C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

my first impressions of my car!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MB C230 coupe
Talking my first impressions of my car!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is all.

kidding

anyway, i do love it. when i first showed up at the dealership i was like, where is it, where is it, where is it, where is it (not out loud of course, i had to act cool and collected in front of the big benzes and the porsches). anyway, when i first saw it, i about pissed my pants. it was incredible looking. then my salesman was like "open the door" and then i saw the sills, WOW!!! i loved them.

and then i saw the wood trim, loved it too. my pictures in my other thread don't do the car (especially the interior) justice at all. in the pictures, the steering wheel looks big and bulky and discolored for some weird reason and the wood trim looks dark and out of place. well rest assured the interior is the best part of the car. the wood is classy, shiny and bright and looks great. it got the most comments from my family. they loved the trim. and the capri blue on the outside is AMAZING!!!! it's purple, no wait, it's blue, no wait, it's black, now it's purple again. anyway, i love it!!! looks great with the wheels and the xenons. man i love this car.

okay, i can't explain in words how great this car looks so i'm just gonna go to impressions besides the looks.

first off, yes yes the bose radio's bass sucks. well it's not so much that it sucks. it's that it's not there. but other than that the bose radio does sound amazing especially with the cd-changer. it's crisp and clean sounding. i'm not really too much of an audiophile especially in the car so it doesn't bother me. the only time i care about kicking audio is when i'm watching DVDs or playing PC games and i got that covered at home. anyway, i made the stupid mistake of trying out the headlight washers when i got to my parents house. i got water marks all over the hood (i wiped them out this morning). but the headlight washers are cool anyway, i will probably never use them.

the xenons are incredible. i've never even been in a car with xenons before and i love them. it's like you have your own private sun that you can shine wherever you want. they're very bright and the color is nice and blue. makes everything slightly blue in front of you, very cool. i like to watch them auto level when i turn on the car too. hmmm, love the power seats, love the panorama, love the dual temp, love the cup holder, love the leather!!!!,

haven't tried the auto windshield wipers yet (although i can't figure out how to put them on auto, i only see off and three interval settings, i know i know, RTFM, i will tonight sometime), love the C7 package!!!!! love my weathertech mats and cargo liner. everything about the car is amazing. no complaints.

okay, here's the part you have all been waiting for. well at least i've been waiting to voice my opinion on this for a while. THE 1.8L ENGINE. i love it. i feel no difference from the 2.3. i test drove many, and i mean many, 2.3s before this car and there is no difference except for a little more space under the hood and the 1.8 is quieter. i don't understand anyone who complains about the 1.8 especially when they've never been behind one. the torgue kicks hard in second gear and never lets up. honest, i feel NOOO difference between the 2.3 and the 1.8. and i've driven both. i've actually driven the 2.3 more. i love it. no complaints at all.

anyway, i'm at work now and i'm scared to death that someone is gonna ding it or scratch it out in the parking lot. i keep getting up and going to look at it. so far noone has parked next to it. i'm itching just to jump in it and go driving again.

anyway, i love this car so much. i came from a 92 cougar with bad shocks and a good heart to a spunky 03 C230 with tons of energy. i've never owned a porsche, or a ferrari or a anything but a 92 cougar and for the money this is the best car you can get. i don't need the break-neck speed, i don't need mods, i don't need a 22 inch sub woofer in my car. i just wanted a good solid fun car with one outrageous conversation piece (the door sills). one thing that my family kept commenting on as they all drove the car is that it feels and rides like a big solid car with the nimbleness of a little coupe. i absolutely love it more than i could have ever imagined. if anyone out there complains about more than just little picky things (that they don't really car about too much) than they shouldn't have bought the car or they're expecting way too much from a $30,000 car. or they have a lemon (sorry).

conclusion:

I LOVE IT!!!!

p.s. to see what i have on my car, see my sig (below)
if you have any questions, just ask.

for pictures see the thread:
'pics of my new toy (bi-xenon and wood trim included)'

Last edited by truelove; 12-03-2002 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:13 AM
JeT

Truelove, were the door sills part of a package or a separate optional extra?
Old 12-03-2002, 10:16 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Hooray! You got it, finally!. I'm glad to hear that you love it. You'll have to post some pictures of the wood trim interior. I'm not sure we've seen the wood in the Coupe, yet. I'm sure everyone wants to see those headlights, too. You also mentioned dual temp... does that mean you got the Climatronic unit from the factory?

EDIT: Oooops, just now seeing the pics in your other thread. The wood and the xenons looks great.

Also glad to hear you like the 1.8L motor.

BTW, I took the liberty of single-spacing your notes to conserve on space. Hope you don't mind.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 12-03-2002 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
So, you're a little excited . You'll find more and more interesting details about the engineering. Wait until the first time you wash it :p .

BTW, the first position of the wiper switch is the rainsense position. 2 and 3 are low and high respectively, but like you said, RTFM! (just kidding).
Old 12-03-2002, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
MarkL, i wondered why the wipers wouldn't turn on in that first position. now i don't have to RTFM.

JeT, the door sills were an accessory. it's kind of like an aftermarket thing that is ordered and installed by your dealer. they can be put on at anytime. i just had the dealer order them when i ordered my car and install them before i picked up the car. they were $400 for the sills and $400 for the installation.

Last edited by truelove; 12-03-2002 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:21 PM
Banned

'00 ML320 Elegance/'03 C320 4-matic
Congrats! Be sure to break it in properly though, for a long and "happy" life.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Congrats. Enjoy it.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally posted by MB-BOB
BTW, I took the liberty of single-spacing your notes to conserve on space. Hope you don't mind.
OH, come on now uncle MB-BOB. He just writes like he is going to park it. With lots of space around him.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:03 PM
taylor192

Truelove,

I came from a '90 Camry that was rusting and the clutch was starting to slip. I have driven a porsche, jaguar, and corvette, but owning my own benz has been quite the experience for the last 2 months, I haven't even tinted the windows yet cause I love people seeing me driving it.

As for the 1.8 vs 2.3 comment, try an auto 2.3 vs a manual 1.8 and you'll love the difference, but in 1st-2nd gear in the 2.3 you'll feel a little extra kick, after that no real difference at all.

Wait till you start finding all the little extras like the credit card holders under the lid of the top centre console (I use them to store condoms...), the hidden sunglass holder case, ... but I am sure i don't have to tell you them.

Break it in properly, man I was so tempted to take it out several times during the first 1500 kms and just let loose, its so easy coming from the types of cars we had to not be paying attention and all of a sudden be at redline, so have fun!
Old 12-03-2002, 10:45 PM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
Re: my first impressions of my car!!!!

Originally posted by truelove79
i don't need the break-neck speed, i don't need mods, i don't need a 22 inch sub woofer in my car. i just wanted a good solid fun car
BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.....you're on an enthusiast board......do u really think you're gonna keep your w203 stock? Check out my sig....and I've only had mine for about 3 months (and its a lease....sometime i regret not buying it so i can mod the heck out of it but then i rem my track record of driving 4 cars in the last 5+yrs). Hopefully I wont break the car or run out of mods before my lease is up (one or the other is sure to happen). Great looking ride by the way and look forward to you MODDING it!