C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Boot and check coolant level fault please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI
Boot and check coolant level fault please help

Hi guys have gone and bought w203 c240 and have found a few faults with it so firstly the boot won't open it dosnt open off the key fob or boot release inside the car or with the little key I can the lock clicking but nothing happens, problem being is the car is due MOT next month and I have a few blown bulbs, how would I access the boot guys?

Also when I drive through a puddle I get coolant check level warning and screen wash check level comes up! Although the has no leaks and coolant is always on the level it's supposed to be, and last but not least how would I go about putting the drivers side wing mirror housing back on? As some very nice person whilst I was parked drove past and smashed my mirror just the glass but the housing has come away and I can't fit it back on

Thanks guys
Mercedes-Ann
Old 05-21-2016, 11:28 PM
VVF
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
2005 C230K(sold), Mk7 Jetta
Do you hear the boot lock clicking when you press the button on the key?
AFAIK all the little key does is it locks the boot so that e.g. valet cannot open it. So perhaps it is locked and then you can unlock it. But maybe it's the mechanism itself...

How is the windshield washer fluid level? Sometimes when it is low the car would throw coolant warnings. But if it only happens when hitting puddles, maybe the wiring is exposed somewhere and is shorting.

As to the mirror housing, if the metal bracket is not damaged, it's simple:
The following users liked this post:
Mercedes1988 (05-22-2016)
Old 05-22-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI
Thank you VVF

Update on boot I have managed to get into the boot although closing it is some what difficult

Coolant update
Both windscreen and coolant levels are spot on and although it's very dry here today I still have both warnings appear! The car is however well over due a service by some 600 miles if this helps also my dashboard is telling me I need to add a litre of oil if this helps also any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks warmest blessings and best wishes
Mercedes-Ann