C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

W-202 ownership and faults.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180 Sport (W-202)
W-202 ownership and faults.

Hi there.

Firstly, I'm new here and, this'll be my first thread. I own an S-Reg W-202 (Manual. Yes.... Dreaded footbrake) with 163'000 miles on it. Fabulous car and, everything works a treat apart from a few issues:

i.) recently, the radiator blew on the car whilst in Bristol. Subsequently changed the radiator (which was was a 30 minute job). Is it likely to go again ? (I did fit a brand new one)

ii.) There appears to be an electrical fault. It's a niggling fault. Every time the back electric window rocker is operated, it seemingly trips the electrical fuses which operate the mirrors and windows. They will stop working and then, all of a sudden work after a few weeks! Further more, the number 5 fuse in the boot repeated blows within a few seconds. Could this be a circuitry fault, or is the loop on its way out ?

iii.) I've rust issues and, was wondering how easy a 'touch up' job is. There are some exterior body damages, and where I live, no-one will touch it .

iv.) the exhaust heat plate is loose. Can this be removed , or is it an essential feature of the car's underbody?

Am grateful for any responses.
Many thanks

T