C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Moldy smell from vents.. Want to spray Lysol into air intake.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300SD
also check and make sure that the drain for the evap. is not plugged as it will cause condensation to build in the evap. box and cause a moldy smell there is a drain line in the box if u can get to it spray some bleach in the box and it sould take car of it but i would make sure to let the car air out for a while
Old 08-16-2009, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E240
Originally Posted by brnbenz
also check and make sure that the drain for the evap. is not plugged as it will cause condensation to build in the evap. box and cause a moldy smell there is a drain line in the box if u can get to it spray some bleach in the box and it sould take car of it but i would make sure to let the car air out for a while
How to make sure that the drain for the evap. is not plugged? I cannot see it. I believe - open the hood, let it blow in the breeze and bask under the sun - does improve though not eliminate it once and for all entirely.

The air intake invents are forever locked in an enclosure sealed by rubber and covered by the hood. Thinnk about a room locked up and never used - open the window and let air in and the smell is gone.