C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

06 c230 sport cables in armrest

Old 07-23-2013, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Mercedes c230
06 c230 sport cables in armrest

Hi

I have read some of the others threads about this subject, but haven't got a clear answer.

I have a 06 c230 sport its prewired, thats means it has the wires in the armrest but not the dock ( http://www.commandonline.co.uk/UHI-M...act-plate.html ) where you can connect the bluetooth puck.

But anyways i wanna know if i buy the dock, can i then buy a adapter, there can connect from "dock" to the iPhone and what will i be able to do whit it? Can i play music and control it from the steering weeh? Can i take phone calls ?

Or can i use the to cables there is laying in the armrest whit others adapters? Like aux?
Amazon.com: HQRP Audio cable 8-pin Blaupunkt to 3.5MM Compatible with Mercedes Benz BE4602 / Dodge Sprinter with Becker BE7077 plus HQRP Coaster: Automotive Amazon.com: HQRP Audio cable 8-pin Blaupunkt to 3.5MM Compatible with Mercedes Benz BE4602 / Dodge Sprinter with Becker BE7077 plus HQRP Coaster: Automotive

I know this cable works at the fits at the passenger side, but can i be connected in the armrest as well ? http://www.ecstuning.com/ES1752622/

Thanks in advance
Old 07-26-2013, 02:42 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
'05 S430, '05 S600
Your car is "pre-wired". This means that the wires/cables between the necessary components have been run, you still need the components. With the approach used mostly these days unless you have an iPhone 4 or older you cannot used the cradle, and most people use the bluetooth puck which connects to the contact plate which is the component on your link that goes in the armrest. Bluetooth puck is about $200 US, the contact plate you already found, and after this you still need the UHI "Brain", which goes in the trunk and actually makes all the magic happen. That component can be found on eBay and you can also find kits there that have all the components you need.

There is also a PDF that has the procedure on how to do the install yourself. It is very helpful, and located in the sticky section so i recommend looking that over, printing it and putting it somewhere safe for when you have everything you need.

Once you have this all you will be able to do is answer phone calls, make phone calls, and use the display on your cluster to scroll through the phone book. Everything that has to do with the "phone" part of your phone. No music... that's a whole other topic. From what I've gathered from doing lots of reading here the best option for that is to get the iPod integration kit, install it, then get the viseeo tune2air bluetooth device that connects to the ipod cable in your glove box (it will be ther once you install the ipod integration kit) and then connect to your phone through bluetooth, the first time you try to connect to both networks with your phone it will be tricky but once they are sync'd it should be automatic after that.

Essentially your phone's "phone" part will be talking to the phone components of your car through the bluetooth puck in your armrest and to the audio "world" of your car through the bluetooth connection linking it to the iPod integration kit. If you have an iPhone, it should all work pretty well, I'm not sure about working with apps like Pandora... this adds another vector of difficulty as the iPod integration kit was designed to control the iPod part of your phone and not the Pandora apps or other similar music-streaming apps. I guess in the end it all depends if the phone has the newest software that allows it to know what to do when these commands come to it from the car. My 2012 Land Rover LR4 has no issues with bluetooth, it can connect to one phone for "phone" function and someone else's phone for bluetooth audio and it's all one network called "Land Rover" when you're pairing to it... Anyways the info is all in this forum, you just have to find it. Hope I was of some help and good luck!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:48 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
'05 S430, '05 S600
Here is one of the many threads on the phone part of the bluetooth process:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...-complete.html

Happy reading!!! Get some starbucks and go get 'em Tiger!