C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Help identifying what goes here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007, C230 Sport (m272/w203)
This hose goes where??? (2007 m272)

So, it started with my wife saying her car was driving sluggish. We traded vehicles and it drove normal for me. Granted, normal to me means, more sluggish than the day we bought it but not so bad to cause alarm. The car has 148K miles with regular oil changes, transmission flushes, brake changes, etc. On the second day I had it, the check engine light came on. I took it to O'Reillys Auto and they pulled the following codes and cleared them:

P2006- Intake manifold runner control stuck closed (Bank 1) and
P2012- A camshaft position- Timing over retarded (Bank 1)

I took it to a Euroshop and I was told they wouldn't know exactly without hooking it up to the diagnostic, BUT usually, due to some parts breaking, it will require a new manifold. They said if that were the case, $1,100 parts/labor/tax. He also said they would do an oil change too because sometimes that clears one of the codes. The dealership wanted $1,200 for the manifold alone.

I was due for an oil change so I decided to do that myself and then see if it did anything. I did the oil change and went for a test drive. The car ran less sluggish, back to normal. The next day, the check engine code came back on. I was going to drive it to the Euroshop but the car died on me in my driveway. I cranked it again and I had enough power to drive it into the garage.

After reading so many forums on here until I had a headache, I stuck my finger down the front side of the manifold and I felt that the triangular piece that controls all three rods was broken where the middle rod connects. I ordered a replacement Dorman piece and after reading along here and watching youtube videos, I decided to do it myself.

Many of the threads suggested changing out many of the hard to get to wear items since everything was already accessible with the manifold out. I replaced the four camshaft position sensors and four camshaft magnets. I also replaced the crankshaft sensor at the driver side rear of the car, the two small cam plugs one on each side (they were leaking), the vacuum pump o-ring (pretty sure it was leaking), the crankcase ventilation valve cover, partial breather hose, and the oil drip pan behind the vent valve cover.

The engine has been cleaned as best as I could and nearly all new parts have been installed except for the partial load hose. I'm ready to drop in the new manifold, however, I don't know what goes into the two manifold connections. The old manifold had a hose about 6" connected to it but I don't know what it was connected to. The new manifold just has the connections. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the hose from the air change over valve is connected to the left connection on the manifold (if looking at it). So that leaves the right connection......can someone please identify.

Again, this is a 2007, C230 Sport Sedan, (m272/w203), vin#WDBRF52HX7E026848
Attached Thumbnails Help identifying what goes here!-img_6494.jpg   Help identifying what goes here!-img_4202.jpg  

Last edited by Ozee7; 02-05-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204 c200 cdi & ml350 w164
Originally Posted by Ozee7
So, it started with my wife saying her car was driving sluggish. We traded vehicles and it drove normal for me. Granted, normal to me means, more sluggish than the day we bought it but not so bad to cause alarm. The car has 148K miles with regular oil changes, transmission flushes, brake changes, etc. On the second day I had it, the check engine light came on. I took it to O'Reillys Auto and they pulled the following codes and cleared them:

P2006- Intake manifold runner control stuck closed (Bank 1) and
P2012- A camshaft position- Timing over retarded (Bank 1)

I took it to a Euroshop and I was told they wouldn't know exactly without hooking it up to the diagnostic, BUT usually, due to some parts breaking, it will require a new manifold. They said if that were the case, $1,100 parts/labor/tax. He also said they would do an oil change too because sometimes that clears one of the codes. The dealership wanted $1,200 for the manifold alone.

I was due for an oil change so I decided to do that myself and then see if it did anything. I did the oil change and went for a test drive. The car ran less sluggish, back to normal. The next day, the check engine code came back on. I was going to drive it to the Euroshop but the car died on me in my driveway. I cranked it again and I had enough power to drive it into the garage.

After reading so many forums on here until I had a headache, I stuck my finger down the front side of the manifold and I felt that the triangular piece that controls all three rods was broken where the middle rod connects. I ordered a replacement Dorman piece and after reading along here and watching youtube videos, I decided to do it myself.

Many of the threads suggested changing out many of the hard to get to wear items since everything was already accessible with the manifold out. I replaced the four camshaft position sensors and four camshaft magnets. I also replaced the crankshaft sensor at the driver side rear of the car, the two small cam plugs one on each side (they were leaking), the vacuum pump o-ring (pretty sure it was leaking), the crankcase ventilation valve cover, partial breather hose, and the oil drip pan behind the vent valve cover.

The engine has been cleaned as best as I could and nearly all new parts have been installed except for the partial load hose. I'm ready to drop in the new manifold, however, I don't know what goes into the two manifold connections. The old manifold had a hose about 6" connected to it but I don't know what it was connected to. The new manifold just has the connections. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the hose from the air change over valve is connected to the left connection on the manifold (if looking at it). So that leaves the right connection......can someone please identify.

Again, this is a 2007, C230 Sport Sedan, (m272/w203), vin#WDBRF52HX7E026848
Hi do. You find what this to hole do?