C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Performance Software Re-Flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Sport
Performance Software Re-Flash

Hey guys!
Does anyone know of any company who offers performance software upgrades for my 06 C230 2.5L?
I'm aware of Renntech but I do not believe they have anything for this particular model. Fabtech-Performance,LLC. offers a re-flash for an additional 20 HP but the ECU has to be sent to them. Not sure the 20 HP & 19 Ft Lb torque is worth the $500.00. Has anyone ever dealt with Fabtech-Performance or had their software installed in their car? Especially a C230 2.5. This car is slow beyond belief and any increase in HP is needed greatly!
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:14 PM
VVF
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
2005 C230K(sold), Mk7 Jetta
Eurocharged did remote flashes AFAIK, and should be cheaper. There is another company but I forget the name... Upd: OETuning
Old 10-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
For a Mercedes, you're going to have to dial back your expectations. $500 for 20 hp isn't bad at all.

I'd prefer to see dynos, though; I'm not sure that your engine could be retuned to that add'l hp.
I have OE Tuning, and have been happy with it. Eurocharged, though, can be done remotely and reflashes are cheap.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:03 PM

C230 Sport
Originally Posted by tommy
For a Mercedes, you're going to have to dial back your expectations. $500 for 20 hp isn't bad at all.

I'd prefer to see dynos, though; I'm not sure that your engine could be retuned to that add'l hp.
I have OE Tuning, and have been happy with it. Eurocharged, though, can be done remotely and reflashes are cheap.
I agree, I'd like to see it on a dyno. I don't really expect too much out of this car. Actually i wasn't sure the OEM MB software was able to be tuned figuring MB had it pretty well locked up. Probably 20 HP is best I can expect if legit!
Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:27 PM

C230 Sport
Originally Posted by VVF
Eurocharged did remote flashes AFAIK, and should be cheaper. There is another company but I forget the name... Upd: OETuning
Thanks, I contacted OETuning. They seem to have the most to offer. Not sure 10-15 HP & not much more torque is worth the $$$. Would like to hear from someone who has actually flashed one of these very slow & heavy cars. But I supposed even though this is a "Sport" model, most people don't drive a MB for thrilling acceleration.
Thanks for the info!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:36 PM
VVF
MBWorld Fanatic!

They may or may not alter the torque curve, so it might feel faster at lower RPM.

Lol, why is everybody so pissed with "slow" acceleration?
Are you racing on the streets or something?
I find it more than adequate, and I rarely rev above 5k.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:56 PM

C230 Sport
Originally Posted by VVF
They may or may not alter the torque curve, so it might feel faster at lower RPM.

Lol, why is everybody so pissed with "slow" acceleration?
Are you racing on the streets or something?
I find it more than adequate, and I rarely rev above 5k.
I'm not pissed with slow acceleration and I don't race on the streets. But I do appreciate a car that can pass another car when I want it to. I rarely rev beyond 5k either. Perhaps your supercharged M272 gives you a little more low end. My normally aspirated car basically can't get out of it's own way. And it is actually running great! Never meant to be a race car, I know.
According to OETuning, they do alter the torque curve and increase throttle response. May still not be worth the money for what you get.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:52 AM
VVF
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you are talking about passing on the highway etc, a tune won't help. That's transmission taking its time downshifting. I have a tune and it's all the same. I guess planning ahead works with these transmissions. (Or I might be wrong and V6's are that much worse...)

BTW,
Your motor: 181 ft-lbs. @ 2700 rpm;
Mine: 192 @3500.

V6 should have a bit more punch from low rpms I'd guess...
Old 10-22-2014, 09:07 AM

C230 Sport
Originally Posted by VVF
If you are talking about passing on the highway etc, a tune won't help. That's transmission taking its time downshifting. I have a tune and it's all the same. I guess planning ahead works with these transmissions. (Or I might be wrong and V6's are that much worse...)

BTW,
Your motor: 181 ft-lbs. @ 2700 rpm;
Mine: 192 @3500.

V6 should have a bit more punch from low rpms I'd guess...
Where I live there are mostly 2 lane country roads. It is very scenic. So you get stuck behind someone doing 35mph in a 45 - 55 mph zone. Now I generally drive with the transmission in "S" mode but don't use the gears too much. So as it kicks down the car is pretty lame, almost like turbo lag! (not quite)
I also own a more powerful sports car and so perhaps I'm expecting too much. But I was hoping that some additional HP/TQ might make my passing experience in this car a little more pleasurable. I've owned this car for 6 years, maybe I'm just getting old!

What you wrote about the V6 having more low end punch makes sense, but I believe this engine has always been regarded as a dog. Correct me if I'm wrong. And yes, after I wrote it before I realized your car has a different motor than mine. My bad!