C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Fuel Gauge Issue...Long Story...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Fuel Gauge Issue...Long Story...

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with my C240 so I thought I might ask here for some advice. I had a problem with the car not starting as it suddenly went dead so I got it towed to my house and started doing some testing. Found out the fuel pump was unresponsive so I ordered a new one and hooked it up but still wasn't getting any power to it? So I then traced everything back to the REAR SAM and found out that one of the pins was BURNED out which was quite shocking but even more shocking is that it FRIED the REAR SAM.

So I went to the wreckers and got a used one & new harness and had a pal reprogram it for as I didn't have no lights, tail-lights, wipers, etc. and everything was back to normal except that the fuel gauge is unresponsive? The other thing is that the car takes a little longer to crank over but still starts but not like before which it went right away.

The only thing I can think of is that I might need a new fuel sending unit (Drivers Side) but was wondering if there is anything I can do to check the fuel sending unit to make sure it's not it (voltage, resistance, etc) before I dish out more CASH?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!