C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: exhaust for sound,looks & finish
remus
20.00%
supersprint
80.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

W203/CL203 Aftermarket Exhaust Thread - All you want to know

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average.

Old 04-18-2002, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 K
Re: exhaust

Originally posted by Mike T.
Why would you need 4 exhaust pipe outlets, one for each cylinder? At that cylinder-to-pipe ratio, a CL 600 should have twelve exhaust pipes.
The greatest movie car of all time had a single pipe for each cylinder. Mad Max's V8 Interceptor - "The blower, Max, the blower!!" Makes me wish I had a big red switch on the gear-shift to activate my blower. (Hmm, that last statement could be taken out of context.)

Cheers, BT
Old 04-18-2002, 02:05 PM

E500
Re: Re: Re: exhaust

Originally posted by vadim
Why? On a 4-cyl car it certainly looks just as ridiculous as a fake turbo hood tacked on a Cavalier.
I dont think anyone here is trying to PRETEND there car is fast. THey can easily just do it for looks. Ive seen some and it looks great. I dont go around saying "Hey that Supercharged 4 cylinder coupe has 4 tips on thier car. Thats ridiculous! Its pretending to be fast like a fake turbo hood on a cavalier."
HELLO McFLY!....number of tips has nothing to do with PRETENDING TO BE FAST....people will just look and say "cool." Its not like hes putting a wierd number on. If thats the case, let him stick an AMG badge or maybe a HOOD with a hood scoop on it.
Old 04-18-2002, 04:14 PM

C32 AMG
Re: That's it!

Originally posted by Mike T.
...But people who know a thing or 2 about engine modifications and exhaust systems will not be fooled by this sort of equipment.
Sure, and people who know a thing or 2 about cars will not be fooled by a c230 either. Key word is "Looks". Anyone who knows about exhaust systems should think that the owner of a quad-tipped car like the way it looks. Symmetry appeals to me too. I would not think that the owner wants people to think that his car is faster than it really is. A dual-sided, quad-tipped exhaust system is not taken in the same regard as a 5 inch coffee can exhaust system. So... i'm wid you Xeon.
Old 04-18-2002, 04:17 PM

Buick Park Avenue Ultra
Exclamation Carlsson Quad Exhaust

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/image...rl_c320_15.jpg
Old 04-18-2002, 04:53 PM

Buick Park Avenue Ultra
Arrow Another Quad Exhaust Pic

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...light=carlsson
Old 04-18-2002, 04:56 PM

E500
Re: Re: That's it!

Originally posted by Boo2

Sure, and people who know a thing or 2 about cars will not be fooled by a c230 either. Key word is "Looks". Anyone who knows about exhaust systems should think that the owner of a quad-tipped car like the way it looks. Symmetry appeals to me too. I would not think that the owner wants people to think that his car is faster than it really is. A dual-sided, quad-tipped exhaust system is not taken in the same regard as a 5 inch coffee can exhaust system. So... i'm wid you Xeon.
Well put Boo2. Also the fact that Carlsson makes these for a car already qualifies it as something worth thinking about.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:36 PM

C230 AMG Sports coupe
Fair and open minded view point..

So.....the general consensus seems to be along the lines of....."It's your car....and You can/should do what you like"......so long as you're not deluding yourself into thinking that your car is something it's not.....the rationale for this being that those in the know can tell the real thing from a wannabe.....My conclusion being that I will possibly get my exhaust modified with a second tip.....and all because I like the way it looks.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
We won't get fooled again!

Originally posted by Boo2
Sure, and people who know a thing or 2 about cars will not be fooled by a c230 either.
Could you please explain what you mean by that?

There's nothing about a stock C 230 or any other stock M-B that, in my mind, indicates that the driver/owner is trying to pretend the car is something that it is not.

I was actually referring to Hot-Wheels style modifications which may "look cool" but have no function.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' BMW M3 E90
I think the 4 exhaust system will look Cool on the c230k.. I wouldn't care about the negative comments other people posted on this thread but if i had the option of going 4 exhaust's i would do it.

I don't understand what is wrong with going 4 exhaust system on a 4 banger?? So if i had a 75 HP shot on nitrous + pulley's and some other mod's and ran the 1/4 mile is 13's then is it OK to have 4 exhaust system..

Please make me understand some of you, because i don't.. It is his car and if he want's 4 exhaust system on his car that's his business. He just wanted some info on where he could find it.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Iceman's C230
Please make me understand some of you, because i don't.. It is his car and if he want's 4 exhaust system on his car that's his business.
Ok I'll try to explain.

I really don't care if you want 32 exhaust tips on your car, go for it if that what makes your thing swing. Hey. Maybe that'd be the 21st Century version of the Lambrettas and Vespas with about 50 rear view mirrors (the Mods, watch Quadrophenia if you don't know what I mean).

To me, though, discretion is cool. Q-cars are cool. A Q car is named after WWII Q-ships, that looked like unarmed freighters and then opened up on the German navy with heavy guns and torpedoes when threatened.

So, a Q car is similar - very subdued - looks stock even. No baby buggy wings on the rear, no snowplough spoilers on the front, no slammed body, no neon, no 4+ exhaust tips.

Imagine the element of surprise in a car that looks like a stock C 230 K, but packs 350 or 400 HP. That would be fun, no?

Cars that are fitted with all sorts of aftermarket gear may or may not be fast, but the festooning of the appearance reminds me of tarted up hookers - tacky-looking and very icky. This is my personal taste and may not be yours. That's OK.

Maybe it's just my age, I'm over 40. But even when I was 16 I liked discretion, though not as much as I do now. Meaning I once did have a double exit Ansa exhaust on a Renault 5 TS.

So does that help?

Honestly, I don't care if you want boy-racer gear. If you can afford it and like the looks, fill your boots

Last edited by Mike T.; 04-18-2002 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-18-2002, 11:28 PM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
ok i can understand neon, i can understand light up windshield nozzles, those are tacky, but a quad exhaust from one of the big time MB only tuning shops.... wow that just screams "tarted up hooker"

those tips are small, have a nice little carlsson logo etched into them, and dont even scream aftermarket, if you werent familiar with the model.

no one is saying that the exhaust is gonna turn you into a rocket ship, but the car looks nice with it, not over the top at all
Old 04-18-2002, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
Im sorry to start all this up but my point is....Xeon asked a simple question. "Is there quad tips out there"?? Those who know the answer can answer it and im sure Xeon will greatly appreciate it. I dont see the point in mentioning how "ridiculous" it will be. If you don't like what he's asking, just ignore the thread and move on. I know you have the right to state your opinion MIKE T, but sometimes its not worth mentioning or starting a flame war over it.
Old 04-18-2002, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by greg230
no one is saying that the exhaust is gonna turn you into a rocket ship, but the car looks nice with it, not over the top at all
OK you just have a very different perception of good taste than I do, and that's all right. Really. It's cool. Diversity is great.

If you want to buy Carlsson exhaust tips and the rear tray that goes with it, as I said above, fill your boots
Old 04-19-2002, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by JoReL
Im sorry to start all this up but my point is....Xeon asked a simple question. "Is there quad tips out there"?? Those who know the answer can answer it and im sure Xeon will greatly appreciate it. I dont see the point in mentioning how "ridiculous" it will be. If you don't like what he's asking, just ignore the thread and move on. I know you have the right to state your opinion MIKE T, but sometimes its not worth mentioning or starting a flame war over it.
This is a free forum. If you don't like posts of this kind - follow your own advice: just ignore and move on. I'm surprised you're bringing this up again having spent at least a year (or more) in this forum.
Old 04-19-2002, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
This is a free forum. If you don't like posts of this kind - follow your own advice: just ignore and move on. I'm surprised you're bringing this up again having spent at least a year (or more) in this forum.
And im surprised your acting like a child....well, im not really that surprised. You've always been an ***-set to this forum.
Old 04-19-2002, 12:24 AM

E500

And im surprised your acting like a child....well, im not really that surprised. You've always been an ***-set to this forum.
HAHAHHA...I second that. Someone needs a reality check around here!
Old 04-19-2002, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+

Wow! someone's ego seems to have gotten hurt... Now, try it again...

BTW, it should have been "you're" not "your", if you don't mind some language lesson
Old 04-19-2002, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
Wow! someone's ego seems to have gotten hurt... Now, try it again...

BTW, it should have been "you're" not "your", if you don't mind some language lesson
Boo hoo hoo...Big Bad Vadim is finally getting some action in the forum. Don't worry....I'll be happy to try it again and again...and again...and again. It'll make my day. MaYBe If i WriTe LiKe ThiS U'LL bE HaPPy TwO....ooops sorry teacher, I mean too. I didn't know this forum had a Human spell check. Lets see how many mistakes you can find in this post. HINT- Atleast 5.

BTW, you should have put a "period" at the end of your sentence.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by *****

HAHAHHA...I second that. Someone needs a reality check around here!
Reality? Where I live, the reality is that I have yet to see a slammed Benz (or one with any tacky stuff on), although there are flocks of MB here.

I'm also sure that I'll be in minority in your age group, so take it easy. This is a good forum. You may even learn a few useful things here. Wish moderation were one of them, though.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:06 AM

E500
Reality? Where I live, the reality is that I have yet to see a slammed Benz (or one with any tacky stuff on), although there are flocks of MB here.

I'm also sure that I'll be in minority in your age group, so take it easy. This is a good forum. You may even learn a few useful things here. Wish moderation were one of them, though.
Isn't you being in the car tacky enough. Whooops. That was harsh. O well, free forum right.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't know this question of mine will stir so much things up!!

Firstly!

I appreciate those who is defending me....and those who are sort of "firing" me...let me explain myself more clearly.

I am looking towards diversity, not trying to look powerful or prove that empty vassel makes the most noise. I don't understand what is Mike T and some others trying to tell me. I think you guys have not understand my question...which is Where is there a quad exhaust system.

Hey man...if i need to be a big showoff...I won't do it in the States!...I come from a country where a S320 (my family have 1) cost more then 1 SL55 !...and guess what i am driving there??...SLK 230K....am i boasting away again??..no....i didnt even list those cars...

Let me emphasize myself again. I am only trying to be different. This is sort of my first car, and let me tell u guys something..i remove the C230 badge, and replace it with SC99.

Am i trying to tell ppl that i have 9900CC in my car? no!!!..because SC99 tells a story between me and my ger!

So once and for all..thanks....
Old 04-19-2002, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

and for those who like to pick on other's usage of language,

PLEASE THINK CAREFULLY!!!!!!!

becoz(because), not evi1(everyone) likes 2(to) use proper english online!!!

n(and)...english might not be their first language..........

so....why don't you guys try to express yourself in Japanese or whatever foreign language
Old 04-19-2002, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
..I didn't know this forum had a Human spell check...
Why, you spelled it right - it's a word misuse that sticks out like a sore thumb. Shame on me for the missing "period" (only grammatical reference, please).

Last edited by vadim; 04-19-2002 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Ok, i'm done. Never meant to hijack this thread, for which apologize. Have fun there!
Old 04-19-2002, 01:37 AM

E500
Originally posted by Xeon
I don't know this question of mine will stir so much things up!!
Honestly Xeon, it would have happen sooner or later. This stuff isn't new to the forum. As you can see, i don't post much, but i constantly check out this forum for alot of good information. By now, I know who the bad apples are. If Jorel didn't "snap", there would still be a big chance someone else would have. It's just that he's the first one to actually confront it in that manner. I guess it's that "two can play that game" mentality. Correct me if im wrong JoReL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.94 average.

Quick Reply: W203/CL203 Aftermarket Exhaust Thread - All you want to know