Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W203)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sponsored by : My Mercedes Parts
Click Here

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #1

Drives: none
Smile maybe a new c class owner...need help

hey everyone my names dino and i know this may be weird but i joined here because im going to be (well trying to) buy a 2004 c230 kompressor on monday..i been looking at the c class models ever since i sold my old car..well anyways about the talking here is what i need help with

i wanna know what should i check on the car before i buy it i know tires brakes if everything works such as the windows but im not to familiar with this car so i just wanna make sure i get a nice deal on it and dont get ripped off with a lemon or something at the end....

i checked the cars carfax..everything seems ok..but it didn't pass emission test on 2008 should i be worried?

and its a low mile car only 29K on it and its an o4 is that a good thing or bad...?

thanks for reading hopefully someone could help me out and hopefully monday i will have the car
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

xxdjdinot1989xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #2

Drives: 2004.5 c230k
if i were you, id check the vin with AutoCheck instead. I've done a few cross checks with carfax and autocheck for some cars and found some things on the cars that didn't show on carfax.
niceguyftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguyftx View Post
if i were you, id check the vin with AutoCheck instead. I've done a few cross checks with carfax and autocheck for some cars and found some things on the cars that didn't show on carfax.
ok cool thanks for the info i figured it was only carfax that provided info such as a cars history
Old 08-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: e36 318i, 2004 sti
https://www.facebook.com/tim.hall.980 HK SHIFTY
Cross checking autocheck and carfax works GREAT.

I would deff look and feel around it to see if its been re painted to. Sometimes cars will have low miles because they were wrecked and havent been drivin much after and can also be in worst condition than a car with more mileage.. Im not saying this is the case but its something to look out for.. Also that engine seems to be a great engine. We had a 05 230k with 115k it ran amazing! Just take care of it and it will take care of you.
MBfinatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBfinatic View Post
Cross checking autocheck and carfax works GREAT.

I would deff look and feel around it to see if its been re painted to. Sometimes cars will have low miles because they were wrecked and havent been drivin much after and can also be in worst condition than a car with more mileage.. Im not saying this is the case but its something to look out for.. Also that engine seems to be a great engine. We had a 05 230k with 115k it ran amazing! Just take care of it and it will take care of you.

yeah that's what im really worrying about that it had some type of problem and it wasn't driven due to it...hope not..

but i will for sure check to see if it has been repainted

i wish i could afford to check on autotcheck just to make sure everything is ok...but i guess the carfax will be enough
Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: Nike Turbo Shox
Send a message via AIM to OneOfaKindTrini
Buy a 05.

Mods- CL-Grille, Flat Hood Badge, HID's REMOVED, AZN 194 City Led's, LED License Plate, Xenon=Present..

Future Mods- none.
OneOfaKindTrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM