C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Beasley's 2006 C350 6MT Thread, come one, come all!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
I apologize for the quality. Took these obviously at night under harsh lighting with a shotty camera. Attempted without the flash, but couldnt hold still enough without blur. One is from my phone, which turned out better than the others from my camera, go figure.

Just bought my wife a new camera, so tomorrow new ones under the sun... just couldn't resist gettin an updated pic up.

The Roland Grill, Euro Impact Strips, and 07 Wheel swap
At this point I realise it may look cleaner with the flat hood emblem, but Im a little partial to the signifigance of the standing star.
(more fun to come soon)

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Beasley's 2006 C350 6MT Thread, come one, come all!-0_image_010.jpg   Beasley's 2006 C350 6MT Thread, come one, come all!-hpim1208.jpg  

Last edited by cpbeasley; 12-27-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 C230K, 2016 Honda CR-V, '74 Lotus Europa
Looking good (in spite of the lighting!)
Old 12-27-2010, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
damn bro looking good man.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Banned

smanks fellas! trying my best to keep it clean and unique, round 1 of the mods has officially begun
Old 12-28-2010, 03:40 AM

'13 F10 535i / '05 W211 E55
very clean
i think a flat hood badge would look real good and maybe a cf lip to match the grille? other than that, great start man!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Projector lights...make that front look mean!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sb.legacy
very clean
i think a flat hood badge would look real good and maybe a cf lip to match the grille? other than that, great start man!
Thanks sb! Someday I'll cave and get a flat hood badge (waiting for someone to make a solid black one with just the merc emblem), I just enjoy seeing the star out of the corner of my eye too much... its good for pretending like its a corsshair that missles can fire out of, and I just am a sucker for the legacy of the standing star. A star somewhere on the front of the car has always been a benz thing, I hate to rob its identity....yet

As far as the cf lip, my one man jury is still out on that, but I agree it would look good.

Originally Posted by Karo
Projector lights...make that front look mean!!!
Ya, as soon as I saw these pics, I was reminded of how mean a set of proj would transform the front end. My buddy ND2020 has done the Depo/DDM thing and it just looks phenomenal in person.
I was trying to hold out for used bi-x, but I just cant justify the money right now when the extra could go towards so many other things other than bragging rights and a spread pattern of light that Ive never in my life ever cared about.
Im prolly going to take my chances with the D2S Depo as opposed to the H7. Supposedly may have a better cutoff and pattern.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by cpbeasley
Thanks sb! Someday I'll cave and get a flat hood badge (waiting for someone to make a solid black one with just the merc emblem), I just enjoy seeing the star out of the corner of my eye too much... its good for pretending like its a corsshair that missles can fire out of, and I just am a sucker for the legacy of the standing star. A star somewhere on the front of the car has always been a benz thing, I hate to rob its identity....yet

As far as the cf lip, my one man jury is still out on that, but I agree it would look good.

Yeah, I liked mine cause I could gauge how close I was to other cars' bumpers.
I'm not sold on the cf lips.. most are bad fitment but if you can find a good one I think it would look great on yours. I'm probably gonna go with a color matched FRP lip.

As for the projectors you should definitely go DEPO. You can always retrofit FX-Rs in those and you'd have better cutoff/beam pattern than OEM Bi-X at a fraction of the cost.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 c230

Ya, as soon as I saw these pics, I was reminded of how mean a set of proj would transform the front end. My buddy ND2020 has done the Depo/DDM thing and it just looks phenomenal in person.
I was trying to hold out for used bi-x, but I just cant justify the money right now when the extra could go towards so many other things other than bragging rights and a spread pattern of light that Ive never in my life ever cared about.
Im prolly going to take my chances with the D2S Depo as opposed to the H7. Supposedly may have a better cutoff and pattern.
Dude the D2S one on eBay? I've been looking at them too! If you do get it, you should let me know how they work. I'm just stuck on finding an installer who would do it without charging more than the headlight itself! Lol!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sb.legacy

Yeah, I liked mine cause I could gauge how close I was to other cars' bumpers.
I'm not sold on the cf lips.. most are bad fitment but if you can find a good one I think it would look great on yours. I'm probably gonna go with a color matched FRP lip.

As for the projectors you should definitely go DEPO. You can always retrofit FX-Rs in those and you'd have better cutoff/beam pattern than OEM Bi-X at a fraction of the cost.
Ya my biggest concern was the fitment... I know most people 'make' them work, but I cant STAND a part that doesn't fit well... I would know and it would bug da crap outta me.
What is FRP? Does it fit well unlike the other cheapos?
As with the grille, if I did one, I'd paint it too. Probably a vinyl flat black. Im a sucker for that color as an accent.

Originally Posted by xzstarszx
Dude the D2S one on eBay? I've been looking at them too! If you do get it, you should let me know how they work. I'm just stuck on finding an installer who would do it without charging more than the headlight itself! Lol!
Ya the D2S set on ebay that all comes ready to plug n play. I emailed the seller and he swore up and down that the picture of cutoff and spread was a customer of his who was local, and sold the pair to him personally. Im not going to count on it looking that nice, but Im probably going to pull the trigger soon, so I'll keep this thread updated!
THe headlights arent too difficult other than just time and patience. some basic tools and a few hours and you're good. good luck!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:50 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor
I apologize for the quality. Took these obviously at night under harsh lighting with a shotty camera. Attempted without the flash, but couldnt hold still enough without blur. One is from my phone, which turned out better than the others from my camera, go figure.

Just bought my wife a new camera, so tomorrow new ones under the sun... just couldn't resist gettin an updated pic up.

The Roland Grill, Euro Impact Strips, and 07 Wheel swap
At this point I realise it may look cleaner with the flat hood emblem, but Im a little partial to the signifigance of the standing star.
(more fun to come soon)

Enjoy

Bro, i am digging you grill a lot. Roland grill on ebay? how's the fitment? I agree on the flat badge like the others

Car is looking good and clean man.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Headlights are easy you need like 3 tools and an hour of time
Ok well maybe two hours since i have taken out my headlights like 3 times and another members once.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hcalvarez
Bro, i am digging you grill a lot. Roland grill on ebay? how's the fitment? I agree on the flat badge like the others

Car is looking good and clean man.
Thanks h to the c!

Ya, tell me about it, I'm in love with this grille dude! The fitment is 10/10! I was totally shocked. I inquired to Roland about the grille, and found out it's the same company that made his, they just decided to start making it for sale on ebay! It took a trip to ACE Hardware to get some hardware to attach it as the holes weren't threaded (however they were SPOT ON), and had to place a couple washers in b/w the grille backing and the hood to make it PERFECT, but it wasn't difficult at all. I just watched the Ace guy put some square clip-on speed washer nuts over the holes matched to new screws, and all was good in the hood. Quality wise, I was shocked. The gel coat is beautiful, it's totally symmetrical, and fits the contours of the car. I love the CL grille but wanted a starless variant, the ED grille was affordable in the flat black finish only after mbworld discount, and was concerned about earlier frustrations people had with it. It was easy to ignore concerns about ebay products at that point. The sellers are good people too man. Took about 10 days to get it in from Taiwan.
I recommend it 110%, but the buyer has to not be afraid of getting creative with new mounting hardware.

some depos and my front end is done for time being. maybe flat badge and a front lip at some point but not in a hurry for those. And ya flat badge would be clean but like I said, I kinda have an old school attitude about keeping the standing star for now.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:21 AM

2003 c240
that carbon fiber grill looks great on your car. Goes perfect with the paint color. It's coming along nicely.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:41 AM

Ya my biggest concern was the fitment... I know most people 'make' them work, but I cant STAND a part that doesn't fit well... I would know and it would bug da crap outta me.
What is FRP? Does it fit well unlike the other cheapos?
As with the grille, if I did one, I'd paint it too. Probably a vinyl flat black. Im a sucker for that color as an accent.
Yeah, I know what you mean the fitment is awful because they're just replicas of a replica. Some better than others but not always fully perfect.

JL-Motoring sells front lip molds which all you have to do is basically paint them and bolt them on(FRP). Those do come out to be more expensive, though. Nothing but good reviews from him. Heres the link: https://mbworld.org/forums/exterior-...k-spoiler.html
Old 12-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Keep your eyes open for a set of genuine BiX.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Keep your eyes open for a set of genuine BiX.
+1
they are not really that expensive last week i saw a set of bix on ebay sell for like $480 perfect condition. i almost bought them to sell on here but decided that i should pay matt and drew off
Old 12-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Screw Matt and Drew - aren't sets usually going for $1100-1500?
Old 12-29-2010, 04:08 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor
Thanks h to the c!

Ya, tell me about it, I'm in love with this grille dude! The fitment is 10/10! I was totally shocked. I inquired to Roland about the grille, and found out it's the same company that made his, they just decided to start making it for sale on ebay! It took a trip to ACE Hardware to get some hardware to attach it as the holes weren't threaded (however they were SPOT ON), and had to place a couple washers in b/w the grille backing and the hood to make it PERFECT, but it wasn't difficult at all. I just watched the Ace guy put some square clip-on speed washer nuts over the holes matched to new screws, and all was good in the hood. Quality wise, I was shocked. The gel coat is beautiful, it's totally symmetrical, and fits the contours of the car. I love the CL grille but wanted a starless variant, the ED grille was affordable in the flat black finish only after mbworld discount, and was concerned about earlier frustrations people had with it. It was easy to ignore concerns about ebay products at that point. The sellers are good people too man. Took about 10 days to get it in from Taiwan.
I recommend it 110%, but the buyer has to not be afraid of getting creative with new mounting hardware.

some depos and my front end is done for time being. maybe flat badge and a front lip at some point but not in a hurry for those. And ya flat badge would be clean but like I said, I kinda have an old school attitude about keeping the standing star for now.

Cool man. good info to hear. i actually saved the link that he recommended on his thread, but wanted to see it on our color (pewter). it really does look good man. i guess one more thing to spend on again, i'll probably start with my diffuser first then move on to this.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Originally Posted by tommy
Screw Matt and Drew - aren't sets usually going for $1100-1500?
Sedan sets i see usually go for like $700
Coupe sets are so rare last one i saw went for like $950

But if someone offered me $1100-$1500 for my bix they would be off my car so fast and i would of had bix for like two years and doubled my money
so any offers they have brand new Philips bulbs and one light has a new igniter

Last edited by samaritrey; 12-29-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 597 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Originally Posted by tommy
Screw Matt and Drew
He'll take care of that when he visits..

Old 12-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
He'll take care of that when he visits..

Old 12-30-2010, 02:43 PM

2007 c230
Originally Posted by samaritrey
Headlights are easy you need like 3 tools and an hour of time
Ok well maybe two hours since i have taken out my headlights like 3 times and another members once.
Haha man I'm a college student living away from home. I don't have the space, tools, and time to do it myself. I wish I could though..
Old 12-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Haha man I'm a college student living away from home. I don't have the space, tools, and time to do it myself. I wish I could though..
where are you located. you might be able to find a member local that could help out
Old 12-31-2010, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
grill looks good!! glad they hooked you up a little too. CF lip will look awesome...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beasley's 2006 C350 6MT Thread, come one, come all!