Dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C300 coupe amg line
Dual exhaust

hi guys I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on something for me. I have recently taken ownership of a 2017 c class coupe (c300 amg line). I noticed the other day that only one of my exhaust seemed to be working. When I bent down to look I saw that the passenger side was blocked off.
im really confused by this as my previous car was an A250amg and both exhaust definitely were active on this.
Both cars have the 2L 4 cyclinder engines but the c300 produces more power so wouldn't it make sense for the coupe to have both active tailpipes????
Old 02-06-2017, 02:48 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
I've had cars in the past that purposely only allow flow to the driver side to help the car heat up faster (including current 4 series). I think you can bypass this by forcing the car in Sport+. Try it and report back!
Old 04-06-2017, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 AMG Line Coupe
I noticed this and took it in to the garage to ask why. It is a duel exhaust with a valve on on the passenger side ( you can look under and see it). It only opens up in sport plus and under certain conditions. That's the story I was told. I think the valve helps give it an exhaust rumble as well.