C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Never Go To Keyes Mercedes In Vannuys Ca

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c240 and 69 cadi cdv conv
Never Go To Keyes Mercedes In Vannuys Ca

I just thought i'd share my experience with everyone, just recently i've been posting threads about my transmission slipping. I took my car into keyes mercedes to have a diagnositic done just to see what the dealer thought it might be and i was told i needed a new transmission. pretty ****ty news i thought, I asked why and was told it's no good. quite and answer i said but why, again i asked, only to receive the same answer it's no good. i had asked about various other questions to which i recieved no anwser aswell. I was charged $230 for nothing I questioned the charge and my service writer Xena (who by the way is the worst person to deal with) tells me i'm being charged for a diagnosis and a visual inspection. (wtf is that btw) I wanted to dispute but there was no manager avalable. I then took the car to MBZ Motors in Winnettka Ca, i had my transmission serviced and the problem went away for about 2 weeks, it then came back. I posted a thread on this site asking for assistance or suggestions and I recieved numerous helpful responses. I then took the car back to MBZ motors I told the owner their about my problem and what i'd allready done to try and correct. he was very helpful, he took my car in right away and his mechanic noticed i had a leak, my transmission line that goes into the radiator was not installed properly so it was leaking. he reinstalled properly and refilled my fluid. All this for $0 dollars since i had recently been there for the same issue. It's now going on 3 weeks and the car drives like new again. Also the following day i called the stealership to dispute charge and i was told i would get reinbursed for 1 hour labor. it's now been a month and i just got my reinbursment check. i had pretty much just given up on it but hey it finally came. ALL IN ALL I'M JUST RANTING BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE KEYES MERCEDES WAS TRYING TO ROB ME, JUST BECUASE I HAVE A NICE CAR DOESN'T MEAN I CAN DISH OUT $4500 BUCKS FOR A NEW TRANS. I WOULD RECOMMEND NO ONE EVER GO THERE.

OH YAH BTW MBZ MOTORS IN WINNETKA CA IS BAD ***, I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:50 AM

MB
Little slow this morning, so let me get it streight. You go to Keys and they try to rip you for new tranny and charge $230 for it (nice!!!) then you go to MBZ and they "fix" it for 2 weeks. Then you go back to MBZ and now they do eliminate the problem. The Keys gave yo back what... $90...

Man, this is a classic case of ripoff. I would call MBUSA headquarters and try those guys to get the Keys streighten

Sorry to hear about this whole story, but hey, now you have your car back to normal
Old 01-29-2007, 12:33 PM
RES

2005 C55, 1988 260E, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado
What would be worse is if the line they fixed was the one that Mercedes already knows about, and my dealer changed a bad o-ring seal. You might want to call another dealer and ask because if they just tightend it it may come back. Its just one o-ring that has to be changed out.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:35 PM

2006 C230SS Blue/Black, 2003 SL500 Silver/Black
Once again I recommend talking to the General Manager at the dealership (they are in stiff competition with Fletcher Jones and MB of Laguna Niguel), you'll get a free detail job.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:31 PM

1993 Cutlass Ciera SL w/ 3300 Buick Engine
whoa .... and the people there seemed so nice ....

i used to service my old 55 there and never got any "funny" charges ....

i actually bought my car there, dang ..... next time they offer me a

coffee ill be asking first if is free
Old 01-29-2007, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
Originally Posted by Berger Stahl
whoa .... and the people there seemed so nice ....

i used to service my old 55 there and never got any "funny" charges ....

i actually bought my car there, dang ..... next time they offer me a

coffee ill be asking first if is free
they offer a massage on the 55 without stating it on the bills, and charged u for extra $550