C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

apparently somebody thinks a C class is not considered a mercedes benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Guest0001

apparently somebody thinks a C class is not considered a mercedes benz

i was holding my position and defending MB in a lexus thread and some idiot decides to come and say that a c class is not even considered a mercedes?!?!!?!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by apricotscrub
c32 amg is mercedes
c230 is not mercedes
c320 is closer but still not mercedes

lower-c classes are like the BMW's mini, since it would lower the image and prestige of BMW like the new C-class is lowering Mercedes Status, the mini was never given the BMW tag. Unfortunately mercedes thinks that a car with the MSRP under 25,000$ brand new is part of the fleet is too bad..

AMGS are definately mercedes, if not better, they take the Class and maximize it with the room they have, since its only a compact C-class, they fit the largest engine there and i would guess it would be quicker than a s500 and most other sports cars. The c230 is a joke, compact car and the smallest engine they could afford. Honestly, people who drive around in low end c-classes who feel like they are the **** is dispiccable. Its like a teenager who pimps out an integra or civic with exhaust noises, glowing wiper nozzles, and puts euro lights in the back and paints his white doors with blue flames. Oh yeah, and removes the airbag for a MoMo steering wheel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just want to break this guys face for such idiodic comments like this

mother****ers like these really **** me off!

anyways just wanted to let you guys know

i guess we dont drive a real mercedes guys !!!

EDIT- this guy drives a 2000 S430 and hes 18

Last edited by Guest0001; 03-08-2003 at 06:26 PM.

Old 03-08-2003, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Then I guess he doesn't want to hear my opinion on Lexus'.

Erik
Old 03-08-2003, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

That is simply a jealous lexus driver spouting.
Its akin to saying the 325i or 330i are not real BMWs but the M3 is . Maybe the ES300 and IS300 are'nt realy Lexus automobiles.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lexus'es are just Toyotas with fancier (bling-bling) trim. The cheapest Mercedes is still a Mercedes.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by Silver_Lana
That is simply a jealous lexus driver spouting.
Its akin to saying the 325i or 330i are not real BMWs but the M3 is . Maybe the ES300 and IS300 are'nt realy Lexus automobiles.
ud think that .

but he has an S430 and he is 18 yrs old. supposedly he paid for it.

Old 03-08-2003, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just out of curiosity, what board is this from?
Old 03-08-2003, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by noblert10
ud think that .

but he has an S430 and he is 18 yrs old. supposedly he paid for it.
The car doesn't always say much...if he bought it new, its another story. Retail on a used S430 isn't as shocking as the new sticker. At the same time, why did he go for the lowly 'S' when they make (made, whatever) a 5.0 and 6.0 V12 of his car...he got the tiny smallest they could find 4.3?

Erik
Old 03-08-2003, 06:23 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by Silver_Lana
Just out of curiosity, what board is this from?
this is on the off topic board, the thread "lexus"

Old 03-08-2003, 06:25 PM
J P

Re: apparently somebody thinks a C class is not considered a mercedes benz

A Lexus owner saying a C-Class isn't a Benz is a retard. Does he know cars sold as Lexus in N. America are sold as Toyota in Japan? LEXUS DOESN'T EXIST IN JAPAN, they're sold as Toyota. I think Lexus badged cars are still very good though.

The IS300 is a compact car, & isn't really faster than the C230 K. So by his rationale, ES300 & IS300 owners are posers.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Guest0001

Re: Re: apparently somebody thinks a C class is not considered a mercedes benz

Originally posted by J P
A Lexus owner saying a C-Class isn't a Benz is a retard. Does he know cars sold as Lexus in N. America are sold as Toyota in Japan? LEXUS DOESN'T EXIST IN JAPAN, they're sold as Toyota. I think Lexus badged cars are still very good though.

The IS300 is a compact car, & isn't really faster than the C230 K. So by his rationale, ES300 & IS300 owners are posers.
he has an s430, thats what bugs me, dissing others in the MB family

Old 03-08-2003, 06:46 PM

hmmm, looks like apricotscrub used to own a c230, or slk or whatever you want to call it, all the same car underneath. look here.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=26898
Old 03-08-2003, 06:47 PM
CRB

I think that what that idiot is trying to say is that the four-cylinder models are a break from the traditional offerings for Mercedes in the US market. A charge made by naysayers since the "baby Benz" came to this country. Moreover, hatchbacks are very much seen as economy cars in the United States market. Remember, BMW caught a wave of bile when they released the 318ti hatch a few years ago.

It will be interesting how much Daimler-Chrysler chooses emphasize the Teutonic underpinnings of the upcoming Crossfire. Also, I have read much on M-B forums disowning the future Pacifica-based and Alabama built Uber-wagon as "not really a Mercedes".

Q: What is a Mercedes?

A: A Mercedes is anything the DC execs decide they want to sell under this prestegious brand name.

Similarly, a case can be made that the ES300 and, to a lesser extent, the IS300 have credentials that are more in line with a Toyota product than Lexus' usual offerings. The IS300 is rear-wheel drive and the analog Altezza isn't offered in the US market. The ES300 is little more than a guilded Camry with xenons and a fancy stereo.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:52 PM

Cars
pos

dis guyz bein a hypocrit everything he said can be used against him except the mention of bein THE lowest model, he is the lowest model "s" and pretty much ALL of our C's can beat the S430 up til top end, my stock coupe could shut this guy up in a race and as for luxury and refinement look at every other car of c class size. Our cars are rated among the best of the best for their sizes. In no way can u consider our cars not authentic benzes, we can hold our own I think
Old 03-08-2003, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Either way, for what he paid for his 'loaded' S430 is what most of us paid for our New 'C's.

Erik
Old 03-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by nov0798
hmmm, looks like apricotscrub used to own a c230, or slk or whatever you want to call it, all the same car underneath. look here.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=26898

GOOD OBSERVATION nov0798

LMAOOO!

Old 03-08-2003, 07:09 PM

C230Kompressor
apricotscrub

Okay, here's one of his posts that I found. It's the full quote-I don't know how to quote from another forum. And he's talking about stuff people put on C classes??

_____

im gonna get 20" spinning chrome rims, they have good selection at superbuytires.com, make ur s-class stand out.
_____

There are a lot of other similar ones...
Old 03-08-2003, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: apricotscrub

Originally posted by KOMPRESSORnSC
Okay, here's one of his posts that I found. It's the full quote-I don't know how to quote from another forum. And he's talking about stuff people put on C classes??

_____

im gonna get 20" spinning chrome rims, they have good selection at superbuytires.com, make ur s-class stand out.
_____

20" spreewells could cost more then his car...lol

Erik
Old 03-08-2003, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
laughable

Don't react to imbeciles like that. I lived in Europe for 6 years and believe me, 50%+ of Benzes over there have fours in them - gas or Diesel - even the E Class. I suppose these are not real Benzes either.

With the massive amount of experience and wisdom conferred by 18 years of life, you'd think that Junior Lexus could have done better than that lame argument
Old 03-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Banned

W203
you said it!

Mike T.... I must say, you've added it up just right! Little peon that kid!
Old 03-08-2003, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Re: apricotscrub

Originally posted by KOMPRESSORnSC

_____

_____

Sounds to me like he wants to hang out with the *ricer* crowd and has a complex of not being good enough for CLASSY people like us. Just my $0.02 of course.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by CRB
I think that what that idiot is trying to say is that the four-cylinder models are a break from the traditional offerings for Mercedes in the US market.
Have you read any of this guy's history? He's not just stupid, he's thunderously outgunned in the brain department. And arrogant. Know it all. A kid who's parents provided him with too many dollars, and not enough intelligence. You name it...this guy deserves the abuse. I love the tire story...um, yeah.

The four cylinder benzes have been here for a LONG TIME. Get over it. Even the SLK that he field goaled thru the pine tree uprights was a FOUR CYLINDER.

A charge made by naysayers since the "baby Benz" came to this country. Moreover, hatchbacks are very much seen as economy cars in the United States market. Remember, BMW caught a wave of bile when they released the 318ti hatch a few years ago.

Old news. Remember the Corvette, the RSX, the Integra, the Celica, and a dozen others? All hatchbacks...but everyone of them is considered a Coupe by the auto press and the public. The only reason the Hatchback moniker gets brought up is because its a Mercedes. BMW's hatch failed because it was a crappy BMW. It used a weakling engine, the styling sucked, it was based on the last gen 3 series, not the one being sold at the time, and it was pretty pricey for what you got. It didn't fail because it was a Hatchback.

It will be interesting how much Daimler-Chrysler chooses emphasize the Teutonic underpinnings of the upcoming Crossfire. Also, I have read much on M-B forums disowning the future Pacifica-based and Alabama built Uber-wagon as "not really a Mercedes".
Crossfire is cool. The new Airflite(think four door crossfire-with a hatch no less) is even cooler. Regarding the Pacifica..its pretty neat, just seen it at the autoshow. I like it.

Are you talking about the GST? I don't think it uses the same platform. And if it does...well, so much the better for Chrysler buyers. I can't see why that's a problem. All the ******* in Acuraland flock for cars that are little more than overcooked Civics and Accords...infact, nearly everything in the Honda stable is based on the Accord and Civic.

Similarly, a case can be made that the ES300 and, to a lesser extent, the IS300 have credentials that are more in line with a Toyota product than Lexus' usual offerings. The IS300 is rear-wheel drive and the analog Altezza isn't offered in the US market. The ES300 is little more than a guilded Camry with xenons and a fancy stereo.
The IS300 is more of a performance oriented car than the LEXUS Camry, but much like the ES, it too is nothing special. Its still a Toyota. The entire lexus line is nothing more than Gilded Toyotas. Lexus isn't even a real car company...its just a marketing name, much like GEO was for Chevrolet.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:43 PM
taylor192

The Lexus IS300 is sold as the Toyota Altezza in Japan.

Lexus and Infiniti for example are 2 brands that do not exist in Japan, and therefore those that drive either are really driving a Toyota or Nissan.

Its funny how in North America everyone is so into "brand names" without truely knowing anything about what they are buying.

With this guys logic, the Mercedes A-class is a stepup from even the most expensive Toyota, Honda or Nissan... then again he might argue that a Benz is really a Chrysler...

Old 03-08-2003, 09:09 PM

2002 C230K
well, c'mon now folks, i mean the guy's gotta live with is stupidity for the rest of his life. so just let him feel special for awhile.

but yeah, i remember the post from when he crashed his slk. and his "movie memorabilia" (sp?). i still think it's a load of crock. and then he hit his s-class, recently. so really, how much more will our bashing him really do? he's screwed as is.

EDIT: also, he said he ordered his slk, and it arrived in 6 weeks. doesn't it take 3 months for delivery? anybody who ordered know the answer? just curious about that.

Last edited by dswildfire; 03-08-2003 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Nrm

02 - C320
Unfortunately mercedes thinks that a car with the MSRP under 25,000$ brand new is part of the fleet is too bad..
what is this guy smoking?? my benz was 44
and he drives an S430, thats just the first loser,
he needs to be shot.

edit: for the guy who asked about order time, my cousin ordered a slk 320 6-speed, it took about 3 months (little more)

Last edited by Nrm; 03-08-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:39 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by Nrm
what is this guy smoking?? my benz was 44
and he drives an S430, thats just the first loser,
he needs to be shot.
same here about 45

he has the lowest s class, its pretty slow

lets get the shotguns

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: apparently somebody thinks a C class is not considered a mercedes benz