C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

ABS, braking and cooling issue.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C200K
ABS, braking and cooling issue.

Hey, I own a Mercedes C200K saloon (2001) and currently having an issue, I'm hoping someone can help!
I brought my car last year with it's ABS light on and it somehow passed it's MOT the day I brought it from the car dealership. I was told by the car salesman that the sensor needed replacing. There were no advisories on the MOT either, should of raised red flags but I was keen to get my new car home!
Anyway, I was keen to get the sensor fixed and have had diagnostics done on my car but the machines can not pick up any faults, they're able to turn off the lights but it comes back on. I've had this done around 5 times with 5 different diagnostic machines but they all come back as either not being to read the faults or no faults at all. So I'm a little confused! It's booked in to have the ABS stripped and replaced in hopes of resolving the problem.
So, going back last week, I needed two new front tyres. Once replaced my brakes started acting funny, shuddering and making grinding noises and feeling like my foot was going to go through the floor when slowing down from speed. Reconised this as probably needing new brakes pads or discs. So I take it in to to have them done and I get told the pads and discs are absolutly fine and do not need replacing, then he tells me that's it's probably the fault in the ABS causing the braking issues and it's likely to be a computer fault which isn't worth replacing on a car it's age and it'd be better to write it off
Now I'm really upset because I've not had it that long.
The funny thing is, I drove it to work yesterday and it was -1 outside, Not one problem with the brakes, no shuddering or grinding and they worked wonderful, Every now and again when it's cold outside, I get the warning that my coolant is low, even though I've checked it and it's topped up and my CD player stops working once the car is warmed up.
I've got a feeling that everything is connected to the heat of the car and the temperature outside. Has anyone else had any similar problems or could know what's going on?