C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Locked out of boot, flat battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes c 200 classic
Locked out of boot, flat battery

i have removed the battery for a n indoor charge and locked myself out of the boot. Battery nice and charged though but that dont help any. The FOB has the removeable blade part but just initial probe into the boot lock it does not appear compatible ? is there a knack to it or dont they always fit? any help getting back in would be appreciated. Brian.
Attached Thumbnails Locked out of boot, flat battery-001.jpg  
Old 06-01-2015, 11:22 AM

W202 C280
This should be a key to be used to open all locks in the car, unless your doors or bootlid was changed and then the lock was not, I think it might've been synced with the current central locking system and now it works with the fob. Anyway:

As from other source:
------
Will the key fully enter the lock?
Will the key turn to the left or right in the lock?
Will key slot spring back to vertical when you let go of the key after turning it?
Old 07-02-2015, 10:36 PM

1998 C230
Originally Posted by misterbee
i have removed the battery for a n indoor charge and locked myself out of the boot. Battery nice and charged though but that dont help any. The FOB has the removeable blade part but just initial probe into the boot lock it does not appear compatible ? is there a knack to it or dont they always fit? any help getting back in would be appreciated. Brian.
LOL I too locked myself out once... On the drivers side (north america) under the hood theres a terminal where you can hook the battery to with some jumper cables, and viola you can now use the key fob to pop it open again.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C230
Here is a photo of what was mentioned above. You need to be able to get under the hood to make it work,

You will find it, covered by a small black box, on the inside fender well, drivers side, about 2 thirds down from the firewall, close to the outside fender. Just pop the the cap off, and you will see what is in the photo. Just attach jumper cables to the 2 connections, and us the key to open the trunk, windows and doors. DO NOT try to start the car with this connection.