C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Throttle Body Problems Please Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 Mercedes-Benz C280
Throttle Body Problems Please Help!

I was able to fix the vehicle. The only problem that I had was the car would stick for about 2 seconds before accelerating. I immediatley thought of throtle body, so I cleaned it with a old toothbrush, without any throttle cleaner. I turned the car off and had someone sit with their foot on the gas while I scrubbed. The throttle is clean, but now I am having issues with a rough idle again. I didn't remove it at all. I disconnected the battery after to reset it, but to no avail. Did I ruin my throttle body? I used a toothbrush, and a rag to get down in there. I didn't want to use any spray because I didn't want it to go into my engine. I made sure that the seal around the throttle body and intake hose was sealed. Are there any cords that could've come unhooked? The cord on the maf is hooked and the one on the air hose that sits on top of the engine is hooked. Please help me!
Old 04-02-2015, 11:33 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C230
Throttle body cleaners are combustible, so there is no reason not to use it.
The idea is to take it off and clean it, When you remove the throttle body, there is a screen shaped like a cup under the throttle body, Could be that your scrubbing adventure got a lot of crap on the screen, and its blocking the proper flow.
I sent you ample links to show you the processes for 90% of the questions you started out asking.
If your a college boy, you should read, watch, and learn.
I am not trying to be mean or sarcastic, but for heavens sake, if your having so many problems, and you have no mechanical skills, take it to a garage.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Originally Posted by ptcruiser
Throttle body cleaners are combustible, so there is no reason not to use it.
The idea is to take it off and clean it, When you remove the throttle body, there is a screen shaped like a cup under the throttle body, Could be that your scrubbing adventure got a lot of crap on the screen, and its blocking the proper flow.
I sent you ample links to show you the processes for 90% of the questions you started out asking.
If your a college boy, you should read, watch, and learn.
I am not trying to be mean or sarcastic, but for heavens sake, if your having so many problems, and you have no mechanical skills, take it to a garage.
^^+1^^,

also, if you always want to get your hand to your bride, you have to get scan tool first (preferably MB STAR/SDS),,

don't do anything to these Expensive parts, till you surely know how to deal with them..

ZAYED,,
Old 04-03-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C230
Well said.
The youtube links are very detailed and specific for a DIY person.
Fear is the main thing that holds people back, and lack of experience.
For me, (aside from electrical) I have been pulling wrenches since 1959, and things just become second nature.
I don't mean to "bark" at leviohanenye, but my problem is I make assumptions that once you see how it's done, then it should be a breeze to do.
I apologize for being snarky in a couple of my replies.