and Car Nut to Car Nut, you're very welcome. A couple, or even a few weeks? Not so bad.

Hell, I'm excited for you. In fact, virtually every time I look @ mine lowered on stock 18s, I think - sometimes say.........that *&^! looks *&^)ing PERFECT! Better still, a couple dudes @ the local dealership showed some "nice car; nice setup" love when I stopped by for a complimentary wash. (All black, night package, 20% tinted windows / smoked head & tail lamps, lowered.....pictures one of these days. Hopefully with 19" Gunmetal Vossen CV3-RS, though not really needed.)

Also, to get you even more jacked up, feels better on the road. Less drag making it feel a bit more zippy; better throttle response, in other words. Slightly better gas mileage (as high as 33.6 hwy @ around 68-70 mph....up from previous max of around 31.3 or so). Better cornering & better high speed stability with the slightly more downforce.

So again, you're going to LOVE IT!!
Old 03-09-2017, 08:09 AM

2017 C300 Coupe
So again, you're going to LOVE IT!!
Awesome, thanks man, I'm pumped. Now do you have any advice for justifying this to my wife?

​​​​​
Old 03-10-2017, 11:17 AM

2016 C450
Awesome, thanks man, I'm pumped. Now do you have any advice for justifying this to my wife? ​​​​​
Anytime..........and absolutely have some justification. I mean, the wife in my case is a Car Guy, so she probably knows and can justify better than I can, but she's not here now. So, here I go:

Dear Mrs. Jericho,

As a firm believer and practitioner of House Rule #1 on a daily, minute by minute basis - If Momma ain't happy, NOBODY'S HAPPY!, please allow me to justify Jesse's purchase of H&R lowering springs.

In the practical sense, lowering the suspension even 1/2" makes for marked improvements in overall handling and performance, to include better gas mileage. In addition, the actual cost of the modification is rather minimal; mine was done, parts & labor included, for only $660 US dollars. Camber bolts may or may not be needed to get the alignment right, but again, for a minimal price.....$250 or so - only IF needed.

The appearance will also be enhanced; another way of saying the car will become more attractive in it's stance and as it travels. But to be clear, it would only be almost as as attractive as you, Mrs. Jericho. Not quite, though, since Jesse is a man who CLEARLY has tremendously good taste in clothing, women (meaning you), and fragrance. A man of whom there are simply not many. So, rare as he may be, he lucked out with you, girl. MmmmmmHmm. I ain't never lied.

This fact leads to House Rule #19919 - When the lady of the house goes shopping and/or out with the girlfriends, she must do in style. And you will be travelling in high style, young lady. Yes.

Last, but not least, the savings in gas mileage will work towards defraying the cost of the modification. The less frequent fill-ups over time will nullify the current expenditure that might appear to you as frivolous.

Otherwise, thank you for your time and please know that - whether he states it or not - Jesse firmly believes in House Rule #1 and has committed to practicing it as you both continue your lifetime partnership.

Sincerely,
BRBM

There you go Jess. Justification provided.
Jesse Jericho (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 01:59 PM

2017 C300 Coupe
Wow BRBM... that was beautiful. When it comes time, I will definitely carefully consider using your strategy.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:05 AM

2016 C450
Wow BRBM... that was beautiful. When it comes time, I will definitely carefully consider using your strategy.
Sounds good.......or you could just show her the letter your agent in the USA - BRBM - penned directly to her.

She will admire the lengths to which you went to show her it's essentially a win-win mod that pays for itself, then give you the green light to proceed.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:42 AM

2017 C300 Coupe - Polar White/Saddle Brown (Premium, Premium Plus, Sports AMG package)

Sweet.

(Edit - just to clarify this is in reference to the C300 4matic coupe)
Hi Jesse, since those couple weeks passed, I wanted to ask if you got any progress in the matter. The first mod on the list for me is to defeat the SUV gap on the car. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2017, 07:06 PM

2017 C300 Coupe
Originally Posted by tylermax
Hi Jesse, since those couple weeks passed, I wanted to ask if you got any progress in the matter. The first mod on the list for me is to defeat the SUV gap on the car. Thanks!
I emailed again a few days ago, and the nice rep I've been talking to said they were still a few weeks out. I'll keep this thread updated with new info.
tylermax (04-23-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 12:22 PM

2017 C300 Coupe
Emailed again on May 12 - response:

Not yet, sorry.
But I´ll drop you a line as soon as we have a car for testing with us (it will then take 1-2 weeks until products get available for it).
Old 08-14-2017, 11:50 AM

2017 C300 Coupe
Emailed H&R Germany again, on Friday August 11th, got this response:

Not yet, sorry. we do not have a date for testing yet either, sorry.
Not looking too good.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:01 AM

2017 C300 Coupe - Polar White/Saddle Brown (Premium, Premium Plus, Sports AMG package)
Thats weak... thanks for keeping the post updated! I went with an airmatic set up instead since there were no good options for me.

Emailed H&R Germany again, on Friday August 11th, got this response:

Not looking too good.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:35 PM

2017 C300 Coupe
Originally Posted by tylermax
Thats weak... thanks for keeping the post updated! I went with an airmatic set up instead since there were no good options for me.
No problem, wish I had better news - can you tell me more about your Airmatic install? What was involved and how much did it cost? How low can you go?

*edit* Maybe I understood wrong - did you order the car with Airmatic or put it on your existing car?

Last edited by Jesse Jericho; 08-22-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:41 AM

2017 C300 Coupe
Update - latest response from H&R (today):

No news… the 4matik models have not been tested still. We had to disregard these a bit as there is not enough request to make a test and prototyping worth it so it may take a while still.
Not looking good. The only solution I can find are the height adjustable springs from KW, and they are 799 euros, bit too rich for my blood. Really sucks, because the wheel gap on these cars is absolutely atrocious :/
Old 12-11-2017, 04:27 AM

No problem, wish I had better news - can you tell me more about your Airmatic install? What was involved and how much did it cost? How low can you go?

*edit* Maybe I understood wrong - did you order the car with Airmatic or put it on your existing car?
sorry for my extremely late reply, I did not notice your question. I went with airmatic for a couple grand more which actually feels much smoother in ride quality as well as the ability to lower the car on demand. You can go pretty low, not as if the car is on bags but a stylish lowered look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone can help me with lowering my C205?