C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Maintence B Questions

Old 05-30-2010, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230 SS
Maintence B Questions

My car is about due for Service B and I was wondering if I could get some recommendations of good dealers I should take it to(LA/SoCal area). I've dealt with both Mercedes Benz of Southbay and WI Simonson, and both are just awful. So hopefully if some of you here in SoCal can give me some good recommendations I'd gladly appreciate it.

I have another question regarding the service itself. I took my car to get the taillights tinted and the guy offered to de-badge my vehicle as well free of charge. I was thinking hey, this is a great deal might as well go for it, but when I came back there were visible scratches and paint chipping around the previous spots.. I guess if you want something done right, do it yourself, huh? So I'm wondering, Mercedes will take care of this and repair the paint damage since my vehicle is under full warranty?

Anyways, thanks in advance for your inputs.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
why would Mercedes cover your paint if it is damage done by you? If you search around here there are a few threads about dealers in southern CA and some good INdys. GL
Old 05-30-2010, 09:06 PM

2007 C230 SS
Originally Posted by samaritrey
why would Mercedes cover your paint if it is damage done by you? If you search around here there are a few threads about dealers in southern CA and some good INdys. GL
First of all, it wasn't done by me, but yes obviously there's no way to prove that. I guess I'll have to give the SAs a call because I remember hearing they address minor cosmetic issues to the paint if the vehicle is under warranty regardless.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
The workers at W.I. Simonson are crooks!!

I have had very bad experience with all the dealers that I have went to. As for the scratch/paint chip no way will they take care of it under warranty.

F W.I. Simonson
F European Keyes
F House of Import
(worst to bad)
Old 05-31-2010, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

THE C350
LOL Karo so have any good places to go in your neck of the woods?
alpha.benz i hope you didn't take my response the wrong way i was just having some fun. From my experience with dealers if you have either been a really nice guy to your service adviser or bought a lot of cars from that dealer then they help you out. Otherwise you are screwed. I have built a relationship with my service adviser who has done a lot of goodwill work for me even after my 100k warranty expired. He did some work for me at about 125k lol What you do is give them gift cards and call the head manager just to tell them how your SA is great lol. I recommend a good Indy for everything but warranty work. I still use my dealership because they have never given me a reason not to but most dealers seem to either really suck or be really good you just have to talk to people and find out which ones are good. GL
Old 05-31-2010, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Well W.I. Simonson is where I got my car from and they were bsing me to buying stupid service and get extended warranty and literally lying to my face.

Keyes European was stupid because had to take my transmission 3 times before they were convinced that they need to change valve body. They said my oil consumption is fine. Topped it off and told me to come back. They checked with dipstick and said it's fine without doing a road test or measuring oil.

House of Imports said the same thing althought they did do a consumption test and they said .4 quarts I am burning every 1k mile and this is fine. I didn't think so since none of the m272 guys have this issue. Then when my warranty was running out I was desperate and checked whole engine for leaks and found it. So they were stupid because they didn't even look at the car.

I've had bad experience with all these dealers. STAR in Glendale is the worst one. A lot of people I know have the worst thing to say about them.

In the end I say F them all. They are all crooks.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Originally Posted by Karo
Well W.I. Simonson is where I got my car from and they were bsing me to buying stupid service and get extended warranty and literally lying to my face.

Keyes European was stupid because had to take my transmission 3 times before they were convinced that they need to change valve body. They said my oil consumption is fine. Topped it off and told me to come back. They checked with dipstick and said it's fine without doing a road test or measuring oil.

House of Imports said the same thing althought they did do a consumption test and they said .4 quarts I am burning every 1k mile and this is fine. I didn't think so since none of the m272 guys have this issue. Then when my warranty was running out I was desperate and checked whole engine for leaks and found it. So they were stupid because they didn't even look at the car.

I've had bad experience with all these dealers. STAR in Glendale is the worst one. A lot of people I know have the worst thing to say about them.

In the end I say F them all. They are all crooks.
I meant a good Indy or someplace good to go
Old 05-31-2010, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
The best place to go is MBWorld

Invest in SDS, WIS, EPC and join MBWorld and you'll most likely fix any problem especially with Glyn and the mini Glyns on the forum
Old 05-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Originally Posted by Karo
The best place to go is MBWorld

Invest in SDS, WIS, EPC and join MBWorld and you'll most likely fix any problem especially with Glyn and the mini Glyns on the forum
what if you are lazy?
Old 05-31-2010, 04:35 PM

2005 C320 Sport, 2010 C300 Sport
I've said this b4, but I still like West Covina Penske.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:09 AM

'05 C320
Originally Posted by nrg_mike
I've said this b4, but I still like West Covina Penske.
+1
I have been to Penske in West Covina, Anaheim (formerly Caliber Motor in Anaheim Hills), Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach.
I had the best experiences in getting the repairs completed to my satisfaction at Penske.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:14 AM

2005 C320 Sport, 2010 C300 Sport
I esp like how the new West Covina Penske has a service side only. It's got so much space dedicated to taking care of you. The only thing I do miss is being able to walk the showroom while waiting for service.