C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

W202 Factory Siren Doesn't Work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 07:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 C230 Kompressor Sedan (W202)
W202 Factory Siren Doesn't Work

Hello all,

I have a 2000 C230 Kompressor sedan with 33K original miles. The car has been garaged all it's life and lovingly cared for. Now, here is my problem:

A few months back my car's alarm would suddenly and randomly go off for no apparent reason. This problem came and went for a few weeks - then one day, as I was walking to my car, I heard a bizarre noise coming from under the front end of the car - kind of like a very rapid chirping noise. This problem would NOT go away when I unlocked the car but it would go away on it's own - when it felt like it. Finally, when I couldn't stand it anymore, I disconnected the siren - figuring a new one would need to be bought and installed.

Well, I bought and installed a brand new siren from my local dealer, installed it and now the siren doesn't sound at all. I hit the "Panic" button on my key fob to test the system and the lights flash as they're supposed to but no sound from the siren whatsoever.

I checked all the fuses in the trunk, particularly 2, 4, & 7 but they're all good.

I've read suggestions that it might be a bad ground or a problem with the PSE (pneumatic) pump which also governs the alarm system (or so I've been lead to believe). A new PSE would cost a fortune to buy and install, especially since it needs to be coded to the vehicle by a MB dealer.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks