C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Thermotronic ** blows air only by the feet **

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 KOMPRESSOR SPORT W203
Thermotronic ** blows air only by the feet **

Good afternoon guys , this is my first post and wanted to consult an inconvenience before falling into the official agency. I have a C200 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (sedan w203 ) 2006 . We replace the original stereo and place a DNX890HD KENWOOD , In order to do this I had to disassemble the entire center console including THERMOTRONIC , my mistake was to test if it worked Stereo plug after I put the car in contact but had the THERMOTRONIC module offline for that reason the ECU not recognized . Upon completion of the installation all plugged everything and put in place works wonders again unless the air strip only THERMOTRONIC feet and not by the upper and front grilles . I have consulted and informed me that I deprogrammed the THERMOTRONIC I have to reschedule with Scanner ( star diagnosis ) . But my question is since I have passed the same drawback same in another car VW brand . It can be programmed from the keypad THERMOTRONIC same with some key sequence ? Hey tried pulling the desmpañador back and front at the same time and lights thermotrinic start titial like this entrarara in algua sequence programming . But the problem was solved . Someone would give me some help ?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:16 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
'05 S430, '05 S600
What? Como dice? Anyways... I think you're trying to say that you installed a radio and took the dash apart to do so and then to test the radio install you turned the key to the on position but the climatronic was not connected so it lost it's programming and afterwards it only blew air from the footwell. You've been told that you need STAR/dealership to get this fixed? Well, then I think you said you ran the sync mode and it now works? I'll answer based on what I think you said.

Yes, you should be able to re-sync the climatronic without STAR/dealership by pressing and holding down BOTH the front defrost AND recirc buttons until the lights start blinking. Then it will take anywhere between 30 seconds to a minute and stop on it's own. If it doesn't stop after about a minute and just keeps on going then something is wrong. If it stops on it's own then everything is fine. Good luck!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by turbonos7
What? Como dice? Anyways... I think you're trying to say that you installed a radio and took the dash apart to do so and then to test the radio install you turned the key to the on position but the climatronic was not connected so it lost it's programming and afterwards it only blew air from the footwell. You've been told that you need STAR/dealership to get this fixed? Well, then I think you said you ran the sync mode and it now works? I'll answer based on what I think you said.

Yes, you should be able to re-sync the climatronic without STAR/dealership by pressing and holding down BOTH the front defrost AND recirc buttons until the lights start blinking. Then it will take anywhere between 30 seconds to a minute and stop on it's own. If it doesn't stop after about a minute and just keeps on going then something is wrong. If it stops on it's own then everything is fine. Good luck!
It's exactly what I meant. unless they did not know how to reprogram from botonoes. I'll try it now to see what happens. Thank you very much for correcting my English
Old 10-30-2013, 03:14 PM

2003 C230 Kompressor
Try to reset the steeper motor Press re-circulation and the rear defrost at the same time when you turn on you ignition and walaaaa.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:48 PM

w203 c200k, Mondeo, Taunus
walaaa

Originally Posted by greenv
Try to reset the steeper motor Press re-circulation and the rear defrost at the same time when you turn on you ignition and walaaaa.
Do these combinations have different jobs? can you explain to me?

thanks

1)reset the steeper motor Press re-circulation and the REAR defrost at the same time

2)re-sync the steeper motor Press re-circulation and the FRONT defrost at the same time
Old 09-21-2014, 05:15 PM

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 GLA 250, 2011 C63 P31 (p30 w/ lsd) (in repair), 2005 C230 Sport Eurocharged, 2003 C320~sold
I don't think the rear defrost does anything---it's the 2 buttons that are next to each other as in this pic

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 2517
Size:  15.7 KB
Old 09-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Its only one test not two different ones.
Just hit and hold down both the buttons circled above at the same time and then release once lights start flashing it moves the steeper motors through their entire range and stops after about 30-50 seconds. If you hear clicking noises in the dash and the lights never stop flashing back and forth then you have an issue with a motor or linkage.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:32 PM

Guys, after investigating disarmament everything and the only problem was that there was attached a small card that was in the TERMOTRONIC has 2, a large and a small 4-pin , small not install it and did not realize that he went to the bottom of the console and did not see it . Reconnect this ( after walking 4 months with the AC throwing me by the feet ) hahaha .. And I could solve the problem. Anyway thank you very much for your great attitude !!
Old 09-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
LOL I think many people that have taken apart the dash have done the same thing myself included I also broke mine and had to go crazy with super glue to fix it.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:53 PM

When I realized that there was no cable connected, I thought ... I'm an ******* hahaha