Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W203)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sponsored by : My Mercedes Parts
Click Here

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Send a message via AIM to BlackLiquorish8
slow moonroof closing and opening fix

hey guys lately i have noticed that my moonroof opens all the way and closes very slowly and there is slight noise. it pops up with no problem... i remember i had a similar issue like this with my w126 years ago. i opened the sunroof all the way and cleaned the tracks very well and sprayed a bunch of WD-40 wow what a difference!!! The tracks were filled with dirty and i even saw a few small pebbles/rocks/sand. The moonroof now opens and closes effortlessly and feels new. Best of all no screatching noise... incase anyone has this problem its a easy DIY dont let the stealer charge for 10min job or less

kudos for WD-40
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

BlackLiquorish8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #2

Drives: c230 Sedan 6MT, AMG Brakes & Rims
Send a message via AIM to aolsen
occasional sunroof glitch

sometimes my sunroof doesn't work...turning the car off then back on fixes it.

Drive my C class in the SNOOOWW!!
Watch me fishtail, watch me ROLLL!!
Hit the ebrake in the COLLDD!
Then ESP that OHHH!!!
ESP that OHHH!
ESP that OHH!!

2003 C230K Sport Sedan. Black/Ash, C2,C4, 6-speed, BOSE, CD Changer. AMG 17 inch Wheels.
aolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #3

Drives: 2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
I had a problem where my sunroof starts to close and then half way it changes direction and starts to open up again. My dealer taught me a trick how to fix it. You open the sunroof but keep holding the button until it opens all the way and then keep holding it for 10 more seconds. Then you close the sunroof and keep holding the button for 10 more seconds and finally you tilt the sunroof open but keep holding it for 10 more seconds. What this does is realigns the sensor for the sunroof control. You are just basically keep on teaching it how to open and close again. Unfortunately this keep happening more and more often with me but this trick fixes it.
LaicepsYdobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2002 C230
Yes, it's called re-synching, and has been discussed many, many times here, and it's even in your manual.
2002 Ccoupe, smurfalicious: OE chipped, RennTech pullied & rear spoiler, Carlsson lip, 18" OZ ultraleggera rims, RogueEngineering stud conversion, Eibach Pro springs/Koni Sport struts, Eibach swaybars, Supersprint headers, Eisenmann race exhaust, Magnaflow cat, Classic Soft Trim interior w/driver's Recaro Sport seat, clear OEM projector headlights, Sparco Racing shiftknob, Lightning Autosports alcantara shiftboot w/ Simoni gated shift surround
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #5

Drives: 2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post
Yes, it's called re-synching, and has been discussed many, many times here, and it's even in your manual.
I don't remember seeing it in the manual. Oh well...
LaicepsYdobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #6

Drives: 08 Silver Lexus IS250 (manual),73 air cooled super beetle-- black 2004 230 ss is gone
I've had this problem of roof reopening. Dealer fixed it (2 yrs in a row) under warranty stating it was "dirty tracks" Tracks were cleaned & re-lubed
johnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:15 PM

Tags
close, fix, fixing, moon, moonroof, mooroof, open, opens, problem, roof, slow, slowly, sunroof, takes, w126