C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C55 no start, no crank, no fuel pump sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63
C55 no start, no crank, no fuel pump sound

Hey guys,

I had to make a new account because I could not remember the email address or log in info for my old one. Traded in my c32 on a c55 about a year and a half ago.

Friday I came out to my car and turned the key, and like the title says, no start, no crank at all, and no fuel pump engaging sound. vehicle has power though.

For the past 2 months, the car would occasionally have a starting issue of cranking for about 3-5 seconds before starting. this was intermittent and when i brought to the dealership, they couldn't duplicate it. even though i described how i could get it to happen every time if i tried. what I realized was if i turned the key to the second position for just a second, then clicked all the way to start it, there was no cranking for a few seconds. it started every time, making me think it was an EIS problem

but back to fridays issue of no starting at all. the dealership just called and told me they would have to start with the start replacement. i said thats fine but does the tech realize the fuel pump isnt turning on as well. I am waiting on a call back now. what do you guys think? ive searched and read things like ignition fuses and Crank position sensor. but no one appears to be having this exact probelm on the board or if they are, they dont ever post what fixed it.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Welcome back and thank you for all the previous suggestions and help posts!!

As you are learning all those symptom issues are very hard to diagnose, especially if there are no faults.

What the dealer is doing is looking at the starting circuit and he has to get the car to crank first before it will start and stay running--all your other HS does not come into play untill the engine keeps running.

Therefore he has the key, ignition module and starter to work with, however you may want to ask him if when the starter is connected to 12V directly does the starter crank rather than just replacing the starter!!
Old 08-14-2015, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63
Well they ended up replacing the starter and that did fix it, though he told me the starter relay was also burned out making me think that may have been the original problem. Regardless it was fixed and an oil service was performed. The service advisor was a good buddy of mine so i was out the door for under 500