C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Security system engaging

Old 12-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 c280
Security system engaging

Hello, this is my first time posting to this forum.
I have a 1996 c280 sport and recently everytime I go to turn on the car, both light indicators on the rear view mirror flash when the car starts up (after giving my a bit of trouble to start, but still starts). the thing is once I shut off the car, the car goes into armed mode and locks all the doors and can no longer have access to anything, esp trunk, and the remote no longer works to unlock the car. so what i have to do to unlock the car is take out the batteries from the key fob, put them back in, then unlock and it's fine again.
This started happening more often once my battery died one day (accidentally kept the exterior lights on when getting out of the car in a hurry, were on for about 4 hrs) jumped the car and everything was fine, but since then I've been having this problem everyday.
What i've done-
*replaced FOB batteries
*new car battery
*happens with my other key fob that I also have
*tried doing the reset where I press the key fob button twice then keep the key in the ignition for a few hours (3-4hrs)
*holding down the button on the fob while pointing at mirror

After all this I'll still have the problem later on in the day, starts up with both red and green lights flashing, after driving, turning off car and pulling key out of ignition, car locks up automatically.

Please if anyone has ever experienced this, what worked for you??? Don't want this to get any worse, then have the car not start up at all.
Thank You!