C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Service mileage reset/window reset.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C Class
Service mileage reset/window reset.

I know the question about resetting the service warning mileage has been asked a few times on various forums, however, the methods quoted did not work on my car. I got the beep, but it didn't reset. I found the version in the Haynes manual and this worked:

1: unlock the car and get in, close the door.
2: insert the ignition key and turn it to position 2, and within one second push button 0 twice.
3: turn the ignition key back to position 1
4: press and hold button 0 then turn the key back to position 2, keeping the button depressed. The display will show the remaining mileage or time, and after around ten seconds a beep will be heard and the service countdown has reset.

I also found out this week that after the battery has been disconnected(I had an alternator failure), the windows need to relearn their start & stop positions before the second position on the window switches will work. To do this just wind the windows all the way down, then all the way back up and keep hold of the switch for a few seconds after it has stopped. The second position on the switch should now function correctly.

That one had me foxed for a couple of days, I thought I was going to have to start testing solenoids or something....
Old 10-30-2014, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 320 2004
You rock

I have tried many other procedures. None works. Finally, your suggestion works. Thank you so much.