C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Looking for instructions for SDS coding that the dealer will understand.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes C230 Sport
Looking for instructions for SDS coding that the dealer will understand.

I'm starting to really miss VAG-COM on my Audi, which is basically like Star Diagnostic, but freely available, you just have to buy the (very cheap) cable, and then you don't have to talk to the dealer to code things.

Anyway, I want to turn off the chirp when I lock my doors, and I want to turn on the phone menu in the dash cluster and enable steering controls of the phone (said controls are working fine through the head unit already), so as I understand it, I need them to make a few clicks in Star Diagnostic.

I've called just about every Mercedes dealer in the Chicago area, and I've been given the verbal equivalent of a blank stare with drooling. I've had the car for a couple weeks now, so the fact that I know more than the dealer scares me.

To the point: can I find idiot-proof instructions on how to code one or both of these things that I can just print off and hand to the dealer and say "DO THIS."? I was very impressed with a thread I found while searching the forums pertaining to lowering a W211, and it does explain the alarm setting, I just don't know if its the same for a W203. The thread, if it will let me post a link is here.

Better yet, does anyone know of someone in the Chicago area who actually knows what they're doing with this?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
10 speed bicycle
Not to clear on what you are asking as far as the phone buttons. You want to activate them for an aftermarket phone kit?? As far as the chirp, and this is just going from the top of my head, The REAR-SAM is the master of the alarm. They need to go into version coding in there and select ATA codings...it should be in there. As far as the phone buttons, that is coded in the cluster.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:11 PM

2007 Mercedes C230 Sport
Yes, I want the phone buttons activated for an aftermarket kit, and cluster makes sense, because I think it should also bring up an additional menu on the dash.

REAR-SAM is what was pointed to in the W211 thread I linked in, so I'm glad that's consistent.

The people I talked to on the phone seemed to be utterly clueless as to what I was even trying to accomplish, let alone how to do it (THESE SHOULD BE THE EXPERTS, NOT ME.), so I wonder if anyone has any tips for speaking dealer-ese to get this done quicker?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:23 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
10 speed bicycle
If they can't figure out hot to activate the phone buttons, they should not be working on benz's...via SDS access Control units > Information and communication > ICM > Control unit adaptations > Version coding > Optional equipment > Select "CTEL cellular telephone" > Set "CTEL cellular telephone" to PRESENT, then press F3 > F5: To save changes > F3: To transfer coding to control unit. The Chirp I don't remember off the top of my head word for word, but if they go in to rear sam/control unit adaptations, and ata coding it is in there somewhere...i've done it several times for customers.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:39 PM

2007 Mercedes C230 Sport
As for if they don't know how to do this, they shouldn't be working on benz's.. I totally agree. But I called like 4 or 5 dealers around here and got the same runaround. Kind of scary actually.

But in any case, that is exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks man!