C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Goodbye :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Coupe
Goodbye :(

Hi all,

Over the last week, my beloved 2002 C230 coupe has been written off.

Since I picked it up 6 years ago, Ive put over 100K KM on it with minimal maintenance. It was my first car and it treated me very well, and it made me learn a bunch about cars.

It is now 13 years old, has 240K KM on the clock and still rides and looks like a beaut.

Anyway, over the last 6 years, Ive learnt a lot from you guys and have met quite a few of you in person. Just wanted to say thanks for being so awesome and helpful. My experience with this car wouldn't have been the same without you.

The car and all of you will live on in my heart! Drive on!

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Goodbye :(-daedalus-016.jpg  
Old 04-23-2015, 10:39 PM
pcy
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
'14 ML350, '13 C220 CDI, '07 C280, '98 ML320
What car are you buying?

Whatever you get, enjoy your ride. Take care.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:17 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 C230 Sports Coupe, Paprika Metallic Red, Auto, Pano, Leather
Greetings JCNash,

Huh? What do you mean, your coupe been written off,... what happened???

Oh man,... another coupe gone,... and a local Toronto coupe too,... and a black on black too,... soo sad to hear you're leaving us,... But you did make the right move,... from Ottawa to Toronto,... even though Ottawa has a real NHL hockey team - hey, Sens are still in the playoffs,... I can't even remember when was the last time Toronto Maple Leafs even made the playoffs!

Not many people could say their first car was a Mercedes! There's lots of information on these forums but members have to be open to learning as well,... and you certainly did learn because you asked a lot of questions,... yeah, these cars are getting old but you still managed to put on some decent mileage on her,..

thanks,
SunnyRayToronto
Old 04-24-2015, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 188 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
It was a pleasure.

What happened to the car?
Old 04-24-2015, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Geez, I remember when you first came in here. Long live the Coupes.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Good luck with whatever you do with your next car. If you need HIDs for that one, I'll be in Toronto in July.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hit and run while the car was parked. Damage to both sides of the car and the rear. Insurance deemed the cost of repair to be higher than the value of the car (go figure!) and wrote it off as a total loss.

Its still perfectly driveable, but it is what it is I guess. They offered me a pretty fair price, so figured this is my opportunity to pick up something else newer.

Too bad because I replaced the ENTIRE front suspension (all control arms and steetring components other than the rack), put brand new brakes and rotors and replaced all fluids on it about 6-8 months back.

This car has handled everything from being a passenger car to an apartment moving van to a 7 person bus like a champ, only for some idiot to damage it while it was parked!

Thinking of picking up something a little bigger (maybe a 2011-2012 GLK or ML) with 4-matic to deal with our crazy Canadian winters...although I must say the Audi Qs look pretty interesting as well. Also still saving up for a post-LCI BMW M4, but for the next couple months, Im going to be car-less.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SunnyRayToronto
Greetings JCNash,

But you did make the right move,... from Ottawa to Toronto,... even though Ottawa has a real NHL hockey team - hey, Sens are still in the playoffs,... I can't even remember when was the last time Toronto Maple Leafs even made the playoffs!

thanks,
SunnyRayToronto
Haha absolutely SunnyRay!

So glad I moved to Toronto...but that was 5 years back in 2010! Guess what I used to move my entire apartment??....the good ol' coupe!

I had so many boxes in her that the rear wheels were almost scraping the fender...and I have stock suspension!
Old 04-24-2015, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tommy
Good luck with whatever you do with your next car. If you need HIDs for that one, I'll be in Toronto in July.
Definitely Tommy! Although you dont need to bring me HIDs to get together. Look me up when youre in town..Im still at the same #.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PS: I will also have some parts laying around if anyone is interested.

1. Clear coupe headlights with DDM Tuning 55W 6000K HIDs and LED city lights installed.
2. Brand new (never used) front coil springs from 2005+ sport suspension
3. AVIC F-700BT nav system with all wiring harnesses and the Scosche double din trim surround.
4. Other parts coming soon.

Going pretty cheap...ping me if interested.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I'll definitely let you know when I'm up. I'll be in the crx, though, livin' life a quarter mile at a time.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:06 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 C230 Sports Coupe, Paprika Metallic Red, Auto, Pano, Leather
Oh, crap,... there's a hit and run coupe killer on the loose in Toronto.

JCNash, I have a beef with you and MBWorld! We both joined MBWorld in May 2009. Since this was your first car, you had lots of questions, posted lots of question and over time as you became more familiar with Mercedes - you started providing answers and tutorials too! And now with over a thousand posts JCNash is a "MBWorld Fanatic!". I've been driving since the late 80's and consider myself a jack-of-all-trade problem-solver,... thus I tend to post answers to posters' problems,... many of them longer, well thought out and in greater detail,... but I have less than a thousand posts and I'm only considered a mere mortal "Super Member",... Oh, of all the injustice of this MBWorld!!! ;P

Since the coupe was your first car, you seem to be a young guy,... and going from coupe to 4-door SUV means you're either already there or within the next 5 years or so entering the next phase of your life where you really need that extra space for a family with kids and stuff,... not just moving from one city to another. With that in mind you want something that's reliable, don't depreciate too much, age gracefully and will last in the long run,... right now, I'm still talking about a vehicle not girls!

As you recall, your first few winters in Toronto was quite mild,... typically cycle with a few snowy days and then it'll warm up and basically all the snow will melt,... and each snow-melt cycle would last about a week or two. But these last 2 winters have been brutal, with ice storm, polar vortex and snowmageddon. And Toronto was in a constant deep freeze for the entire months of January and February. And this isn't just Toronto,... seems to be severe climate changes throughout Canada, USA,..and many parts of the world. Thus, it makes sense to go SUV,... something higher off the ground with better sightlines and more torque to handle the snow and ice. The cost is SUV usually have poorer gas mileage, especially bigger heavier SUV. Personally, if I went SUV, I'd look for a smaller more maneuverable SUV,... and something with rubber side skirts and rubber fender liner-lips - so that any ice, snow, salty water, etc,.. that gets kicked up by the wheels just drips right off the vehicle without ever contacting any metal body.

I'd be interested in:
- various LED lights with drain resistors or without
- gloss black silver arrow grille
- front coil springs from 2005+ sport suspension
Old 04-27-2015, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SunnyRayToronto
Oh, crap,... there's a hit and run coupe killer on the loose in Toronto.

JCNash, I have a beef with you and MBWorld! We both joined MBWorld in May 2009. Since this was your first car, you had lots of questions, posted lots of question and over time as you became more familiar with Mercedes - you started providing answers and tutorials too! And now with over a thousand posts JCNash is a "MBWorld Fanatic!". I've been driving since the late 80's and consider myself a jack-of-all-trade problem-solver,... thus I tend to post answers to posters' problems,... many of them longer, well thought out and in greater detail,... but I have less than a thousand posts and I'm only considered a mere mortal "Super Member",... Oh, of all the injustice of this MBWorld!!! ;P

Since the coupe was your first car, you seem to be a young guy,... and going from coupe to 4-door SUV means you're either already there or within the next 5 years or so entering the next phase of your life where you really need that extra space for a family with kids and stuff,... not just moving from one city to another. With that in mind you want something that's reliable, don't depreciate too much, age gracefully and will last in the long run,... right now, I'm still talking about a vehicle not girls!

As you recall, your first few winters in Toronto was quite mild,... typically cycle with a few snowy days and then it'll warm up and basically all the snow will melt,... and each snow-melt cycle would last about a week or two. But these last 2 winters have been brutal, with ice storm, polar vortex and snowmageddon. And Toronto was in a constant deep freeze for the entire months of January and February. And this isn't just Toronto,... seems to be severe climate changes throughout Canada, USA,..and many parts of the world. Thus, it makes sense to go SUV,... something higher off the ground with better sightlines and more torque to handle the snow and ice. The cost is SUV usually have poorer gas mileage, especially bigger heavier SUV. Personally, if I went SUV, I'd look for a smaller more maneuverable SUV,... and something with rubber side skirts and rubber fender liner-lips - so that any ice, snow, salty water, etc,.. that gets kicked up by the wheels just drips right off the vehicle without ever contacting any metal body.

I'd be interested in:
- various LED lights with drain resistors or without
- gloss black silver arrow grille
- front coil springs from 2005+ sport suspension
Hey SunnyRay...out of those 1000 posts, Im sure a majority of them were me asking a whole bunch of questions rather than providing answers. You're getting pretty close to MB World Fanatic status though!

Exactly my thoughts regarding the SUV. I also do a bunch of camping/roadtrips every summer and the larger, roomier SUV would definitely be an added bonus. Im definitely not even considering the larger SUVs though. Looking purely at the Merc GLK or ML or Audi Q5 size. That should be more than enough for me for a while. Im definitely going to miss the low slung sporty handling of the coupe (if you can call it that! LOL). Im sick of being stranded on heavy snow days though...something beefier and bulkier would definitely help.

Ive started a new thread for the parts Im selling off here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...arts-sale.html

Unfortunately the silver arrow grill went with the car. But I do have the brand new 05+ sport suspension springs and the LEDs for all interior lights with drain resistors.

I will definitely hold the parts you wanted unless you say otherwise. Please take a look at that thread and let me know if anything else interested you.

Cheers!
Old 04-27-2015, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

She's gone!
Attached Thumbnails Goodbye :(-img_0420.jpg