C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

SPRING LOWERING HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203 c200k
SPRING LOWERING HELP

Hi guys I have a c200k 2003 classic I have 19 inch rims on it and I love the car but sometimes when I look at it, the suspension height gets to me, the back seems to sit higher than the front which isn't a good look in my eyes my friends say the car is perfect and don't notice it but as the owner of the car I do anyway I read on one of the forums that you can change the spring rubber pad to a smaller one as the rubber is a 5 nub ( 20mm ) and you can change it to a 1 nub ( 5mm ) which drops it a little, can anyone confirm if this is possible and if it is even true because I don't want to open up the spring and find it already having a 1 nub.
Thanks
Old 02-02-2016, 02:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
12 E350 4Matic Sport
To answer your question, yes, it is possible to replace the rubber pads in order to adjust the height of the rear end.

These pads come in four sizes, AFAIK.

Oddly enough, I'm planning on doing the exact opposite of you because after installing lowering springs with #1 pads, my ride sits wayyy too low in the back, and it just doesn't look good at all IMO. These cars are naturally supposed to sit slanted (slightly higher rear).

Wanna trade pads?
Old 02-02-2016, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203 c200k
Originally Posted by Crna Mechka
To answer your question, yes, it is possible to replace the rubber pads in order to adjust the height of the rear end.

These pads come in four sizes, AFAIK.

Oddly enough, I'm planning on doing the exact opposite of you because after installing lowering springs with #1 pads, my ride sits wayyy too low in the back, and it just doesn't look good at all IMO. These cars are naturally supposed to sit slanted (slightly higher rear).

Wanna trade pads?

I'm from Australia so I'm not sure where to get pads from and do you know which pads come with the car from factory ?
Thanks
Old 02-04-2016, 03:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
12 E350 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by AMGDW
I'm from Australia so I'm not sure where to get pads from and do you know which pads come with the car from factory ?
Thanks
PM me your VIN # and I'll find out or sign up for EPC NET and you can do it yourself.